superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh, so were talking "in terms of history" then? History of what? The world? Religion? Modern politics? I guess that's convenient for you. But since this is/was a discussion of US politics, and this country is only 200+ yrs old, I'd say that it wouldn't really have much bearing. But then again, why should that ever stop anybody that has to grasp at straws to make their point?

Religion has a bloody and reprehensible history. Good luck turning your nose up at other religions, like they're the bloodthirsty ones. The only thing that stops religion from being bloodthristy is when it gets marginalized, like Christianity today - where most people could give a fuck, they're just like "oh I'm Christian and got dirt rubbed on my head today." Give muslims some time, they'll get there.

Reaction score
I am a little sleep deprived today but i am trying to understand the arguments here. Are the Christians here saying that people of faith have no effect on politics? The examples provided from history prove that when a government uses religion to control people, bad things happen. Religion is a system of control. Governments love it.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Religion has a bloody and reprehensible history. Good luck turning your nose up at other religions, like they're the bloodthirsty ones. The only thing that stops religion from being bloodthristy is when it gets marginalized, like Christianity today - where most people could give a fuck, they're just like "oh I'm Christian and got dirt rubbed on my head today." Give muslims some time, they'll get there.

Where am I turning my nose up at other religions? You wouldn't be trying to twist things around and put words in my mouth, would you superhos? As far as muslims 'getting there', great. You think that will happen in our lifetimes? No? Well, I guess that wouldn't have any bearing on TODAY'S politics, either.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I am a little sleep deprived today but i am trying to understand the arguments here. Are the Christians here saying that people of faith have no effect on politics? The examples provided from history prove that when a government uses religion to control people, bad things happen. Religion is a system of control. Governments love it.

For the record, I don't like how Santorum or others try to force their religion into politics, either. Separation of Church and State, and all that jazz. I am a conservative, and I believe in God. But the two together are like oil and water. Both can be good on their own, but together don't work. I was only commenting on the over the top hyperbole being used.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where am I turning my nose up at other religions? You wouldn't be trying to twist things around and put words in my mouth, would you superhos? As far as muslims 'getting there', great. You think that will happen in our lifetimes? No? Well, I guess that wouldn't have any bearing on TODAY'S politics, either.

holy fucknozzle batman read the stupid thread before you post your retarded retorts. I guess it would be too much to expect you to understand what you're replying to before you replied?

Let's get past the only Christians believe that and move into Muslims believe this as well and are willing to kill you instead of just taking it up the tail pipe like Christians do. Do you understand in that little pea brain of yours that if this was most any other religion than Christianity or Those of Jewish faith that you wouldn't live out the rest of the day?

You may not believe in God, but you better thank him/her/it that Christians and Jews have turned into such pussys as to even allow you to form the sentence on the internet that that are idiots.

Reaction score
For the record, I don't like how Santorum or others try to force their religion into politics, either. Separation of Church and State, and all that jazz. I am a conservative, and I believe in God. But the two together are like oil and water. Both can be good on their own, but together don't work. I was only commenting on the over the top hyperbole being used.

The problem is a person’s faith changes their world view. Everything they do has to be based on their faith. The bible is where they are getting their moral values from. A book that has zero tolerance of other beliefs. It’s against homosexuality, science and degrades woman.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
holy fucknozzle batman read the stupid thread before you post your retarded retorts. I guess it would be too much to expect you to understand what you're replying to before you replied?

I wasn't replying to lons or the general direction of the thread. I was replying to you talking about 'a few years ago'. In fact, that is all I quoted. Nothing more.

But, hey. Continue to grasp at straws. Or hurl insults. It's what your kind does when they just have nothing. See? You're not the only one that can paint with a broad brush.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wasn't replying to lons or the general direction of the thread. I was replying to you talking about 'a few years ago'. In fact, that is all I quoted. Nothing more.

But, hey. Continue to grasp at straws. Or hurl insults. It's what your kind does when they just have nothing. See? You're not the only one that can paint with a broad brush.

Maybe if you had read what I was responding to you wouldn't have shot your mouth off pointlessly? I don't know, a gal can hope.

Reaction score

lol

Unlike the Koran, the Bible doesn't teach it's followers to kill the 'infidel'. The "Christians" in ancient times that killed in the name of their religion did so on the own accord, not because the Bible instructed them to. And being "marginalized" has nothing to do with it. If one strictly followed the commands of Christ then they definitely wouldn't be out killing and committing crimes. The problem today is that not enough do strictly follow.

Cythim

Reaction score
lol

Unlike the Koran, the Bible doesn't teach it's followers to kill the 'infidel'. The "Christians" in ancient times that killed in the name of their religion did so on the own accord, not because the Bible instructed them to. And being "marginalized" has nothing to do with it. If one strictly followed the commands of Christ then they definitely wouldn't be out killing and committing crimes. The problem today is that not enough do strictly follow.

Oh?

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Maybe if you had read what I was responding to you wouldn't have shot your mouth off pointlessly? I don't know, a gal can hope.

I read it, along with the whole thread. And again, was only commenting on your idiotic stance that Christians were doing these things 'a few years ago'. If you have to resort to hyperbole and shock, you really have no point to begin with.

Hyperbole. Shock. Insult. The backbone of the athiest argument.

Reaction score
The problem is a person’s faith changes their world view. Everything they do has to be based on their faith. The bible is where they are getting their moral values from. A book that has zero tolerance of other beliefs. It’s against homosexuality, science and degrades woman.

I guess it's better to follow SP's lead and get our values based on popular opinion polls.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol

I think the problem is that anyone thinks second and third hand contradictory accounts of what some dude said 2,000 years ago should have any bearing whatsoever on our society. Following that sort of outdated garbage is what marginalizes women, strips people of rights for being different and retards progress by resisting it where it conflicts with their outdated holy texts.

and lol @ the bible not teaching it's followers to kill the infidel. I guess the conquest of the Promised Land went smoothly as the Israelites politely asked the Canaanites to leave and they just rolled out. Oh I almost forgot...facepalm. But the NT is filled with all sorts of that crap too, only now the Christians can just sit back and chill and wait for God to kill all the unbelievers and then burn them eternally. See it's so much different than all those other hateful bigoted holy books, guys.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I read it, along with the whole thread. And again, was only commenting on your idiotic stance that Christians were doing these things 'a few years ago'. If you have to resort to hyperbole and shock, you really have no point to begin with.

Hyperbole. Shock. Insult. The backbone of the athiest argument.

I guess context is too much to ask someone who still believes in magic sky fairies to comprehend?

Reaction score
Oh?

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Old Testament law for Israel, BEFORE Christ.

We are talking here about Christians, ie Christ followers. Where in the New Testament does Christ command believers to kill others?

Cythim

Reaction score

We are talking here about Christians, ie Christ followers. Where in the New Testament does Christ command believers to kill others?

The Old Testament is still there with the 10 Commandments and all. You either follow it or you don't.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The funny thing is that you don't realize that progressive Muslims have the same bullshit apologetics that Christians have for their Holy Books more distasteful passages. Both sets of apologetics are equally stupid, and don't deal with the base issue that you are dealing with a book that was written by imbeciles and bigots.

Top Bottom