dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess they are deciding tomorrow on Lawrence.

Tyron Smith was labeled a "game time" decision but he did get through most of the practices this week I think

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Time to face the facts that our pass-rush is going to suck all year long. Even when Lawrence is healthy, he's not a dynamic player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How does everyone think Martin fares against Geno Atkins on Sunday?

Martin has definitely been more like his rookie dominant self again this year.

I'd be surprised if he has any major problems, although Atkins is obviously a really good player too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Time to face the facts that our pass-rush is going to suck all year long. Even when Lawrence is healthy, he's not a dynamic player.

Yeah but he's a good player who had a pretty good 2nd half of last season. He's the best we got.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm most concerned about Andy Dalton AJ Green deep balls. I'm sure we are going to see one TD like that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
How does everyone think Martin fares against Geno Atkins on Sunday?

I think Martin dominates. I think the entire OL dominates. This will be the first game where the OL proves it's the best in the NFL without a doubt. They've been getting better every week. Leary looks like he might be an upgrade over Collins. Also Tyson is expected back. Plus even as good as they are, Zeke makes them look even better. I think we're watching the beginning of something special.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm most concerned about Andy Dalton AJ Green deep balls. I'm sure we are going to see one TD like that.

From everything I've read and heard the Bengals have the worst OL in the NFL (or close to it). They are also averaging only like 2.7 ypc. Hopefully our DL sucks less than their OL and they can commit more guys to playing deep. Green will likely catch a couple deep balls but if they can tackle and keep him from scoring they will have a good chance. I was hearing that the Bengals also have a bottom 5 offense in the red zone. They have a similar problem to the Cowboys last year with short yardage situations.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Martin dominates. I think the entire OL dominates. This will be the first game where the OL proves it's the best in the NFL without a doubt. They've been getting better every week. Leary looks like he might be an upgrade over Collins. Also Tyson is expected back. Plus even as good as they are, Zeke makes them look even better. I think we're watching the beginning of something special.

Our pass blocking is only 22nd ranked though

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know. He was a QB last year and he was so bad they moved him to safety. Then they moved him back to QB and a lot of reports said the coaches thought he was ahead of Dak. Then we realize he can't play QB and move him back to safety.

What in the hell are we doing?

But he's the "right kind of guy" and a good athlete

We can just make up some shit for him to do.

Maybe he has pictures of Jerry fucking a sheep or something and that's why we can never get rid of this guy

Reaction score
They've moved him all over, this isn't anything new.

Last year in preseason we even had him playing special teams in the preseason games. Then on the practice squad they had him at safety, WR, QB and various punt return positions.

I don't know why anyone is surprised about this. He isn't a legit QB prospect but he has size and athletic ability. I guess they like his work ethic and are just trying to find him a way to be a contributing football player.

There are a few theories I see here:

1. The Belichick mimic of Edelman, Troy Brown, Mike Vrabel where a good player can play multiple roles. Showers is not big, fast or clever. This theory would be like the 12 personnel mimic, the Romo is a pocket passer mimic and "we want to be aggressive at the end of games" mimic. All well below his capacity and football intelligence to make successful. Plus Garrett doesn't understand that mimicking is not simulating: true mimicking would be succeeding in accomplishment. He thinks he mimics Jimmy, Coach K, Pete Carroll, and Norv. It's like just senseless costumery.

2. The "make use of the back up". Sanchez may be the backup, but if they feel Showers is capable of DB and backup QB, maybe Sanchez is just a waste of a roster spot. If he can only play backup but Showers can supply two or more roles, then maybe they can find another pass rusher, oops, no they would get another tight end.

3. Just likes Showers. Like Kellen Moore or Matt Johnson or any of his summer campers.

Reaction score
Giants are gonna get smoked by Green Bay.

I bet the Lions beat the Eagles too. Eagles took their bye at the most inopportune time. I bet they've cooled off some and Wentz comes down to earth a little.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I bet the Lions beat the Eagles too. Eagles took their bye at the most inopportune time. I bet they've cooled off some and Wentz comes down to earth a little.

I dunno, an awful Bears team shoved the Lions all over the field and shut Stafford down.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Eagles will easily pass Lions. This division will all lose to GreenBay and that's sad. We are beating those Bengals that's all that matters. And we are beating Eagles.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

We need the Giants to win. I don't want to go into Lambeau with the Packers coming off a loss.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys play the Packers next week. I don't want the Cowboys to have to play the Packers (in Lambeau) with them coming off a loss to the Giants. The Giants are 2-2. I'm not as concerned about the Giants winning because I believe they will continue to find a way to suck the rest of the year. I don't want the Packers to play Dallas feeling like the game is a "must win". I'd rather they be a little over confident.

Top Bottom