LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Zeke was one of the very few guys for us that had a really good game.

He definitely came to play.
We were mashing them up front on the running plays. Zeke was running with malevolent purpose. That one short TD run was devastating. Why again would you ever sit Zeke with the game on the line in the 4th quarter? Especially when he's on his A-game like he was. I've never seen him in better shape or looking so strong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure if was ever posted, but our inactive list from yesterday was:

Cowboys: QB Ben DiNucci, OG Connor McGovern, TE Sean McKeon, DB Reggie Robinson, LB Luke Gifford, CB Jourdan Lewis

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Footbrawl game going on in Denver tonight. 7-7 entering 4th qtr, Titans/Broncos. Hard hitting defenses tonight. Real football.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Saquon Barkley, 15 carries for 6 yards. Jason Garrett at his best...

I just heard that Barkley lost yards on 8 of those 15 carries and ended up with a .4 average per carry.

The last time I remember seeing numbers like that is when Demarco Murray signed with the Eagles

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Cowboys will look to replace Leighton Vander Esch (collarbone) and Blake Jarwin (knee) internally at the moment. Francis Bernard could be called up from the practice squad for Vander Esch, but the team could go with just three tight ends and use the spot to keep Brandon Carr on the roster. “Anytime you make those type of changes to your 53 or preparing for your 48, you want to get players reps and try to clearly define each player's role,” Mike McCarthy said.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Footbrawl game going on in Denver tonight. 7-7 entering 4th qtr, Titans/Broncos. Hard hitting defenses tonight. Real football.

Or was it just two teams that hadnt played any preseason games or had real practices, and the offenses played like shit

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just heard that Barkley lost yards on 8 of those 15 carries and ended up with a .4 average per carry.

The last time I remember seeing numbers like that is when Demarco Murray signed with the Eagles

I didnt watch the game but at one point he had 9 carries for -3 (negative) yards

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Or was it just two teams that hadnt played any preseason games or had real practices, and the offenses played like shit
No. Poor Tennessee even missed three FGs after good drives. Should have won handily.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didnt watch the game but at one point he had 9 carries for -3 (negative) yards

It was the second worse rushing effort in the Super Bowl era.

Jabbar for the Dolphins got one less yard on 15 carries back in 96

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was 1994, Barry Sanders had a game where he had -1 (negative) on 13 carries in a playoff game.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I do not see this as Williams' fault. This was on Looney all the way. Looney is the center. He needs to recognize this play by the Rams DL right away and he has to look for Donald coming around Williams. This is where the Cowboys will miss Frederick. Frederick rarely made mistakes like this. This is why center is such a vital position on the OL. He is the guy who is supposed to be calling the blocking schemes and seeing the twists and stunts.

Williams had a bad game, but this play was not his fault, at least not fully his fault.

it was both and I hate to say it bit I doubt either will improve much, this OL is not very good, despite it's rep
and the play calling didn't help

games will always be won and lost in the trenches - we got physically beat on O and D

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think he's a nice story and for a guy that had not seen the field in 5yrs, he played well.

But I thought Collinsworth was a little over the top in his praise for him. There were many plays where Smith looked a little slow to me (expected due to his increased size and weight) and many of the plays on this highlight clip were him vs a TE.

Nobody has said much about him, but I thought Trysten Hill played reasonably well. Certainly far better than Poe or Crawford IMO.

Top Bottom