bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
8/8/2015

OXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said wide receiver Dez Bryant has a "little" hamstring strain after leaving Thursday's practice early and said the receiver is day to day.

proceeds to miss the rest of camp

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see refs in midseason form, blowing yet another instant replay decision with mind numbingly stupid wrong call

Jax RB never crosses plane of GL, then clearly fumbles the ball. Refs wrongly rule it a TD on field, then even more wrongly uphold call after instant replay.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see refs in midseason form, blowing yet another instant replay decision with mind numbingly stupid wrong call

Dbair's first rant of the season about the officials, y'all!

balloons_confetti_anim.gif
Confetti_canon.gif
congrats-5.gif~c200

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Right kind of guys who come to work everyday. Except the 32 players we are gonna rely on this year that we held out of practice because of hang nails.

The new Eagles' players that all have injury histories have been playing hard all preseason with no incident. Our players get a little boo boo, and aw... just sit out.

Last season may prove to be the worst fucking thing to have happened, because had we went 8-8 or worse... Garrett would have been gone, instead of getting extended.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dunno, Laz. Red is so entrenched in the Jerry family, he might be around if he had Campo's record.

Jerry knows a good loyal employee when he sees one.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dunno, Laz. Red is so entrenched in the Jerry family, he might be around if he had Campo's record.

Last year bought Garrett years of potential mediocrity. He's firmly entrenched after one good season in 4 attempts. I'm not liking what I'm seeing during the pre-season ut, at the very least, this season should tell us a lot about where this team is going.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Wade was a loyal employee too, and he got whacked during a season just one yr removed from their first playoff win in forever.

Dave Campo was a loyal employee but Jones eventually figured out he stunk as a HC and started courting Parcells before the season even ended in 2002.

I don't think it will happen, but if somehow this team pulled a 2010 I could see Garrett getting shitcanned. Maybe not during the season like Wade, but barring a season ending injury to Romo or just a slew of catastrophic injuries team-wide, there's just no excuse for this team to not be in the playoffs, and Jones even said so.

Reaction score
@evansilva: Joseph Randle is so good the #Cowboys deemed him worthy of 4 snaps in their 2 playoff games & he's now getting outplayed by Darren McFadden.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Uh, no. Wade isn't and never was in the Jones Family Portrait like Garrett. He was only hired because he would facilitate the Garrett storyline. Jerry eventually got what he wanted.

Campo was fired because attendance was stinking and Jerry needed his stadium. But he was hired back as DB coach and now as website scout. He's in, too, though not as deep as a Garrett.

And you can't really think Garrett would be fired for anything short of some off-field scandal. He wouldn't get fired this year for 3-13. They'd find other coaching scapegoats before they'd fire him one year into an expensive new contract. Like Dodger said, last year bought him years of employment. We're going to have a decade of Garrett on our sideline, which is nothing short of sickening.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm fine with him on the sideline for a decade as long as he wins and does what he is supposed to with quality rosters.

Last year was the best roster he'd had as a HC and we won the most games under his stay. This years roster appears quite a bit stronger. I could understand not going 12-4 again but if they fell to something like 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 without losing any key players (mainly Romo) that's just inexcusable. Jones has already said publicly he thinks the only thing that could derail the season is injuries, and to me that was a clear message to Garrett that he expects them to be good or else.

Reaction score
Should be cuts rolling in the next day or so. Roll them into this thread or start a new thread for ours and noteworthy cuts around the league?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Graziano: Giants not ready for primetime

The Giants don't look ready for the season after Saturday's loss to the Jets, especially the pass rush, so Tom Coughlin will likely play his starters in Thursday's preseason finale.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of that, what's the latest on JPP? How much is the hand limiting him? Haven't seen anything about that in a while.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought I heard he was going to be cleared to play for week one at least for a limited basis.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't realize until I looked just now that he hasn't even reported yet.

Giants do look like a train wreck. I'd heard a Giants reporter a couple of weeks ago saying their defense could be historically terrible, and with their OL injuries their O might not be good, either. We might have two bottom feeders in this division, although I won't totally count out the Giants just yet.

Top Bottom