cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
what position would mays play

Strong Safety...
Cover3.png

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If he plays strong safety, you are stuck with Wilcox and Heath at free. I don't think any of us want to see that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he plays strong safety, you are stuck with Wilcox and Heath at free. I don't think any of us want to see that.

We do that some now, although nowhere as much as Seattle. We've tried it with Wilcox back there (bad angles, poor decisions) and Church as the single high (too damn slow). We need a true free safety, as we have for years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Slow isn't his problem. He's probably faster than 90 percent of our roster.

Turning his hips and reading plays is his kryptonite.

He might (key word MIGHT) be sorta fast in a straight line, but he is 110% useless in coverage downfield and cant make a play on the football to save his life. Basically he's the same or worse than every safety on our roster

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's a box safety. I don't know how much damage he did when he was upset with Pete Carroll for not drafting him, but if a team used him the way Seattle uses Kam Chancellor, he might be decent. Seattle could use him now with Chancellor holding out.

LOL

Talk about massive homering and blind loyalist stuff there

Please don't mention Taylor "makes no plays" Mays and a Kam Chancellor type player EVER in the same sentence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Both guys are being counted on to contribute in a big way. McClain's true colors are starting to show. The only thing that situation tells me is that Garrett is not involved. It's all lip service......

The reports on McFadden the past few days have been pretty positive, He's supposedly looked really good.

McClain is an odd case but he brings it on game days and as CMD has pointed out, he plays with some real attitude. He made a difference when he was on the field and healthy last yr. Still though, am not 100% convinced he is here after his suspension is over.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why do you idiots keep repeating this? It’s like the human centipede. Eating and repeating each others shit. The first year Garret gave up his play calling they went 8-8.
It might be because folks like you don't seem to let it register that it's never happened before in the history of the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It might be because folks like you don't seem to let it register that it's never happened before in the history of the NFL.

The Fish owner forced Tony Sparano to give up running the Fins offense, in fact he went even further and made Sparano hire someone with a totally different offensive scheme.

I am reasonably sure there are other examples of coaches who gave up (either on their own or were forced) playcalling duties. Chan Gailey was fired because he wouldn't hire a true OC here, even though it was painfully obvious to everyone he was an idiot as a playcaller himself after two seasons as HC here. I also recall Jim Fassel once stripping playcalling duties from one Sean Payton DURING the season, and I believe the Giants went onto the Super Bowl after Fassel took over the offense. A little different.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CMD's manlove Taylor Mays cant play a lick, but another USC alum can. Leonard Williams having big night in this Jets Falcons game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Fish owner forced Tony Sparano to give up running the Fins offense, in fact he went even further and made Sparano hire someone with a totally different offensive scheme.

I am reasonably sure there are other examples of coaches who gave up (either on their own or were forced) playcalling duties. Chan Gailey was fired because he wouldn't hire a true OC here, even though it was painfully obvious to everyone he was an idiot as a playcaller himself after two seasons as HC here. I also recall Jim Fassel once stripping playcalling duties from one Sean Payton DURING the season, and I believe the Giants went onto the Super Bowl after Fassel took over the offense. A little different.
All of that is a little different.

In this case, Garrett was the Boy Genius offensive mind and OC, who was then promoted to HC and still called plays. THEN was stripped of the play calling duties, and unlike all of your examples, kept his HC job more than one season after that.

C'mon now. Your examples are actually a LOT different.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All of that is a little different.

In this case, Garrett was the Boy Genius offensive mind and OC, who was then promoted to HC and still called plays. THEN was stripped of the play calling duties, and unlike all of your examples, kept his HC job more than one season after that.

C'mon now. Your examples are actually a LOT different.

Ok Dooms, just keeping making outlandish statements that you clearly hadn't researched or had a clue about

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Widely reported last yr before we hired Linehan...supposedly Jerry didn't like the idea for whatever reason

Thx, I'm not sure how i missed that. I will say I don't have much faith in what is being reported about what happens behind closed doors at Valley Ranch, I think jerruh likes to obfuscate everything so he can claim credit when things go well.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
We do that some now, although nowhere as much as Seattle. We've tried it with Wilcox back there (bad angles, poor decisions) and Church as the single high (too damn slow). We need a true free safety, as we have for years.

Exactly, and Mays isn't the answer to that void.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CMD's manlove Taylor Mays cant play a lick, but another USC alum can. Leonard Williams having big night in this Jets Falcons game.

If Williams continues on this trajectory, will the Redskins forever hear about it on passing him up; like the Cowboys passed up on Moss?

Top Bottom