yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Parcels hangs around I feel extremely confident that 07 play off game with Midgets has a different outcome. The Tuna had enough of Jerry's money and delusions after four years and headed for the hills. BTW that coaching job he did to get the 03 team might have been one of his best.

me too [& I think the game (& season) in 94 vs the 49ers would have been different under Jimmy].

I liked Parcells but a lot of people think he sucked and I dont get that, he made mistakes to be sure but there is something about the way he coaches that develops players, our two most notable players were developed under him and still playing. Look at how many d-linemen were drafted (in all rounds) and developed under him and played in the league for close to 10 years each (Canty, Ratliff, Ware, Hatcher, Bowen, Spears--perhaps Ive over or under stated this list so correct me if its wrong plz)

I cant remember where I read it but someone said that Parcells used to talk shit about jeri at ESPN constantly. I don't know how anyone would know that but if its true, I would LOVE to get the real story from Parcells.

Ive heard Parcells quoted as saying something like "give it a year and you'll never know I was there" but I've never found a reliable source for that quote.

Reaction score
me too [& I think the game (& season) in 94 vs the 49ers would have been different under Jimmy].

I liked Parcells but a lot of people think he sucked and I dont get that, he made mistakes to be sure but there is something about the way he coaches that develops players, our two most notable players were developed under him and still playing. Look at how many d-linemen were drafted (in all rounds) and developed under him and played in the league for close to 10 years each (Canty, Ratliff, Ware, Hatcher, Bowen, Spears--perhaps Ive over or under stated this list so correct me if its wrong plz)

I cant remember where I read it but someone said that Parcells used to talk shit about jeri at ESPN constantly. I don't know how anyone would know that but if its true, I would LOVE to get the real story from Parcells.

Ive heard Parcells quoted as saying something like "give it a year and you'll never know I was there" but I've never found a reliable source for that quote.

Maybe we have just been spoiled by coaches who oversee all aspects of the team. Landry, Jimmy and Parcells managed all aspects of the teams including all aspects of the personnel and scheme of the offense, defense and special teams. To hear Parcells yell at Skyler Green for not planting his feet before practicing a punt return or making sure that Testaverde and Romo were both doing their squats or monitoring the weight of Roy Williams (biscuit shy of a linebacker) or Terrance Copper ("If we keep him around 200 he's fine") shows how personally Parcells was involved. Landry, Jimmy and Parcells would not just give press releases and benign reports on their players, they had specific details about how they were personally accountable for improving the player. Campo, Wade and Garrett all fall in the same category of being specialized on one aspect of a team but vulnerably ignorant to the cogs of the other parts of the team.

Can't think of a current Super Bowl HC, with exception to Mike McCarthy, who remains specialized on one phase and doesn't appear to be involved in the whole picture and all three phases. McCarthy can manage games though.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One of my favorite free agent targets....

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Parcels hangs around I feel extremely confident that 07 play off game with Midgets has a different outcome. The Tuna had enough of Jerry's money and delusions after four years and headed for the hills. BTW that coaching job he did to get the 03 team might have been one of his best.

That's what Parcells has always done. Be at one place for about 3-5 years and then leave, no matter how successful the team was.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Carson Wentz suffered a fractured rib against the Bucs

Oh darn

Reaction score
Gonna be driving tonight so won't see the game. You guys keep me up to date. Looking forward to reading everyone except for dbair and onlyonenow's opinion.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's the highlights

Zeke doesn't play
Dez doesn't play
Romo doesn't play
Witten doesn't play

Dak goes 6-18 with 2 INT, no TD

Showers fairs better with 12-24, no TD

Bailey kicks 3 FG

Our pass rush looks as shitty as expected

But somehow we win the meaningless game 9-6

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes
Rams

But....
Romo
Elliott
Witten
T smith
Dez

Are all out

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The very first play to welcome the Rams back home to the Coliseum is a kick return 101 yards for a TD BY Lucky whitehead!

Lmao

Welcome back bitches

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wish there was a way we could have drafted Michael Thomas. He's apparently killing it in Saints camp.

Reaction score
That's a lot of money for a center. Don't see how we'll be able to keep the line together once Martin and Collins are up.

Top Bottom