InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Trump Administration Moving Swiftly to Address Ventilator Shortages

“Ventilators represent the last line of defense for patients suffering with severe COVID-19 symptoms. We are moving swiftly in Trump Time to address a significant shortage of these lifesavers,” writes Peter Navarro, Director of the White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, in USA Today.

“The Trump administration has worked with 10 manufacturers on a plan to deliver an additional 5,000 ventilators within the next 30 days, and more than 100,000 additional ventilators by the end of June. In a page taken out of the World War II playbook, the Ford Motor Co., with General Electric, is racing to produce an additional 50,000 new ventilators in 100 days at a converted auto plant in Michigan.”

Click here to read more.
“Lower taxes and fewer regulations unleashed the best economy in half a century and gave small businesses the means to hire more employees, pay higher wages, and reinvest capital. These conditions still exist but are being seriously challenged by the coronavirus pandemic, a true ‘black swan’ catastrophe. While our nation continues to fight against this pandemic, we have a responsibility in Congress to help small businesses survive this storm,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy writes in the Washington Examiner.
“Amid the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump has emerged as a strong wartime president [against] an unseen enemy,” Rep. Buddy Carter (R-GA) writes. “He has risen to the occasion beautifully and fully activated the power of the federal government and private sector to slow the spread of this disease.” Read more in the Effingham Herald.
“Small businesses will be able to access new loans starting Friday to help them stay afloat during the economic crisis wrought by the coronavirus. The $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill passed by Congress and signed by President Donald Trump established a $350 billion Paycheck Protection Program,” Fred Lucas reports in The Daily Signal.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya georgia just FOUND OUT YESTERDAY that you can have the coronavirus and not show any symptoms

experts have been saying that for MONTHS

fuckin morons

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
USA is literally about to widen the gap between themselves and second place in the worldwide obesity rate

InternetKing

Reaction score
News from Representative Kilmer
new-banner.png
April 3, 2020​
Friend –

Last Friday, the House passed and the President signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide immediate relief to workers and families, while bolstering America’s medical response to COVID-19.

I fought for a number of provisions in this bill that will help ensure Washington’s families, students, employers, health care providers, and communities have the resources and assistance they need during these difficult times. That includes providing direct assistance to individuals and providing substantial funding for programs to mitigate the economic challenges created by this crisis.

With much of the economy currently shut down, it’s important that lower and middle-income Americans can get the financial support they need to get by and continue to pay the bills. Direct assistance can play a pivotal part in that. To that end, this new law provides immediate direct cash payments—up to $1,200 for each adult and $500 for each child, beginning to phase out at an annual income of $75,000 for an individual and $150,000 for a household.

I’ve heard from a lot of folks over the past few days about what exactly that means – who’s eligible, when a rebate can be expected, and how to apply. So, I thought I’d take a minute to answer some frequently asked questions. As the response to COVID-19 continues to develop, I’d encourage you to continue to check my website for more information at Kilmer.House.Gov/Coronavirus and the Washington State Employment Security Department at esd.wa.gov.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why are rebates being administered to Americans?

A:
Our nation is facing one of the gravest health and economic emergencies in over 100 years. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a deep impact on every aspect of American life — and bold action is required to address the health emergency, mitigate the economic damage, and provide for a strong recovery.

Q: Am I eligible to receive a direct payment? How much will I receive?

A:
Individuals making up to $75,000 ($150,000 for married workers) will receive payments of $1,200 with an additional $500 payment per minor child. The payments decrease ratably and stop altogether for single workers making more than $99,000 ($198,000 for married workers and $218,000 for a family of four).

Q. What do I need to do to apply for and receive a rebate?

A:
The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those who are eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

Q. When will rebates be distributed?

A:
The first rebates are expected to be distributed the week of April 20, 2020.

Q: Do I have to owe taxes to qualify for this rebate?

A:
No. People who earn taxable income but do not typically file a tax return will need to file a simple tax return to receive an economic impact payment. Low-income taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans, and individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax return will still qualify for direct payments.

