dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones and Garrett decide they have to have one of these two guys to help fix the OL, and they KNOW on draft night neither will be available at 18. They have a deal in place to move up and get one of them (for this discussion, lets say its a 3rd next year and another pick next year)

Are you ok with it and will be happy, or be pissed and think we threw away pick/s?

Reaction score
The only team I think is a threat to take a G before us is the Rams at 16. So I'm hoping Austin or Patterson fall to them. Or one of the tackles.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Won't be neccessary. One of them will be there.

Hope so, but I really doubt it. Unfortunately I see several teams ahead of us who might take OL (Cards, Bills, Jets, Chargers, Rams) and of course you never know when somebody behind us might move up and take one as well (like Unger and Seattle a few years back)

Reaction score
Hope so, but I really doubt it. Unfortunately I see several teams ahead of us who might take OL (Cards, Bills, Jets, Chargers, Rams) and of course you never know when somebody behind us might move up and take one as well (like Unger and Seattle a few years back)

If that happens, then it's very likely a stud DT/DE falls to us.

Then we ought to be in good position for one of the quailty OL in the 2nd.... Warmack, Jones, Frederick, etc.

Considering the salary cap situation we've put ourself in, I don't think we can afford to lose picks trading up. In fact, I'd be fine with trading back and accumulating more picks.

Reaction score
that's a little rich but I think Warmack will be regarded as the best interior linemen in the league hands down

I heard the same about DeCastro last year. As much as I want to see a legit OG added to the line, I'm not giving up picks to get one when there are players at equally important position sitting at 18.

Reaction score
You didn't hear that from me. That's the difference.

Pull up the tape, Warmack obliterates sec athletes. Decastro simply blocked well

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Joeckel
Smith
Fisher
Jordan
Ansah
Milliner
Johnson
Warmack
Floyd
Cooper
Star
Mingo
Richardson
Rhodes
Jones
Austin
Trufant

In no such order...these are the 17 players taken before our pick

What do you do?

Vaccaro? Carradine? Fluker? Trade down?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Trade down most likely but...

I know you don't like him but I'd probabaly go Werner and protect ourselves from losing Spencer in a year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Joeckel
Smith
Fisher
Jordan
Ansah
Milliner
Johnson
Warmack
Floyd
Cooper
Star
Mingo
Richardson
Rhodes
Jones
Austin
Trufant

In no such order...these are the 17 players taken before our pick

What do you do?

Vaccaro? Carradine? Fluker? Trade down?

Trade down is the easy answer, but what if there's nobody to trade with? In that case, I pick Vacarro. Not a player I love and I'd hate to burn a 1st on a safety with so many I like in the 2nd, but he's BPA by far.

edit: I didn't notice Werner wasn't on the list. I would take him over Vacarro but nobody else.

Top Bottom