sbk92

Reaction score
It would depend on who you are picking and how far you are moving. If someone falls into the 2nd round that you've graded as a first round talent and you are likely to be picking late in the first anyways I see no harm in pulling the trade.

That's true.

In a few cases, it may be okay. But in general I hate the idea.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd love to make the Melsy a keeper mock. Where you are assigned a team and stay with that team. Any future picks traded carry over to the next year. We would ignore the actual trades made in the NFL. You would truly control that team's roster.

The only problem with that is we need 32 real good people to do it. But it would be epic if done properly. We'd keep the rosters updated. We could even work out a formula for undrafted free agency. I don't know how we could handle veteran free agency though.

Reaction score
Sounds like we all agree that the Patriots shouldn't have won.

I think it's only fair to announce the 2nd place team the winner.

Who was the 2nd place team again?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I'd love to make the Melsy a keeper mock. Where you are assigned a team and stay with that team. Any future picks traded carry over to the next year. We would ignore the actual trades made in the NFL. You would truly control that team's roster.

The only problem with that is we need 32 real good people to do it. But it would be epic if done properly. We'd keep the rosters updated. We could even work out a formula for undrafted free agency. I don't know how we could handle veteran free agency though.

That would be cool.

I can't wait for the time down the road when we see how some of these guys fare in the real NFL.

We all know there are plenty of "can't miss blue chippers"asking people if they want a hot apple pie with their value meal.

And a like number of late round and undrafted gems.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I hate the theory of trading a future pick one round higher than the pick you are getting. I think it's shortsighted. Next year's 1st is a better pick than this year's 2nd. You will have better players to choose from. Why waiting a year makes a difference I'll never understand.

I've always thought it had allot to do with where your team is that year. If your a really good that only needs 1 or 2 pieces to make the Super Bowl I've always thought trading next years pick for a player this year is a really good idea. Say the Steelers or the Packers (so they can stay on top for another year), etc. However, a team like the Cowboys that has many needs I don't like the idea at all.

Reaction score
I've always thought it had allot to do with where your team is that year. If your a really good that only needs 1 or 2 pieces to make the Super Bowl I've always thought trading next years pick for a player this year is a really good idea. Say the Steelers or the Packers (so they can stay on top for another year), etc. However, a team like the Cowboys that has many needs I don't like the idea at all.

I disagree.

I think that move is born out of desperation.

If you're relying on a rookie first rounder to keep you at the top, you're likely not at the top to begin with.

sbk92

Reaction score

The reason the Steelers and Packers are good is they draft properly. They don't waste draft picks.

As soon as you get away from that, you start heading in the other direction.

Nobody will ever convince me a 2011 2nd round pick is equal to a 2012 1st.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

You're getting into some heavy shit there. I like the concept.

We could keep track of it easily, IMO. All we'd need is a copy of the newest Madden every year. Simulate after correcting all the rosters. Simulate the games. Epic.

I just came up with that, I haven't thought it over. It was a free style. I have to go now.

Reaction score
Fun thread watching all the girl fighting.

That said, props to SBK for running the show. I think he did a bang up job.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It has been announced that Michael Winicki is now the general manager of the Dallas Cowboys.

Let the pigeons loose.

sbk92

Reaction score
If we did a keeper mock, we wouldn't make this year the first year. I'm sure people would have approached it differently had they known they were stuck with that team.

It would be a huge project. How to handle veteran free agency would be the biggest hurdle.

Plus, you need to have 32 GMs.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I disagree.

I think that move is born out of desperation.

If you're relying on a rookie first rounder to keep you at the top, you're likely not at the top to begin with.

Of course, rookies NEVER make an impact on a good team. Devin McCourtney didn't make the pro bowl in his rookie season. Plenty of rookies could help teams "get over the hump".

Reaction score
I wouldn't do a keeper league. Too convoluted and confusing.

Besides, I'd like to run different teams.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not reading all 11 pages of this thread... but whoever gave me a 5 is a dumbass. And should be banned.

Top Bottom