ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the Tyron holdout. It's like we're stealing from the guy. I get giving a little team friendly deal, but he completely screwed himself. I actually feel bad for the guy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just heard the Alfred Morris interview with Norm. What a great dude. He's about the nicest, most pleasant, most positive guy you'd ever meet.

Don't anyone invite him here. He's definitely not one of us.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the Tyron holdout. It's like we're stealing from the guy. I get giving a little team friendly deal, but he completely screwed himself. I actually feel bad for the guy.

I really don't see that happening at all. Tyron doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. He seems to be cut from a similar cloth as Dirk. Obviously you want to get compensated fairly but money is t everything. Also it's not like he's being paid vet min. He got long term security. Based on how
He grew up and his money grubbing family I think the long term security is more important to him than an immediate huge payday. That's just my opinion.

The bigger question is what to do with Collins? Zach will get locked up next off season. After that they will have to make a decision on Collins. Do they spend even more resources on the OL or do they look to trade him? I'm saying right now that I think Collins makes 1st or 2nd team All Pro this year. What could a 23 year old All Pro guard fetch in a trade?

Reaction score
Just heard the Alfred Morris interview with Norm. What a great dude. He's about the nicest, most pleasant, most positive guy you'd ever meet.

Don't anyone invite him here. He's definitely not one of us.

Yeah he's a good dude. Very humble. Want to say he still drives a busted up car from college.

Hope he fills a role here.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah he's a good dude. Very humble. Want to say he still drives a busted up car from college.

Hope he fills a role here.

It's a 1991 Mazda. They interviewed him on the Fan last week and mentioned that the car is 1 year older than his wife. Also mention that he has no plans to get rid of it. Says eventually his kids will drive it. Mazda actually rebuilt the car for him a couple years ago (free advertisement for them). Also mentioned he a complete home body when not playing ball.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dude, its not like he's playing for the league minimum or something.

He got ALOT of money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL.com's Bucky Brooks graded selected rookies (assuming key or standout guys) from each teams first preseason game.

Here's his write up on our guy:

DALLAS COWBOYS: Dak Prescott, quarterback. It's too early to anoint any quarterback a future star in the league, but Prescott definitely deserves props for his sensational performance against the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday. The fourth-round pick showed exceptional poise and composure directing the Cowboys' offense to 17 points on three scoring drives while completing 10 of 12 passes for 139 yards. Prescott not only delivered "dimes" to receivers on the perimeter (see: Terrance Williams' 32-yard touchdown), but he showed terrific anticipation, accuracy and ball placement on a pair of back-shoulder throws to Dez Bryant along the boundary. With Prescott also demonstrating outstanding passing skills on the move, the Cowboys' young QB showed team officials that he could be a solid option as a QB2 behind Tony Romo. GRADE: A+

Saints WR Mike Thomas was the only other NFC rookie he graded with an A (A-) A few AFC rookies got A grades but Prescott was the only A+

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Reaction score
Cowboys made their two roster moves official today. They placed OT Cameron Bradfield (knee) on IR and waived/injured DT Gerald Dixon (pec).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
•Defense had a different feel to it in practice this afternoon -- especially across the line. Cedric Thornton and Terrell McClain were back in a full-time role.Benson Mayowa and Maliek Collins also returned but on a limited bases. I did have a chance to see Mayowa get some work post-practice with the offensive line and there was no question about him getting off the ball. His explosive quickness is there, along with that ability to get low to the ground and turn the corner. I believe we will continue to see Benson Mayowa come along slowly but for that first time out it was impressive to see him rush.

Broaddus comments, so take it for what its worth

Reaction score
Broaddus comments, so take it for what its worth

I feel like we are all being punked with Benson. Just seems like once he is too small, weak, and slow to get to the QB we are going to be talking about "next year when he has a good offseason and adds strength" followed by the next year where he gets moved to the Kyle Wilbur role of Defensive LB/ Strongside Out End and then we get one of these gems from Mickey or Broaddus "he never panned out".

Well duh, he never should have been counted on to pan at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
David Helman just reported DL David Irving was injured in practice, helped off to training tent.

Top Bottom