dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda surprised we haven't heard CMD chirping more about this guy.

[video=youtube;ZMdAkq2voTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMdAkq2voTU[/video]

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Good find. Drew Morgan is a good one too. Actually Arkansas had a ton of weapons this year between him, Henry, Collins and Dominique Reed.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kinda surprised we haven't heard CMD chirping more about this guy.

[video=youtube;ZMdAkq2voTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMdAkq2voTU[/video]

Su'a is a good kid. He has a nose for the ball, someone called him a bigger Honey Badger which I think is fair. Not sure about his long speed. I'm concerned he's either an undersized LB or a step-slow safety. Wanted to see him run at the Combine.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nope. Brandon Allen is not a good fit here. Ran out of the playaction too much in college. You know we don't run that in Dallas.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nope. Brandon Allen is not a good fit here. Ran out of the playaction too much in college. You know we don't run that in Dallas.

Yeah, want no part of him. There are so many day 3 QB's I can't stand...Prescott, Allen, Brisset, Kessler, Driskell, Coker, Daughty No, no, no.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Might be be the leanest looking 240lb RB I've ever seen. He's obviously not going to make those Sanders-esque stop on the dime/start full speed the other way cuts, but if he ends up in the right place Henry could do quite a bit of damage in the NFL. Definitely not a threat to eat himself out of the league like Lacy.

[video=youtube;JKh2NP_gSBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKh2NP_gSBI[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, want no part of him. There are so many day 3 QB's I can't stand...Prescott, Allen, Brisset, Kessler, Driskell, Coker, Daughty No, no, no.

I cant stand most of them either, but Allen isn't going to be a day three QB IMO. He'll get picked on Friday.

What don't you like about this guy?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
theres literally no one in this draft I'm really excited about.

So sick of this team right now.

Fuck you Jeery and Jason.

I miss how excited I used to get for the draft. I remember how excited I got for Roy Williams (31). Or how I rooted so heavily for Stephen Jackson to keep falling.

Man.....

Myles Jack | Draft Breakdown

I can't stop watching his games. In 3 years he'll be one of the best LBs in the league.

Honestly, I really don't think we can go wrong sitting with the 4 overall pick. All the prospects up there look good. But not gonna lie, I'm gonna be a little disappointed if we pass up on Jack.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
[video=youtube;pOKO9to_D9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOKO9to_D9M[/video]

If the Cowboys are going to go all out to fix the defense through the draft this is the guy I'd like them to get. I like Buckner much more than Bosa.

The last couple of mocks I've seen have Billings falling slightly for some reason. He'd be a perfect 1-tech.

They would NEVER do this but if the Cowboys really wanted to fix the defense they would trade down a couple picks and draft Buckner (or just draft him at 4), then if Billings were to fall to 34 draft him too. Those two guys alone would make the defense light years better. Then go get your RB in the 3rd (Alex Collins).

If they did this though they would need to go out in the FA market and sign the best backup QB they can find. I'm talking about someone like Brock Osweiler. None of this Colt McCoy or RGIII bullshit. When you think about it the two stud DT's would have a greater immediate impact than on the defense than Ezekial Elliott would have on the offense. I think I would be perfectly fine if they did that instead of drafting a QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If the Cowboys are going to go all out to fix the defense through the draft this is the guy I'd like them to get. I like Buckner much more than Bosa.

The last couple of mocks I've seen have Billings falling slightly for some reason. He'd be a perfect 1-tech.

They would NEVER do this but if the Cowboys really wanted to fix the defense they would trade down a couple picks and draft Buckner (or just draft him at 4), then if Billings were to fall to 34 draft him too. Those two guys alone would make the defense light years better. Then go get your RB in the 3rd (Alex Collins).

If they did this though they would need to go out in the FA market and sign the best backup QB they can find. I'm talking about someone like Brock Osweiler. None of this Colt McCoy or RGIII bullshit. When you think about it the two stud DT's would have a greater immediate impact than on the defense than Ezekial Elliott would have on the offense. I think I would be perfectly fine if they did that instead of drafting a QB.
Yep defense is the actual problem.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They've paid Crawford to be a starter, so he isn't going anywhere. If he had both arms last yr, dude probably would have had 10-12 sacks. He's shown he can be a really good player.

Looking at Buckner, I wonder if they might play him at LDE if they drafted him and move him inside next to Crawford on obvious passing downs. Buckner could be a pseudo Too Tall Jones at that spot. Not sure what his combine numbers were, but he looks lean enough to handle the LDE spot. With his height and lack of bulk, he might get overpowered some by NFL OL in the run game if he were to play DT all the time.

Love Billings and hope he falls to us at 34, though I doubt he would. Still, there should be some really quality 1t DT guys available for us not only in round two, probably round three and maybe round four as well.

Osweiler isn't signing here. I cant see Denver letting him go and even he were to leave, he will want starter money and the starting job from day one. He wont get that here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For those that care, a couple of the draft magazines are on newsstands now

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder if Ohio State TE Nick Vannet might be an option for us in 3rd/4th rd

Has excellent size, excelled as a blocker in their offense and showed in Mobile that has athletic ability and pass catching potential.

Witten is long in the tooth, I think Escobar is done here (probably will miss some, if not all the season rehabbing from Achilles injury). Swain is the epitome of a jag and Hanna is a jag free agent.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wonder if Ohio State TE Nick Vannet might be an option for us in 3rd/4th rd

Has excellent size, excelled as a blocker in their offense and showed in Mobile that has athletic ability and pass catching potential.

Witten is long in the tooth, I think Escobar is done here (probably will miss some, if not all the season rehabbing from Achilles injury). Swain is the epitome of a jag and Hanna is a jag free agent.

I think Swaim will do better this year but yea, they definitely need another TE. Don't they have like four 7th round picks? They will likely just draft one there. As long as Witten is still playing no other TE is going to have major success in Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Swaim will do better this year but yea, they definitely need another TE.

Yeah he was drafted because they thought he could block, but he couldn't block anyone. Did show a little athletic ability. Might be a decent 3rd TE but that's all I see him in.

Don't they have like four 7th round picks?

Its not official yet, but the various comp pick projections have shown us getting a 4th and three 6th rd picks. That'd give us our own picks in rounds 1-4, an extra 4th, no 5th, three 6th rd and one 7th (Raiders I believe)

They will likely just draft one there. As long as Witten is still playing no other TE is going to have major success in Dallas.

He's on the field too much now and really isn't much of a downfield threat at all. Really makes the offense more easy to defend because defenses don't worry about him threatening downfield any longer. They wasted Escobar here.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah he was drafted because they thought he could block, but he couldn't block anyone. Did show a little athletic ability. Might be a decent 3rd TE but that's all I see him in.

Its not official yet, but the various comp pick projections have shown us getting a 4th and three 6th rd picks. That'd give us our own picks in rounds 1-4, an extra 4th, no 5th, three 6th rd and one 7th (Raiders I believe)

He's on the field too much now and really isn't much of a downfield threat at all. Really makes the offense more easy to defend because defenses don't worry about him threatening downfield any longer. They wasted Escobar here.

I think the blame is equally spread between our staff and escobar. Both of them have failed.

Top Bottom