dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's just preseason David. Or does that only apply to us?

Their defense looks good but if I was a fan of that team their offense would be worrisome to say the least. I know Iupati was out but their OL was horrendous.

Remember when everyone drooled over Johnathan Cooper? Getting close to time to use that "B" word on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Since we're on Card/Raiders. Amari Cooper showed glimpses of why he may be a big time star in the not too distant future. Beat Patrick Peterson on back to back plays at one point. Gonna be a good one.

Mario Edwards Jr (who a few of us liked a lot for us in the draft) had a pair of sacks. So did Kalil Mack.

Nice game by their defensive starters, Ken Norton and Del Rio look like they've got them primed for a good yr defensively

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Eh, I don't think you can tell anything about preseason anymore other than tiny glimpses of individual players vs other teams' starters. Preseason was never worth that much, but it took a big step backwards this year.

Reaction score
As much as I hate the giants, I have a hard time ever counting them out. But we should roll them week one though.

The year they beat the Pats withTyrees catch, the Giants O line was considered one of the worst early in the season. They fixed what they could and just took advantage of every opportunity. Can't discount any team or coach willing to coach that way. Jason approaches most games and series like he's going to have another chance later on in the game. During the first 2 years of 8-8, the only urgency and sudden offensive intensity happened 2:00 left in either half... and it was all Romo magical yard gains. Jerry pointed out how many yards Dallas gained during those years but they were scoreless big gains. Manning doesn't need a lot of time with a WCO and quick WRs and Coughlin is a strong field general.

Reaction score
@toddarcher: Interesting to see Geoff Swaim get some first team work over Gavin Escobar in 12 personnel package in 7v7 work

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
@toddarcher: With JJ Wilcox not practicing, Byron Jones is the starting free safety.

Just keep him there. Draft another CB next year --- not necessarily in the 1st. Going to need to anyway, with Carr being cut, and Claiborne up in the air.

Reaction score
@dpbrugler: Watching #Cowboys QB Dustin Vaughn this preseason reinforces my thoughts that Tony Romo's eventual successor is currently on a CFB roster.

Reaction score
Report: Texans trade TE Khari Lee to Bears

This, plus another team - I think the Saints or Detroit or something - recently traded away a TE.

Tells me one of two things.... teams don't see any value in Hanna, or our team values Hannah too much and won't give him up. Which seems odd to me considering we have Escobar, Swaim, and Witten, and cant seem to get them all on the field as is.

Top Bottom