Q. Will receiving this rebate hurt my eligibility for social safety net programs?

A:
If you receive Social Security, retirement, or other social safety net benefits, you may still qualify for direct payments. These payments will not be taxable nor represent “resources” for program eligibility purposes.

Q: I’m a senior, or someone who doesn’t typically file a tax return. If I’m eligible, what do I need to do to receive a debate?

A:
For Social Security beneficiaries who do not file returns, the Treasury and the IRS announced on April 1st that these beneficiaries will not need to file a “simple tax return” to receive their rebate. Recipients will receive their rebate just as they would their Social Security benefits.

For other taxpayers who do not file returns, the IRS expects to release the “simple tax return” referred to in a recent IRS News Release “soon.” The IRS expects it will contain only a few questions, including name, SSNs, dependents, and deposit information. There also will be other IRS guidance accompanying this simple tax return.

Information on the process to filing will become available in the coming days. In the meantime, please continue to visit the IRS Coronavirus updates page by clicking here.

These payments will not be taxable nor represent “resources” for program eligibility purposes.

Q. I have not filed my tax return for 2018 or 2019. Can I still receive an economic impact payment?

A:
The IRS urges anyone with a tax filing obligation who has not yet filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019 to file as soon as they can to receive an economic impact payment. Taxpayers should include direct deposit banking information on the return. The IRS has provided additional information about tax filing here. For those concerned about visiting a tax professional or local community organization in person to get help with a tax return, these economic impact payments will be available throughout the rest of 2020.

Q: We have filed and paid our taxes for the 2019 Tax Year. However, we do not have direct deposit information on file. What can we do so we are not waiting three months for our rebate checks?

A:
In the coming weeks, the Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. Please continue to visit the IRS for updates by clicking here.

Q: My child is still in high school but is 18 years of age. Can they be considered a child eligible for an additional $500 under this bill?

A:
No. Under the CARES Act, a qualifying child for the purposes of the recovery rebate is any dependent of a taxpayer under the age of 17, consistent with the definition of a qualified child under the Child Tax Credit. Read on below about efforts I’m taking on in Congress to help fix this issue.

Q: My parent(s) still claim me as a dependent on their taxes. Am I still eligible for a rebate check?

A:
No. You cannot receive an economic impact payment if someone else claims you as a dependent on their tax return. If you are under the age of 17, your parents will receive a $500 rebate. Unfortunately, the CARES Act failed to provide rebates for the thousands of high school and college age students between the ages of 17 and 24 who are dependent on their parents and are experiencing the financial impacts of the COVID-19 epidemic. I am sponsoring a bill that would fix that error and allow parents to receive a $500 rebate for dependent children up to the age of 24, by ensuring that the more expansive definition of a qualified dependent is used instead.

Q: Can I still receive a rebate if I owe the IRS money?

A:
Yes. The bill turns off nearly all administrative offsets that ordinarily may reduce tax refunds for individuals who have past tax debts, or who are behind on other payments to federal or state governments, including student loan payments.

Q: Can I still receive a rebate if I owe child support?

A:
No. The only administrative offset that will be enforced applies to those who have past due child support payments that the states have reported to the Treasury Department.

Beyond that, we all know there’s more work to do. Congress is already beginning work on a fourth emergency response bill. Among other things, it’s expected that this fourth bill will be focused on infrastructure investments to restart the economy as well as other resources to help those in need. If you have an idea for how the federal government can help – or a concern you think isn’t being addressed – please reach out to me and my team.

To sign-up for my newsletter to continue to get updates from my office, click here.

Please be safe and stay well. As always, I’m honored to represent you.

Sincerely,
Signature.png

Derek Kilmer​

InternetKing

Reaction score
Seattle City Light
COVID-19 Response
OPEN LETTER FROM CITY LIGHT CEO, DEBRA SMITH
At Seattle City Light we are working hard to react quickly to COVID-19 while remaining committed to the well-being, both physical and financial, of our dedicated employees and the communities we serve. We're doing our best to navigate through this unprecendented event as each day brings new developments.

