Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Shut the fuck up. Nelson's replaceable, Dez is not.

Might be a little harder then you think.

An underappreciated difference-maker from 2011 to 2013, Nelson finally gained league-wide recognition as a first-team All Pro after posting career highs in receptions (98) and yards (1,519) in 2014.

Nelson is a premier route-runner, an acrobatic boundary receiver, a dangerous deep threat and a clutch possession receiver, teaming with Randall Cobb as the NFL's most prolific duo last season.

Just how productive has Nelson been? Aaron Rodgers' passer rating on throws intended for his go-to receiver has been 150.2, 130.3, 111.6 and 128.2 over the past four seasons, per Pro Football Focus. Their chemistry is perhaps unparalleled in today's NFL.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Might be a little harder then you think.

An underappreciated difference-maker from 2011 to 2013, Nelson finally gained league-wide recognition as a first-team All Pro after posting career highs in receptions (98) and yards (1,519) in 2014.

Nelson is a premier route-runner, an acrobatic boundary receiver, a dangerous deep threat and a clutch possession receiver, teaming with Randall Cobb as the NFL's most prolific duo last season.

Just how productive has Nelson been? Aaron Rodgers' passer rating on throws intended for his go-to receiver has been 150.2, 130.3, 111.6 and 128.2 over the past four seasons, per Pro Football Focus. Their chemistry is perhaps unparalleled in today's NFL.

I've watched enough Packer football unfortunately to know better. Rodgers makes those WRs look better.

Reaction score
@SportsSturm: Weems is brutal. If he is anything more than a place-holder until Chaz Green mends there is a real weakness on this roster.

Reaction score
@DMN_George: Dallas Cowboys QB Brandon Weeden does have a concussion, owner Jerry Jones said. Safety Jeff Heath also evaluated for a concussion tonight.

So the only two to get injured are two guys I don't even want on the team. Noice!!!!

Reaction score
@SportsSturm: Showers stays if I am in charge (Im not).

Vaughn era over?

Flowers is inconsistent with the control of his fastball but he seems to be able to make plays everywhere. He is an upgrade on ST and knows how to get to the ball. Should keep him because he enhances almost all the positions he plays (except Romos).

Reaction score
I dunno, i’m ready to move on from all 3 of these backup quarterbacks. Weeden doesn’t seem to show improvement and Vaughn has regressed. Showers is just a camp body, dime a dozen type QBs. I think one of the main reasons the Cowboys have struggled in preseason is because of the quarterback play. It hasn’t been very good.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I've watched enough Packer football unfortunately to know better. Rodgers makes those WRs look better.

They'll miss Nelson,but young Adams should fill in nicely.With Rodgers pulling the trigger Adams could have a huge year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Nelson is a huge loss for them. He's no Dez ability-wise, but he just had such great rapport with Rodgers, and they can't replace that.

I thought going into the year that they were our main competition for the NFC crown, and this only helps our chances. A lot.

Reaction score
I had Nelson on my fantasy team last year. Guy was a beast. Dude always got open and made big plays. Underrated player.

Rodgers is a great QB, so he will make due without him, but they will be a little less explosive.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Steve Dennis, noted yellow-belly who was out at camp for a week doing a radio show: "Maybe it was just the week we were there, but when we were out at camp I saw a bunch of loosey-goosey lolligagging."

They're saying this game might have been the best thing that could happen to wake everyone up, players and coaches.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
homers loathe Dennis. Hos was particularly obsessed with him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Funny thing is, Dennis is like a team cheerleader now. He was working for the team doing some media stuff over the summer. Not sure sure if he still is, but he's incredibly positive every day. Which gives it a little more credibility when he says this.

I think Hostile got all mad at him when he had that TV show with Keith Brooking and called the team losers. :lol

And just to be clear, it may be 100% right to hold everyone out. Who knows, maybe we are avoiding serious injuries. But let's not act like this is a Lombardi or Landry camp.

Reaction score
how can anyone not loathe that balloon headed maroon

mostly idgaf about his opinions but just looking at him makes me want to hit him

one of those faces

Reaction score
Thing about Steve Dennis, is that he gets paid to make retarded comments.

*mods this will be positive, don’t read.

Fisher this past week said he had a tired team after the hard practices with the Cowboys. They showed it too, didn’t look good in their preseason game. I agree with Sturm, i don’t think the Cowboys care about the preseason. The hard work is being done in practice, not in the games. There are some aspects that need to be better like the general tackling, but i don’t think there is this big “wake up” call.

Top Bottom