dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats to Navy by the way for upsetting Notre Dame.

The real Captain America is proud for sure.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Alabama can't be beat.
Probably not, but I'd like to see Ohio State give it a shot.

I haven't seen Michigan but they might be tough, too. Doubt they have enough raw talent, though.

Back to Bama, LSU could actually physically play with them but they have no QB. I'm amazed at how the SEC has so many teams with talent all over the field but absolutely putrid QB play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Michigan is going to beat Ohio State this year.

I think Harbaugh is a year or two ahead of where he even reasonably thought they'd be.

Don't sleep on Washington though.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how the SEC has so many teams with talent all over the field but absolutely putrid QB play.

I've thought the same thing for years, its stunning. Imagine if LSU had a QB to go along with Beckham and all those other great players they've sent to the NFL.

LSU & Texas and huge disappointments to me considering their recruiting ability

Reaction score
Interesting question :

CFB Playoff hypothetical. ALA, CLEM, OSU win out, they're in. UW loses to USC. Who gets the final spot? UW (Pac-12 champ), UM or Louisville?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
teams who lose late are almost always punished, so I'd say Michigan

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting question :

CFB Playoff hypothetical. ALA, CLEM, OSU win out, they're in. UW loses to USC. Who gets the final spot? UW (Pac-12 champ), UM or Louisville?

Ohio State wont be winning out. Michigan might though

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Say it every week, Darnold is nails and Adoree Jackson is a freak athlete. Jackson would be a nice piece to have in the secondary and on special teams.

Reaction score
Clemson lost. Washington lost. Michigan only up two with Iowa driving, three minutes remaining in the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
WTF? CMD's Trojan men pull off the upset of the yr on west coast and not a word.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
LSU gonna lose to Florida. :facepalm

Amazing how teams find ways to win shorthanded and backs to the wall when you have the right man calling the signals.

Props to Florida. Found a coach to to put that program on the tracks again and it will only get better from here on out.

Reaction score
Baylor focusing on several big names for head coaching position

By Bryan FischerNov 18, 2016, 5:00 PM EST

As Baylor’s season has progressed, it’s become increasingly clear that interim head coach Jim Grobe is unlikely to be retained by the school as they search for a long term replacement for dismissed coach Art Briles.

While the Bears still have three games and a bowl left to play, speculation is already starting to turn to what candidates the program will look at for their vacancy. According to a report from 247Sports and another one from CBS Sports, Baylor’s short list includes Houston’s Tom Herman, SMU’s Chad Morris and even ex-LSU coach Les Miles.

The inclusion of Herman makes plenty of sense considering he is the hottest name on the coaching carousel for just about every opening and is fresh off an upset win over No. 5 Louisville on Thursday night. Adding to the intrigue, Baylor’s new athletic director Mack Rhoades was actually the one who hired Herman from Ohio State to be the Cougars’ head coach.

Still, it seems like a bit of a long shot for Baylor to hire Herman given the still-unfolding sexual assault scandal that has rocked the school and the fact that his name has frequently been linked to bigger openings like LSU and other jobs such as Oregon and Texas. That’s why it’s no surprise to see Morris, who has done a great job turning around SMU and is superbly familiar with the state, and Miles on the list.

No matter where Baylor turns however, they figure to have one of the more interesting coaching searches in all of college football over the coming weeks and months.

Top Bottom