Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I work for a healthcare company and I don't want it now, even though I am eligible to get it.

There are also countless articles out there about large percentages of health care system employees (including patient-facing staff like doctors and nurses) who are refusing the vaccine.

What is the reasoning for yourself and other healthcare workers refusing to get the vaccine?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What is the reasoning for yourself and other healthcare workers refusing to get the vaccine?

It hasn't been tested enough. There's no way they can predict what the long term effects will be. Other vaccines have been around for decades or longer.

My other problem with it I don't really see the need for a vaccine for something that has such a high survival rate. Maybe there are some benefits for the elderly or other really high risk individuals (once its proven safe) but for the masses I just don't see any reason to do it.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Are we close to achieving herd immunity? 24 million Americans have already had COVID-19, another 12 million have been vaccinated. But experts have been saying since last summer that the number of people who contracted COVID could be as high as 10 times the number that have been tested. With increased testing this may be an overestimate but even if the number is only twice what has been reported, then we already have 60 million Americans who either had COVID or have been vaccinated. That is about the same number of Americans who got H1N1 before it began to fade.

Don't believe the talking heads on TV that claim 70% to 90% have to become immune to reach herd immunity. That's total nonsense and ignores the differences in state population density. The fact is Spanish flu only infected 25% of the US before herd immunity was attained and H1N1 infected about 20%.

The reason I ask if is the number of serious and critical cases has dropped about 2% in the last 6 days. New cases and deaths appears to have dropped significantly over the same period. We've seen similar declines in new cases and deaths in the past, but serious/critical cases has been a pretty good indicator of the overall trend.

We are going to reach herd immunity eventually. Either because most people are infected or they are vaccinated.

At the same time, the trend seems to be mirroring countries in Europe who saw their second wave about 2 months before the US, a theirs was much worse than what we have seen in the US so far. From the European trend lines, the US would see a major increase in cases (we did) followed by a slow downward trend in new cases beginning about the end of January. It looks like this is exactly what we are seeing now. The vaccine is going to cause a sharper downturn in the curve as the rollout of the vaccine accelerates to the general population.

Anyway, food for thought?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One of these two things are true IMO:

1) The testing is complete b/s, because it's so inaccurate. But there's bookoos of money in it for someone, so they keep on keeping on with their narrative.

Or

2) It's super contagious and almost everyone has already had it or been exposed, which means the mortality rate is incredibly low, making it similar to the common cold or any other run of the mill flu virus. Of course if this is true then their whole "sky is falling!!!!!" rationale and insistence on restrictions, lock downs and other garbage is 100% b/s.

Either way, it's a sham.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I went online to schedule my COVID vaccine shot and there were no appointments available. I am eligible in my state now due to my age but apparently so many people are signing up for the shot they do not have any time slots.
The governor claims Biden is going to fix this and somehow blames Trump for the shortage of doses, as if 49 other states and 200 other countries are not also vying for doses.

Also, we can get the either of the 2 mRNA vaccines but we cannot choose which one we get. If you show up for an shot, you get what they have available. The Pfizer vaccine is slightly more effective supposedly than the Moderna, although I suspect they are basically the same.

I know a lot of people are turning down the shots, but more than 12 million Americans have already been vaccinated. Some people are having side effects, but the reports of deaths and other severe reactions are greatly exaggerated. I still fear COVID, because I am diabetic and am dealing with bladder cancer, and kidney disease, more than I fear the vaccine. I will continue to monitor the vaccine rollouts in case something happens to change my mind.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I love the strategy employed in these vaccines. It's not a Salk-type model. As I have come to understand it, we're introducing an antagonist to the protein this virus and really all SARS viruses, use to attach themselves to our cells. Once you have both doses your cells are protected from it latching on. Prevents the illness associated with it. Keeps us from having to have a different vaccine for each variant that comes out, like we have with flu.

We achieve herd immunity via exposure, which this does not prevent at all. We build antibodies to the virus the natural way. Which means, yes we can still catch carry and spread this virus, at least until it dies in our system. Can't reproduce or even incubate if it can't latch onto our cells. This is also the reason we were able to produce this in record time vs. the Salk way. It's genius.

The Salk model was to make the vaccine out of samples of the dead virus. This was a breakthrough, previously all we had was giving you the live virus in a small dose, so you would then build up immunity to it without actually catching the disease. (Hopefully) Salk's method ensured you could not get the disease period, once you built up immunity. But his method was tricky, and took months to make and years to test.

This stuff today - we found a protein the virus uses to infiltrate our cells and incubate and multiply. Once this happens the virus makes us sick and can kill. We introduce an antagonist to that protein and make your body produce it, so that if you catch this virus it can't do much except eventually die. But while the virus is in us we have time to develop antibodies to the virus naturally and without getting sick, and become immune. So that if it gets in our bloodstream again it just gets killed outright by our immune system. Accomplishing the same thing Salk did, but without giving us any part of the virus alive or dead.

