theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sorry but Mid is right about this. Romo can do/say the right things publicly and be a team/positive guy all he wants then, but behind closed doors with Jerry and Steven he should absolutely be on the level about things, and it is readily apparently from Jones' action with Garrett that Romo's discussions behind the scenes about Garrett mirror what he says publicly.

Jones is and always has been 100% bought in on Romo. Romo has been coached by Garrett every day for 9 years now. Almost everyone agrees Garrett is not a good HC, except the person who matters most to Jones (Romo). If Romo had been telling Jones that he wanted better coaching or he was walking/refusing to sign extensions/refusing to restructure deals there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jones would have fired Garrett by now. But Romo didn't. He tells Jones he loves Garrett so Jones keeps Garret employed.

No David Lee developed Romo. David Lee is the best in the business. He just made Tyrod Taylor rich and most of us thought he couldnt play in the league. Lee of course was on Parcels staff and left when he did. I cant imagine what the last 15 years would have been like had Parcels not needed on last payday before retirement.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting last several posts on Romo. Props.

I'm leaning more and more to Mid's view. I hate saying it, because Tony is the only reason this team is any good at all. But it looks like he would rather stay in total control of the offense and remain comfortable than get a better coach who would give him some hard coaching and make him go through a scheme change.

IMO this is Tony's arrogance, which Parcells told us about from the start. He thinks he can win this thing all by himself. It's a big reason why he's as good as he is, but he's overestimating himself IMO. Brady still needs a Belichick. Favre needed a Holmgren. Montana needed a Walsh. Lousy head coaches have won the Superbowl, but odds are greatly against it.

To edit, though: I will add that it's entirely possible that Tony is the reason Garrett is no longer the OC. Maybe he went to Jerry and complained, and Jerry said I'm sorry, I'm not firing Jason, but I will get you a new OC. In fact I'm pretty sure that happened, because we know for a fact that Jason never wanted to let go of the playcalling and wouldn't have done it without Jerry forcing it.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Interesting last several posts on Romo. Props.

I'm leaning more and more to Mid's view. I hate saying it, because Tony is the only reason this team is any good at all. But it looks like he would rather stay in total control of the offense and remain comfortable than get a better coach who would give him some hard coaching and make him go through a scheme change.

IMO this is Tony's arrogance, which Parcells told us about from the start. He thinks he can win this thing all by himself. It's a big reason why he's as good as he is, but he's overestimating himself IMO. Brady still needs a Belichick. Favre needed a Holmgren. Montana needed a Walsh. Lousy head coaches have won the Superbowl, but odds are greatly against it.

To edit, though: I will add that it's entirely possible that Tony is the reason Garrett is no longer the OC. Maybe he went to Jerry and complained, and Jerry said I'm sorry, I'm not firing Jason, but I will get you a new OC. In fact I'm pretty sure that happened, because we know for a fact that Jason never wanted to let go of the playcalling and wouldn't have done it without Jerry forcing it.
. When Garrett goes he'll be replaced by Garrett 2.0. Some weak lame ass coach with no shot to succeed. That is how Jerry operates. Any coach that is worth a shit isnt coming here because they want control. Look every coach hired since Jimmy left. Only reason he hired Parcels was to get the stadium built. Once Parcels grabbed his loot he got outta here so fast he left skid marks. The culture has to change but it wont as long as Jerry is in charge. Welcome eternal mediocrity.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
. When Garrett goes he'll be replaced by Garrett 2.0. Some weak lame ass coach with no shot to succeed. That is how Jerry operates. Any coach that is worth a shit isnt coming here because they want control.
By several accounts, Zimmer would have been his hire if he'd actually fired Garrett, and Zimmer would be no Garrett 2.0. Not at all.

Now he might get himself fired or quit, but he wouldn't be a lapdog like Garrett. Even if Jerry controlled the roster, he wouldn't be afraid to chew ass and demand discipline on the field.

Reaction score
Incredible... If Romo threw Garrett under the bus, then he'd be ripped for being a locker room cancer, or LeBron-like. He puts his nose down, does his job, and talks positively in the media (*gasp*), and he gets ripped for being comfortable with losing.

Can't win.

Reaction score
No idiot. He has the ear of the owner. He could've done everything behind closed doors with Jerry to force the issue. But he's a loser so he didn't.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
To blame Romo for literally anything with this team's current losing state is ridiculous, and I would say even laughable.

Reaction score
If Romo wanted Garrett gone, Garrett would be gone.

So fuck off all of you who are still in his corner.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL LOL LOL

Incredible dream land you must live in!

OK, you could make thousands, maybe millions by taking whatever you have and investing it in Vegas now with this advice.

Don't cry to me at the end of September!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Incredible... If Romo threw Garrett under the bus, then he'd be ripped for being a locker room cancer, or LeBron-like. He puts his nose down, does his job, and talks positively in the media (*gasp*), and he gets ripped for being comfortable with losing.

Can't win.

There's absolutely nothing wrong at all with taking the high road publicly. Aikman pretty much did the same thing. In fact Aikman was the one who played ultimate teammate peacemaker in 1994 after Switzer was hired to replace Jimmy. He knew how Switzer was, and yet he still said all the right things publicly and tried to get his teammates to give Switzer a fair shake.

Once it had totally sunk though Aikman went to Jones and said enough was enough (after 97 season) and Switzer got canned. Troy didn't play it out publicly or in the media (even though almost everyone knew of his disdain of how Switzer was running things) and Romo doesn't have to either. But behind the scenes if Romo believes Garrett is a shitty coach and the reason the team is mediocre, he should be expressing that concern to the Jones.

Either Romo doesn't care THAT much about winning, or he truly believes Garrett is a good enough coach. It's one or the other.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK, you could make thousands, maybe millions by taking whatever you have and investing it in Vegas now with this advice.

Don't cry to me at the end of September!
You're too much! Can't stop laughing

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only in the retardo-bizzarro world of a CZer can they rationalize that not drafting a player we never had an opportunity to select is pure stupidity and more proof of how bad the team is run.

Top Bottom