MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Realistic expectations for the new adds:

Mayowa - 17.5 sacks, 47 TFL
Morris - 1618 yards, 24 TDs
Thornton - 9 sacks, 23 TFL, 3 TDs

Greg Jackson good for at least 2 wins as well

With all of the MMA they're going to learn from Greg Jackson I would think he'd be good for at least 4 wins.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Realistic expectations for the new adds:

Mayowa - 17.5 sacks, 47 TFL
Morris - 1618 yards, 24 TDs
Thornton - 9 sacks, 23 TFL, 3 TDs

Greg Jackson good for at least 2 wins as well

Are Thorntons TDs on offense or defense?

I can see Coach Red getting some really creative stuff put in for him on offense.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The draft is relative to the players in it. Not to other drafts.

If he's the best player in THIS draft, he's certainly worth the 4th pick overall.

BS. I(f the boys consider this a poor draft then they just might think that trading back is the best thing rather than overspend on a player by cap money. That is something way too many forget; if you think this is a poor draft at the top then spending cap money there is not a good idea.

If this was the 2009 Draft we would probably want to take several of these guys this high; but since that was one of the worst drafts in NFL history that makes a huge difference.

In Hindsight Jerruh's talk about looking for backups actually might have meant that they thought the draft was very poor and did not expect to get many starters out of it no matter what. So instead of packaging picks to go after one guy they tried for depth and failed.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
BS. I(f the boys consider this a poor draft then they just might think that trading back is the best thing rather than overspend on a player by cap money. That is something way too many forget; if you think this is a poor draft at the top then spending cap money there is not a good idea.

If this was the 2009 Draft we would probably want to take several of these guys this high; but since that was one of the worst drafts in NFL history that makes a huge difference.

In Hindsight Jerruh's talk about looking for backups actually might have meant that they thought the draft was very poor and did not expect to get many starters out of it no matter what. So instead of packaging picks to go after one guy they tried for depth and failed.

The infamous Special Teams draft. Too bad none of those guys drafted could play a lick of ST.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I will say one thing about Bosa. The technique, pass-rush moves and hand usage are on point with him. That's what guys like DLaw and Gregory struggled with early.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I will say one thing about Bosa. The technique, pass-rush moves and hand usage are on point with him. That's what guys like DLaw and Gregory struggled with early.

As much as I'm not big on Bosa I would be pretty happy if they walked away from the 1st round with both Bosa and Lynch.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
[video=youtube;jYlDDjLtPrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYlDDjLtPrI[/video]

Wouldn't be surprised if this guy is very much on our list.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein is thinking we pass on Bosa if he's there at 4. Saying he's hearing from people that we're not in love with him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein is thinking we pass on Bosa if he's there at 4. Saying he's hearing from people that we're not in love with him.

That's not a surprise. Bosa is a solid player but nowhere near the pass rusher Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, or even Julius Peppers was coming out of school. He's more of a Greg Ellis caliber player, solid but not great.

I'm starting to believe they are looking to trade back with the Rams at 15.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, he's pro-ready and ready to give you somewhere in the range of 6-8 sacks his rookie year but his ceiling is not that great.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I actually would like DeForest Buckner at 4 more than I'd like Bosa.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I actually would like DeForest Buckner at 4 more than I'd like Bosa.

Buckner is not worth a 4 either; but I would not throw a hammer through the TV screen if he was taken. Would not really do that even if they took Bosa. Just would be very disapointed.

Reaction score
Zierlein: Dallas Cowboys likely to pass on Joey Bosa

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 25, 2016 at 05:59 p.m.
Updated: March 25, 2016 at 07:11 p.m.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said the club's No. 4 overall draft pick doesn't have a quarterback's name on it, and apparently Joey Bosa's name won't be on it, either. The Ohio State defensive end is projected as a high first-round pick, but if he's not chosen in the top three picks, NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein expects the Cowboys to pass on him, as well.

"I don't believe the Dallas Cowboys will draft Joey Bosa," Zierlein said on The Pick Is In podcast. "I've heard that they're not in love with Joey Bosa. I don't think Joey Bosa is going to be a Cowboy."

Zierlein said it's his understanding that some other top prospects appeal more to Dallas for the No. 4 pick, while opinions in the Cowboys' building are more split on Bosa. The Cowboys coaching staff was in Columbus, Ohio, on Friday to conduct private workouts with some Buckeyes, and according to the Dallas Morning News, Bosa was among them. Zierlein's latest mock draft projects Dallas to take a different Buckeye, running back Ezekiel Elliott, at No. 4.

But options beyond quarterbacks and Ohio State's top two prospects are plenty.

"Myles Jack could be (a Cowboy). If you want to argue for Myles Jack, no problem. You want to argue for Ronnie Stanley and lock down both tackle spots? I'm fine with that. Jalen Ramsey falls, you go get him," Zierlein said, adding that Oregon defensive lineman DeForest Buckner could be a viable option for the Cowboys, as well.

Zierlein projects the Baltimore Ravens to take Bosa at No. 6 overall, as does analyst Bucky Brooks. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, picking No. 9 overall, have a draft need at defensive end as well.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's not a surprise. Bosa is a solid player but nowhere near the pass rusher Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, or even Julius Peppers was coming out of school. He's more of a Greg Ellis caliber player, solid but not great.

I'm starting to believe they are looking to trade back with the Rams at 15.

Yep. He's not worth the #4 pick, anymore Greg Ellis was worth the #8 pick. He's not a difference maker. Fact is... we can draft blue chip defensive players, but if the offense remains predictable and thus inept by going 3 and out with such regularity, we will still have the same problems.

Top Bottom