bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Or someone thought they were playing with Monopoly money and didn't care about 2012 draft picks.

Well, to be real honest with you... wasn't he? Or are we all going to have the same team next year and lose any picks we traded away this year? That would be interesting wouldn't it?

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I 100% believe that these things run best with neutral commissioners.

Who in their right mind would want to run an online mock draft and not be able to participate in the draft themselves???

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He was a shark. He wanted me to trade down 15 places in the 2nd for a 5th round pick.

So your penalizing him because he suckered one GM and tried to sucker you too (and you didn't fall for it?):confused :WTF

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cherry-picking isn't going to win this for you. If I would've had time to grade drafts the Patriots wouldn't have won because they get a 1 for lack of reality.

Lack of reality in a MOCK DRAFT??? Geez, I bet not one pick in this mock falls the way it does in the actual draft...

Cythim

Reaction score
Well, to be real honest with you... wasn't he? Or are we all going to have the same team next year and lose any picks we traded away this year? That would be interesting wouldn't it?

It's like playing poker when there is no money on the line, some fools will bet it all because they have nothing to lose. To keep it interesting for all players involved you have to act as though everything matters. Carolina had the worst draft because they gave up a ton to reach for a CB.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I agree that he gave up allot, however, I don't think Brandon Harris was a reach pick at that point in the draft. He's climbing up many draft boards. His pick of Deunta Williams was outstanding and Pettis is a guy that allot of teams that took WR's before him will wish they took him instead. He's a hell of a lot better than that Jernigan hack the Redskins took before him. He gave up allot, but I still think he had a good draft.
Bobby Beatherd always traded away future first round picks for second rounders in the present draft, and he was considered one of the best GM's in quite some time for many, many years.

Cythim

Reaction score
A bunch of JAG's? Christ, the first four players he picked were all good solid players that will be in the league playing at a high level for many years.

Cameron Heyward is a decent pick but he is not a solid player, he could have had Cameron Jordan at #17. Sherrod was a solid pick and the only one in the bunch that I like. That opens him up to take Torrey Smith with #33 instead of Baldwin at #60. With #60 he should move up and take Danny Watkins instead of the JAG Moffitt; Hudson would've been a better pick at #74.

In just the first two rounds he could have had four players that get significant playing time instead of the one in Sherrod.

At #74 he can have Brooks Reed
#92 was a wasted pick on Jacquizz, he is talented but has huge durability issues. There is a lot better talent at RB that hasn't been picked at this point.

Cythim

Reaction score
I agree that he gave up allot, however, I don't think Brandon Harris was a reach pick at that point in the draft. He's climbing up many draft boards. His pick of Deunta Williams was outstanding and Pettis is a guy that allot of teams that took WR's before him will wish they took him instead. He's a hell of a lot better than that Jernigan hack the Redskins took before him. He gave up allot, but I still think he had a good draft.
Bobby Beatherd always traded away future first round picks for second rounders in the present draft, and he was considered one of the best GM's in quite some time for many, many years.

He gave up a first AND second... and not just a first, likely to be the first overall and the pick that lands a franchise QB. No GM would give that away on a reach for a CB.

Cythim

Reaction score
So your penalizing him because he suckered one GM and tried to sucker you too (and you didn't fall for it?):confused :WTF

I'm penalizing him for offering insanely lopsided trades while drafting poorly.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I was going to argue with you about Moffitt being a better selection than Watkins, however, I'm not really sure I can do that. I still think Moffitt will make an excellent interior lineman (hoping Dallas gets him actually to replace Gurode in the near future)

Cythim

Reaction score

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Oh yea, I can definitely see your point. Especially Carolina... who needs lots of help.

Too bad he didn't trade up and get Jake Locker huh username? Then they would be in the Super Bowl wouldn't they???

sbk92

Reaction score
Cherry-picking isn't going to win this for you. If I would've had time to grade drafts the Patriots wouldn't have won because they get a 1 for lack of reality.

They'd have still won. One vote doesn't shake things up that much.

sbk92

Reaction score
I hate the theory of trading a future pick one round higher than the pick you are getting. I think it's shortsighted. Next year's 1st is a better pick than this year's 2nd. You will have better players to choose from. Why waiting a year makes a difference I'll never understand.

Reaction score
As for who won, I cannot give the win to New England simply because of an idiotic trade. Perhaps there should be some kind of rule to help managers who do not know what they are doing save themselves from horrible trades.

Haters gonna hate. I thought you had a solid draft as I like both Cannon and Young, but I like my players better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd also like to point out (for the 2nd time in this thread) that Carolina proposed that trade to me. No negotiations. All I had to do is say yes. Lol

Cythim

Reaction score
I hate the theory of trading a future pick one round higher than the pick you are getting. I think it's shortsighted. Next year's 1st is a better pick than this year's 2nd. You will have better players to choose from. Why waiting a year makes a difference I'll never understand.

It would depend on who you are picking and how far you are moving. If someone falls into the 2nd round that you've graded as a first round talent and you are likely to be picking late in the first anyways I see no harm in pulling the trade.

Cythim

Reaction score
I'd also like to point out (for the 2nd time in this thread) that Carolina proposed that trade to me. No negotiations. All I had to do is say yes. Lol

Hate has nothing to do with it. I'm not going to grade a Monopoly trade as a good trade.

Top Bottom