Reaction score
I Corinthians 1:20-21
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Reaction score
This is golden.

Hey guys, we don't have the answers but we are still right and you are wrong.

Do you even think about what you are saying? I know you have blind faith in science even when it has no proof. You have blind faith that some time in the future it will keep testing and analyzing and eventually find an answer, and if not, then like SP, you'll just be content to believe that matter just always existed and then it just started to evolve and somehow just managed to develop into a myriad of complex organisms.

Takes as much faith to believe that as it would to believe in a God that atheists like to ridicule.

I base my thoughts and views on evidence and proof. There is a massive amount of proof for evolution. Look at the fossil record. A logical person can’t ignore it. I do see how complex life and the universe is. I understand the importance of having a perspective that all these things have taken a very, very long time to happen. Those that do not, settle for the quick and easy answer...“God did it!”.

As complex as the universe is, you would need a creator that is even more complex to create it. Yet this Being needed no creator and created everything instantly? Doesn’t seem logical. We do know from history that man has tried to explain science using god as the answer. Thankfully science has answered many questions. None of them needed a god to be present.

I believe science has a proven track record. It looks to find the best answer and is able to revise and correct itself. Religion has proven to do the opposite. Even with a mound of evidence against it, religion stubbornly stands firm using “faith” as its foundation. No proof needed. I say no thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As complex as the universe is, you would need a creator that is even more complex to create it. Yet this Being needed no creator and created everything instantly? Doesn’t seem logical. We do know from history that man has tried to explain science using god as the answer. Thankfully science has answered many questions. None of them needed a god to be present.

I believe science has a proven track record. It looks to find the best answer and is able to revise and correct itself. Religion has proven to do the opposite. Even with a mound of evidence against it, religion stubbornly stands firm using “faith” as its foundation. No proof needed. I say no thanks.

It also doesn't seem logical that matter just somehow always existed and then over time developed into complex organisms.
And we know from history that man has tried to explain the universe and life by subtracting God from the equation, but so far they can just test, examine and try to explain what they see but still have no proof or explanation to how it all started.

Science is basically just putting all of it's faith in man to figure out the how and why by stubbornly removing a creator from the equation. It's a futile endeavor but I'm sure many will still have blind faith they will finally find the answers.

Reaction score
It takes faith to believe that matter just always existed. Where did it come from? Science have factual evidence yet?

There are a number of theories. I don’t hold to any specific one. Matter could have existed in a different state that we know now. Science uses theories, example the theory of gravity. You are talking about an event that happened that nobody was there to observe. You have to use hypothesis and theories.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are a number of theories. I don’t hold to any specific one. Matter could have existed in a different state that we know now. Science uses theories, example the theory of gravity. You are talking about an event that happened that nobody was there to observe. You have to use hypothesis and theories.

That's right, there's no definitive answer and it just takes faith to believe that one of these theories is correct or that one day someone will find the answer. Bottomline is both sides have to rely on a certain amount of faith to believe what they do.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hate resorting to posting a link but i thought some of the answers were worth reading. Here you go: http://www.asktheatheists.com/questions/128-do-you-believe-matter-has-always-existed/

Thanks for the link. This is an intriguing topic and saw some interesting responses there.

One side obviously believes in God as creator and everything that science studies and discovers is only what God created / put in place. The other side though is adamant about trying to find answers in what they deem a logical way while refusing to involve a supernatural force. And I still stand by the assertion that both sides require a certain amount in faith/belief in an "unknown".

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It takes faith to believe that matter just always existed. Where did it come from? Science have factual evidence yet?

If they ever find a time when matter hasn't existed I'm sure they'll let you know. If you know of a time, and can prove that in that void there was God, I'm sure they'd love to hear your evidence. Until then, it's safe to assume matter has always existed.

Top Bottom