DC4LIF

Spectator
Reaction score
My handle is in reference to Roger the Dodger (Staubach) who wore #12. I grew up on the East Coast and I'm a Philly fan except for football. But, truth be told, I haven't seen much sports the last few years. I was a rabid baseball fan but swore off it in 1994 when the league went on strike and cancelled the World Series. I haven't been back since. Billionaires arguing with millionaires over money is just not appealing to me. The NFL is going down the same path and I haven't watch an NBA game in years. I'm getting old and ornery......

Ok.

Got it now Dodger & I hear you brother !

Staubach was the shit ! I was lucky enough to get to see him a few times in the old Texas Stadium. I truly loved those days !

Lee Roy Jordan , Charlie Waters , Cliff Harris , Larry Cole , Chuck Howley, Newhouse, Niland , the list goes on & on. All great fucking players that played hard every play & lasted.

Don’t think some current NFL players could even play back then in those times.

Not like it is these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LMAO !

I’m an old blue collar biker , but ya , unfortunately, even out here , the yuppies are starting to take over. View attachment 7275

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice license plate!!! LOL!!! I rode motorcycles only a few times in my life but I loved it. But it's too dangerous for my blood....drivers are nuts.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Negative buddy. I visited California just once or twice back in the 90's. People there were pretty fucked up. They were just wired different, thought different, and talked different. I'm certain Internet King was born there.....

How dare you!

Don’t try to pawn IK off on us Californians

We are a different type of weird than he is!

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Obviously, we should enjoy yesterday's crazy win, but I've just noticed that the Seahawks are next up. Through 2 weeks Russell Wilson is 52/63 for 610 yards, with 9 TDs against 1 INT - giving him a rating of 140.0. We might need to score 50 to win this one.
And I don't get the 4.5pt spread...shouldn't it be at least 17.5?!?!?
Wilson is going to fuck us silly raw dog and we are going to be asking for more all game
This will be ugly...

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
587c381a4f88fc584065be8197e0e6bb.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I don't get the 4.5pt spread...shouldn't it be at least 17.5?!?!?
Wilson is going to fuck us silly raw dog and we are going to be asking for more all game
This will be ugly...
Betcha it'll be the one game all season where we drop 7 and play press coverage outside and actually get some sacks and pressures. Oh and resulting turnovers.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have Seattle coming up

If there was ever a time to sign ET it would be now. Especially with all the injuries we currently have in the secondary

And you just know he wants revenge on the Seahawks

So he would have a nice chip on his shoulder

But alas....

It ain’t gonna happen

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Betcha it'll be the one game all season where we drop 7 and play press coverage outside and actually get some sacks and pressures. Oh and resulting turnovers.

I hope not. IMO, the first 2 games have been too weird to consider any parts of a trend. But, to be contenders, It is absolutely critical Nolan get to QBs who can go deep on you, like Wilson and Rodgers

it's hard for me to see Lawrence, Smith, Griffith, and yeah Gregory at some point not coming up big over the course of the season, different ones at different points, but it will be hard to keep them off over time. Nolan better deliver ... any coach that can't get a edge pressure out of those 4 isn't needed.

If we can get to Wilson next Sunday, this might turn out to be a decent defense, if not, it may be a long season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We have Seattle coming up

If there was ever a time to sign ET it would be now. Especially with all the injuries we currently have in the secondary

And you just know he wants revenge on the Seahawks

So he would have a nice chip on his shoulder

But alas....

It ain’t gonna happen

Nobody wants ET. Obviously there is a lot more going on with the off field and locker room stuff than what anyone in the public knows. I am not 100% sure but I don't think there's even been an offer for him from anyone, even for minimal pay.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Place is in epic meltdown mode, many consider this game just as bad, if not worse than the Super Bowl disaster.
I could see how ATL might feel that way - the scenario epic and the numbers ugly as it gets

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So you are saying one of those games where it clearly looks like we should get smoked but come out and actually play up to the competition and surprise the world?? Lawd I hope so...
I will say Seattle can't generate pressure on the QB, shit nor can we, so that should provide our O with opportunities but this D scares the shit out of me against RW
Going to be another high flying affair and on a positive note...no ET "let me show you why you should come get me" game (though Adams is special)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So you are saying one of those games where it clearly looks like we should get smoked but come out and actually play up to the competition and surprise the world?
No... lol

I'm saying watch it be the one game all year where we attack instead of being timid. Like we typically see, once a season. And when it works spectacularly like it always does, we get scared next opponents are gonna be expecting it so we go back to our hesitant, timid selves.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I will say Seattle can't generate pressure on the QB, shit nor can we,

it's hard to reason why with Smith, Griffin, Lawrence on the field along with serious blitzers they aren't getting pressure other than coaching - and luck, it's been just 2 games - IMO, they'll come up big, sooner or later

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No... lol

I'm saying watch it be the one game all year where we attack instead of being timid. Like we typically see, once a season. And when it works spectacularly like it always does, we get scared next opponents are gonna be expecting it so we go back to our hesitant, timid selves.

I am really hoping they type of pattern was in Garrett’s DNA and no longer an issue with the Cowboys

“Fingers crossed”

Top Bottom