icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am pretty happy about anae and bidazz

i would have liked us to draft WR tyler johnson from minnesota

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is the first draft I can remember since Jimmy left, where it feels like we actually have a fucking plan and know what we're doing.

Wait a minute. You didn't like Parcells draft where he landed Ware, Spears, Burnett, MBIII, Chris Canty, and Ratliff? That was a hell of a draft. So much talent was wasted.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dont know anything about Dinucci the QB they drafted. Supposedly NE was interested and had a QB rating of 125. CBS draft grade was "C" FWIW. Biggest negative listed was not a quick decision maker. Not a negative that usually leads to lots of success.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think this is a first time I’ve seen the Cowboys get an A

Maybe times are changing

Dallas Cowboys

Draft picks: Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb (No. 17 overall), Alabama CB Trevon Diggs (No. 51), Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore (No. 82), Tulsa CB Reggie Robinson (No. 123), Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz (No. 146), Utah DE Bradlee Anae (No. 179), James Madison QB Ben DiNucci (No. 231)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: A
Overall grade: A
Draft analysis: Lamb was the top receiver in the class and Diggs joined Gallimore in shoring up sore sports on defense, so I have zero complaints about Jerry Jones' moves on the first two days of the draft.

Love the pick of Robinson as an outside corner with athleticism in the fourth round. He should have been selected much earlier. I expected Dallas to pick Biadasz early in the fourth round so it wasn't surprising they moved up to get the sturdy pivot later in that round. Giving up a future pick is not always a great move, but sending a fifth-rounder in 2021 to the Eagles to move up for a probable long-time starter makes plenty of sense to me.

Anae is a top-100 talent who fell to Dallas at the end of Round 5. While not the quickest edge rusher, his strength, moves and hustle are difficult for tackles to deal with.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wait a minute. You didn't like Parcells draft where he landed Ware, Spears, Burnett, MBIII, Chris Canty, and Ratliff? That was a hell of a draft. So much talent was wasted.

Agree Laz. The 2005 draft came to mind as well. I like this draft and I think the team did well. Hopefully having a real HC with real assistant coaches added some direction to the draft. I get the feeling this draft is one of those roster building drafts where you find some really nice pieces and if we can follow up with a good draft next year, we might be a real contender.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wait a minute. You didn't like Parcells draft where he landed
I Liked it fine. Wasn't what I said.

Unfortunately I missed that draft so didn't get a feeling about it until way later. My comment was about drafts I watched unfold. And this one is the first one since Jimmy left where I could see we had a plan and knew what we were doing.

Top Bottom