It's just a pharmaceutical we can quickly and inexpensively mass produce instead of incubating and growing a virus in eggs, killing it then injecting people with it. That takes way too long and is way too costly and there's way too much margin for error. Literally millions have tied testing Salk-type vaccines, and in fact it was a Salk-type vaccine test that gave us the AIDS virus.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Good news. It looks like the latest wave of CV-19 is waning in most part of the country. NY and NJ are still dealing with major outbreaks but almost everywhere else it looks like the numbers are decreasing. Serious/critical cases have dropped by about 10% in the last week. This is a good indicator we are seeing the beginning of the end to this wave.

1 million Americans are being vaccinated every day. That's more than 5 times as many new cases per day. What is noteworthy is that the 2nd wave in the US was not nearly as severe as the 2nd wave in Europe. It was definitely worse than the 1st wave but it could have been a lot worse than it was.

Looking back, about 25 million have been infected with corona, less than half the number of H1N1 cases. So we can only conclude that the measures we took did have a beneficial effect in reducing the outbreak. Since the economy has not completely tanked, I suggest the measures were took were a good balance of protecting against COVID and protecting the economy. Time will tell if I am right.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We joked about this happening before the election and now it’s happening

The Gov of CA has opened the state up and removed the statewide lockdown.

It’s a fucking miracle and apparently Biden’s magic wand is in full effect. Because the numbers right now are worse than they were when CA originally shutdown in March. Yet they are suddenly good enough to open up the entire state now that Biden is Pres?

1+1 ain’t equaling 2

I have said it before and I’ll say it again and again every time I see it.

The left’s hypocrisy knows no bounds!

For the last year Trump has been saying we need to open the country up. Dems have said he’s trying to kill people by opening the country.

Now that Trump is out of office both Newsome in Ca And fuckface Cuomo in New York are both calling to open up the country one week after Biden takes office.

Fuck you Dems for ruining this country by keeping it closed just so you could keep up the charade and hurt Trump

And FUCK YOU for closing down my small business for 11 months!

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We joked about this happening before the election and now it’s happening

The Gov of CA has opened the state up and removed the statewide lockdown.

It’s a fucking miracle and apparently Biden’s magic wand is in full effect. Because the numbers right now are worse than they were when CA originally shutdown in March. Yet they are suddenly good enough to open up the entire state now that Biden is Pres?

1+1 ain’t equaling 2

I have said it before and I’ll say it again and again every time I see it.

The left’s hypocrisy knows no bounds!

For the last year Trump has been saying we need to open the country up. Dems have said he’s trying to kill people by opening the country.

Now that Trump is out of office both Newsome in Ca And fuckface Cuomo in New York are both calling to open up the country one week after Biden takes office.

Fuck you Dems for ruining this country by keeping it closed just so you could keep up the charade and hurt Trump

And FUCK YOU for closing down my small business for 11 months!

Newsome's motivation is also tied the the massive recall effort against him though.

How does an assclown like this get elected in the first place?

Oh wait, California......

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Newsome's motivation is also tied the the massive recall effort against him though.

Cuz California, that’s how

And we now have 1.2m of the 1.5m needed to get the recall on the next ballot

I have faith it will happen. This isn’t our first retarded Gov that we have recalled

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

$31B in unemployment fraud

Gooooo Gavin!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cuz California, that’s how

And we now have 1.2m of the 1.5m needed to get the recall on the next ballot

I have faith it will happen. This isn’t our first retarded Gov that we have recalled

if they get to the 1.5, mysteriously half of them will be disallowed or something I bet.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score

The liberal mainstream media can’t hide this truth from the American public forever.

The latest international testing of hydroxychloroquine treatment of coronavirus shows countries that had early use of the drug had a 79% lower mortality rate than countries that banned the use of the safe malaria drug.

Those motherfukers likely caused hundreds of thousands of death just to deny Trump by saying he was dead wrong and that hydroxychloroquine should not be used to treat covid. These people are just plain fucking evil.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now wear FOUR masks!

No, this isn't as joke. An actual physician (probably a Libtard) suggested this.

Comrade Fauci suggested wearing two or more masks was a good idea too. Of course he originally said masks, travel bans, lock downs and other shit wasn't needed too.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Now wear FOUR masks!

No, this isn't as joke. An actual physician (probably a Libtard) suggested this.

Comrade Fauci suggested wearing two or more masks was a good idea too. Of course he originally said masks, travel bans, lock downs and other shit wasn't needed too.
If they really want to virtue signal that much then they should wear 100 or more mask. I hope anyone who pushes such utter bullshit practices what they preach then maybe one day someone will find them dead from smothering themselves with too many mask.

Top Bottom