dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Could have, but it would not have. Jerry had made it clear that he was going to draft an ILB with the 2nd round pick. Forgot the player's name. This is the stupid shit we have to deal with. So many holes but let's draft an ILB with our 2nd rounder, when we already had Lee and Carter.

Yeah, that's what Jerry SAID, but you have no idea whether they'd have actually done it or not. That ILB (forget his name now) might have been the highest rated player on our board then, but I find it hard to believe they would have selected him with what we had on the roster.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry had made it clear that he was going to draft an ILB with the 2nd round pick. Forgot the player's name. This is the stupid shit we have to deal with. So many holes but let's draft an ILB with our 2nd rounder, when we already had Lee and Carter.

I think it was Bobby Wagner. That's Jerry's way of justifying his pick(s) to the masses who buy his shit hook, line and sinker. It makes the trade up for a CB more palatable because it gives people a point of reference by making them think we were better off with Claiborne because we already have Carter and Lee.

Jerry also lets us know who he was going to pick player "X" but that player went a few picks before ours (see Unger, Max). Of course, player "X" is a solid player and it makes the masses feel like Jerry knows what he's doing because he would have picked "X" had he been there. It's all Jerry's snake oil salesman BS.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what Jerry SAID, but you have no idea whether they'd have actually done it or not. That ILB (forget his name now) might have been the highest rated player on our board then, but I find it hard to believe they would have selected him with what we had on the roster.

You're forgetting that Carter couldn't get on the field and Lee couldn't stay there. They were both relatively unknown at the time and we needed LB'ers for the 3 - 4.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Undeer "normal" circumstances, I'd agree, but this IS Jerry we are talking about. You heard if from Jerry's mouth, and sadly, he'd be that stupid to do something like that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're forgetting that Carter couldn't get on the field and Lee couldn't stay there. They were both relatively unknown at the time and we needed LB'ers for the 3 - 4.

Thats a fair point, one whoch numerous dont consider.

Glad we didnt have to worry about it. Works out betetr for us.

Reaction score
I like cooper plenty but I can't figure out why he's ranked higher than Warmack by anyone.

Warmacks tape is so sexy. It's like out of a movie.

Cooper uses cut blocks and pulling it was a bit tricky IMO. Cut blocks aren't even legal

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like cooper plenty but I can't figure out why he's ranked higher than Warmack by anyone.

Warmacks tape is so sexy. It's like out of a movie.

Cooper uses cut blocks and pulling it was a bit tricky IMO. Cut blocks aren't even legal

Because Cooper can also play Center.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
seriously, has any team ever traded up into the 10-17 range for a guard?

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Because Cooper can also play Center.

Gil Brandt has said that Cooper could gain about twenty pounds without is slowing him down. If he could gain the weight, I would play him at guard. If not, I would play him at center. Some reports had his playing weight as low as 290lbs. He was at 311lbs for the combine, but I don't know if he could maintain that size during the season. I watched a couple of UNC games justnto see Cooper. He doesn't get that much movement at the LOS. I don't care about his ability to block at the second level if he can't block at the first.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I saw chris mortensen said this morning that dj fluker is the fastest rising player he is hearing in the draft right now. Serious draft meetings starting now for teams and he is the name that is rising.

I still think we take him over a guard, and it will come down to him or a DT if they are both there.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am listening to the break and Nick Eatman just said that his source who is as good as it gets on college football said austin is the best player in the draft and in college football last year.

so if you put that together with what mortensen said and there is a good chance of one of the guards being there for sure at 18.

also, what if austin is there at 18? If you dont take him the giants will at 19 i imagine.

ed cahill said romo doesnt have a good enough arm to throw it to him.....good god, cahill and rowan kavner are extremely annoying on these shows, its weird they are younger and have not watched enough or been around enough drafts yet to completely understand things.......they are always overly explaining simplistic things and I imagine it is because they are just learning them.

Reaction score
The difference between Parnell and fluker is not that big compared to bernadeu to Warmack.
Plus it seems like a lot if tackes in the league suck, it's a hard ass position blocking that speed in so much space. You could platoon at rt IMO if you then clip up at guard,

Remember romo begging for no holds On mic'd up? He can deal with 1 break down. Not 2-3 on every play + 3rd and long [no running game ] and penalties.

Reaction score
My brother and I were thinking tavon round 2 a few months ago lul. I hope Cleveland takes him if we face him well be slipping all over the field trying to get a hand on him

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Austin is a guy who if he's there at 18 we have to take him.

Athletes like Hester and Jackson and Harvin just change the game so much. A guy who can be a dynamic special teamer to the point where teams are scared of kicking to us...

The only problem is that Garrett has zero creativity in getting these guys the ball. Hey Dez is dynamic with the ball in his hands let's not throw a pass to him over 5 yards and run screens that everyone sees coming for the first 8 games.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ed cahill said romo doesnt have a good enough arm to throw it to him

His arm is obviously sufficient to win NFL games, but had he been the Ravens' QB last January, no way he hits Jones for that TD like Flacco did.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Austin is a guy who if he's there at 18 we have to take him.

Athletes like Hester and Jackson and Harvin just change the game so much. A guy who can be a dynamic special teamer to the point where teams are scared of kicking to us...

The only problem is that Garrett has zero creativity in getting these guys the ball. Hey Dez is dynamic with the ball in his hands let's not throw a pass to him over 5 yards and run screens that everyone sees coming for the first 8 games.

we have a punt returner. Harris is spectacular. He is set to breakout.

He hit a big one against philly in 11 when he finally got a shot, then they gave the job to dez this summer. He got the job back this year against atlanta and was great the rest of the way. Why he didnt have the job from game 1 I have no idea.

but if we take austin for punt returning shame on this organization, that would be a ridiculous reason. We are set at punt returner.

we need another wr though.

Reaction score
Greg cossell made some great points about what tayvon is. Basically just find ways to get him the ball 12 times a game and hell be worth whatever it took to get him. There's only a handful of these types around the league

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Greg cossell made some great points about what tayvon is. Basically just find ways to get him the ball 12 times a game and hell be worth whatever it took to get him. There's only a handful of these types around the league

that's basically what I was saying. if you can get a guy like that at 18 you take him. If you don't, get ready to watch him kick our ass probably in our division.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
you're right Harris is the shit.

but still....noone is scared of him.

that is not true, everyone punted away from him unless they had to when they were backed up. He made them pay repeatedly.

he setup final scoring drives against cleveland, new orleans.....setup the opening drive against atlanta, had the huge return against the skins to get us going down 21-10 with 6 minutes to go....He should have setup the game winning drive against pittsburgh we didnt get in range...and he had the huge momentum swing against philly.

he is going to be a feared man this year after all teams watch the tape of him. they were going away from him last year.

Top Bottom