Our service is an essential need, and its reliability is a top priority. With the Emergency Declaration, and more recently Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” Order, we continue adjusting the way we work to ensure employee and customer safety while we maintain critical services.

To learn more about the steps Seattle City Light has taken to keep our employees safe and our customers supported, see our Powerlines Blog.

Here are a few highlights about how we’re serving customers during this time:

Infrastructure Work

We are prioritizing essential critical infrastructure work and doing work in a way that minimizes planned service disruptions. This is in accordance with Governor Inslee’s order and with protocols in place to meet all COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC, Washington Department of Health, and OHSA.

Please be aware that due to the nature of our work maintaining the electrical system, some essential tasks require crew members to work closely together for their safety. So, if you see a few lineworkers working side by side, please know they’re doing it for good reason and are minimizing close proximity as much as they can to safely complete the job.
And please do your part by keeping a safe distance – always a good idea when it comes to working with electricity, whether we’re avoiding a virus or not!

Power Outages

We understand power outages are burdensome, but even more so now. While the stay-at-home order is in place, we won’t intentionally cut power to complete a job unless it’s an emergency, in support of COVID-19 response, or an essential service project that is coordinated in advance (e.g., establishing power for sites used as temporary shelter or field hospitals).

We’ve had pretty mild weather lately, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t on our minds. If the winds pick up and cause outages, as always, we are prepared, ready to respond and will keep working until your power is restored.

Financial Support

Many people are experiencing financial hardships due to the impact of social distancing and business closures. During the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration, we won’t shut off service for non-payment . In fact, crisis or not, we will never call you or knock on your door and demand payment. If someone says otherwise, they are running a scam; report it online.

We’re here to help any customer, resident or business, struggling to pay their utility bill due to COVID-19. Call 206-684-3000 or send an email24/7. Income-eligible residential customers can also sign up for the Utility Discount Program. We’ve fast-tracked a self-certified application to make the process easier.

Payment Centers

To keep you and our employees healthy, all walk-in centers will remain closed during this time. You can still use the payment drop boxes, and we’re always here to help you with account and billing needs online or over the phone at (206) 684-3000.

City and State Resources

Finally, Mayor Durkan and Governor Inslee have expanded and created many programs to support our community. If you or someone you know needs shelter, food or other help, please check their resource pages.

I will update our customers as things change. You are always my number one priority, and that remains especially true during this time. Please continue to support one another and stay healthy.

Take Care.
%7Bde3793e8-adcf-4aed-9b66-64616950e9eb%7D_Screen_Shot_2020-03-31_at_12.12.54_PM.png

Debra Smith
General Manager and CEO, Seattle City Light

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
damn, these talk shows just turn into bad YouTube videos when there is no live audience, a band and guests

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

What kind of horse shit is this? Do you dumb shills believe the propaganda that has come out of that shit hole? They throw out American doctors and lie to the world about how serious this was and let the virus spread and now we post propaganda videos. I never thought I'd see people so gullible but I guess leftist nut jobs love places like China. Yes, the Chinese obviously tell the truth but Trump lies!!!! Fucking kooks.......

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happened in ma

guy gets mad so he coughs and spits on produce, and got himself into a pickle

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Single dose of common agricultural drug Ivermectin found to “essentially eliminate all viral material” of COVID-19 coronavirus within 48 hours

A new study published in the journal Antiviral Research finds that Ivermectin, a common agricultural drug used as a de-wormer for cats, dogs, horses and livestock — achieves a 5000-fold reduction in replication of the SARS-cov-2 “Wuhan” coronavirus.

Ivermectin is sold at agricultural supply stores and online retailers such as Amazon.com. It’s normally sold as an edible paste or a sterile solution for injection into cattle and other livestock. The drug is FDA-approved for certain treatments, although not yet FDA approved for treatment of COVID-19. We are not recommending it for human consumption until more data are available.

The study, is entitled, “The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro.”

Top Bottom