dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never said that. I voted for Obama. I won't vote for any of the retards the republicans are trying to put through. I'll likely write in Ron Paul or vote for Obama again.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We shall see. If Newt had a miracle and somehow got the nomination (and he wont) he'd absolutely humiliate Obama in any debates.

lmfao No!

Newt would get destroyed. He panders well to his base, but his smug "how dare you ask me about personal issues" game will not play well with the general public and Obama will murder him. Doesn't matter who the Republicans go with of the current candidates, they will get slaughtered, which is why people are wondering if they'll go with someone completely different.

Cythim

Reaction score
Ron Paul would be a good choice. I'd vote for him.

Ditto. A Ron Paul supporter asked me to go vote for him in the caucus next week but I cannot because I will not declare myself as a Republican.

Reaction score
Ditto. A Ron Paul supporter asked me to go vote for him in the caucus next week but I cannot because I will not declare myself as a Republican.

I won't be able to vote for him in my states primary either.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Muslims are as militant as Christians were a few years ago.
I've seen you say some stupid shit about religion before, but this one takes the cake. Yeah, Christians have fought wars over religion, nobody has denied it. And fringe individuals still do stupid shit today, hiding behind the excuse of religion. Muslims are fighting wars over religion still today. But to claim this is bad for even you. How many Christians have you heard of strapping bombs to their chest and killing random people? And a FEW years ago? Aww, you wouldn't be trying to use shock to try further your stupid point, would you? That's a classic hostile tactic. Props, amigo. The salem witch trials were what, a few hundred years ago? And the crusades? A few years ago? :lol

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
in terms of history, yeah, a few years ago Christians were running crusades and burning witches and basically imposing idiotic bible/sharia law anywhere they could manage.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh, so were talking "in terms of history" then? History of what? The world? Religion? Modern politics? I guess that's convenient for you. But since this is/was a discussion of US politics, and this country is only 200+ yrs old, I'd say that it wouldn't really have much bearing. But then again, why should that ever stop anybody that has to grasp at straws to make their point?

Cythim

Reaction score
Oh, so were talking "in terms of history" then? History of what? The world? Religion? Modern politics? I guess that's convenient for you. But since this is/was a discussion of US politics, and this country is only 200+ yrs old, I'd say that it wouldn't really have much bearing. But then again, why should that ever stop anybody that has to grasp at straws to make their point?

This has been about using religion as political ideology. SP is pointing out how terrible Christians have been in the past at using that ideology to commit murder, be it the Crusades, Inquisitions, or Witch Trials. The problem with Santorum is that he cannot support his stance with logic, he has to appeal to a higher power.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
This has been about using religion as political ideology. SP is pointing out how terrible Christians have been in the past at using that ideology to commit murder, be it the Crusades, Inquisitions, or Witch Trials. The problem with Santorum is that he cannot support his stance with logic, he has to appeal to a higher power.

So? What's your point? Even you say this has been a discussion about using religion as political ideology. TODAY. So seeing how Christianity was viewed nearly a thousand years ago has no bearing on politics TODAY.

Cythim

Reaction score
So? What's your point? Even you say this has been a discussion about using religion as political ideology. TODAY. So seeing how Christianity was viewed nearly a thousand years ago has no bearing on politics TODAY.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. It is no different today, the Klan was a Christian organization that terrorized in the name of God. That wacko family from Kansas protest funerals in the name of God. Dude in Norway that killed kids did it in the name of God. Ions said at least Christians let you live when that is not entirely true, Christians want to take away any freedoms that do not fit within their belief structure.

Reaction score
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. It is no different today, the Klan was a Christian organization that terrorized in the name of God. That wacko family from Kansas protest funerals in the name of God. Dude in Norway that killed kids did it in the name of God. Ions said at least Christians let you live when that is not entirely true, Christians want to take away any freedoms that do not fit within their belief structure.

You're using extreme examples of people who have claimed to be Christians. If you want to believe that the majority of Christians are wacko due to a few fringe groups who claim the name, then that's your problem.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You're using extreme examples of people who have claimed to be Christians. If you want to believe that the majority of Christians are wacko due to a few fringe groups who claim the name, then that's your problem.

Exactly.

Cythim

Reaction score

You don't have to believe in the actions, only the cause.

Top Bottom