icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rainman would have a hard time w the wonderlic but hes a world champ at counting jellybeans

Maybe playing wr is jeudys jellybeans

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Hit me in the head with a hammer, if I ever sign another dumb player." -- Jimmy Johnson

The fucking wonderlic ain't that hard. IF you have basic intelligence.

There's more to being smart than the fucking Wonderlic.

Once upon a time, Quincy Carter scored a really decent Wonderlic score, yet he was unquestionably one of the stupidest individuals this franchise has ever drafted.

I think he even scored higher than Aikman.

So please stop with this shit about the importance of the Wonderlic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
importance of the Wonderlic.
I never said anything about it being important.

There's a difference between "dumb" and "unintelligent" however. One can be highly intelligent but still consistently do and say dumb things, for example.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I never said anything about it being important.
BUT...

If you can't perform well on a test you KNOW is coming, that you have ample opportunity to investigate and get familiar with, that is no mystery at all, your dismal score of 9 tells me some things about you. And gives me reason to question some things.

• Lack of effort? If so will that show up at an inopportune time in the future?
  • How competitive are you? Do you not want to win at everything you do? Or, do you simply not mind losing at something you don't view as important? Maybe you'll decide a play or two a game might not be important enough for you to give your best effort? Maybe losing really doesn't bother you at all?
  • I DO question your intelligence and your common sense, with a score below 10. I question your competitive desire. Where's your pride?
  • You had the chance to show me something about you and what you showed wasn't positive. You want the job? I can't tell.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if 99 percent of the FO people in the league don't think this way about it. I know and understand there's never been a correlation established between wonderlic performance and on-field performance. But what about off the field? How are you going to represent our organization out there in the world? Are you going to be doing stupid things like beating up women or other crimes? You gonna be a problem?

The wonderlic is a tool, nothing more. A tool for the thinking man.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FWIW peter King has us taking Alabama safety Xavier Mckinney at 17 and then trading back up to end of 1st rd to get Michigan C Cesar Ruiz. If it happened, almost a sure fire lock we have two plug and play starters. Then McGovern and Williams can both stay at G and compete there, if McGovern wins starting LG spot Williams likely becomes the backup swing T, possibly groom behind Tyron Smith as potential replacement there in a couple seasons or so.

His comments:

17. Dallas—Xavier McKinney, safety, Alabama
Trading down low into the round, or even high into round two, and taking Michigan center Cesar Ruiz as a long-term replacement for the retired Travis Frederick wouldn’t surprise me. But there’s a big hole at safety that must be filled, and McKinney’s the top safety on most boards (apologies, Grant Delpit). McKinney is a sure tackler, proficient in coverage and a very smart player. He’s the type of back-end player who could be the leader of a needy secondary for five or six years.

31. Dallas (trade with San Francisco)—Cesar Ruiz, center, Michigan
I said at pick 18 that the Cowboys wanted to replace Travis Frederick with a solid rock in this draft, and it could well be that he’d be on the board midway through the second round with the 51st overall pick. But the Cowboys surrender their third-round pick (82 overall) to move up for a long-term center. The Niners wanted two picks—possibly one for a big-body plugger in the middle of the defensive line, one for a receiver—and this deal does the trick.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So how long into the actual draft do you think it will take before we have the first of many technical issues?

My guess is under 10 minutes.

I’m talking 10 minutes from when they announce the first team being on the clock. Not from the start of the broadcast.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a clusterfuck of an event

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Reports are coming out the Tua May drop out of the top 15

Please lord don’t let that happen

You just know Jeruh’s eye will start to twitch and he won’t be able to help himself and will take him at 17

Then Jeruh will think he’s won the lottery. The only problem is when Jeruh goes to turn in his lottery ticket he will find out that it was a fake lottery ticket and isn’t worth a damn thing

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reports are coming out the Tua May drop out of the top 15

Please lord don’t let that happen

You just know Jeruh’s eye will start to twitch and he won’t be able to help himself

He will take Tua, then Jeruh will thinks he’s won the lottery. The only problem is when Jeruh goes to turn in his lottery ticket he will find out that it was a fake lottery ticket and isn’t worth a damn thing

You mean like when he took Johnny Manziel that yr? Oh wait.

There's no way in hell we take Tua or any other QB in the 1st rd. I'll happily bet you on it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope you are right

Jeruh might have an ill timed “technical glitch” when he’s on the clock where the rest of the Cowboys FO mysteriously lose connection leaving Jeruh all alone to do what he thinks is right

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Be cool if hackers installed an extension that made Goodell sound like Donald Duck on helium.
Other than that, hope it works.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I fully expect the actual draft to be a complete shit show

AT&T better make sure Jeruh’s internet connection doesn’t go down during the draft or Jeruh is gonna resell the naming rights to Sprint Mobile

Top Bottom