bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This draft is nothing like last years. Very weak at the top and no franchise QB's or other elite franchise altering players.

That's why its likely (IMO, and the opinion of others I've read) that this year will be a very heavy OL draft at the top.

Yep, a lean year for (first round) QBs, RBs, WRs and Safeties could end up biting us in the ass.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep, a lean year for (first round) QBs, RBs, WRs and Safeties could end up biting us in the ass.

Yet this draft is really strong overall on Safeties. There will be a run in the late 1st or early 2nd. Then probably another run late 2nd.

Good overall draft for WR's but again later in the draft.

Teams will get desperate and start snatching up QB's too.

These are some of the many reasons why trading down would be a good option.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Adam Schefter is saying there's a good chance Warmack slides on draft day. Specifically mentioned he very well may be available for dallas at 18

The guy from draft ace, supposedly the best mock drafter out, says there's a better than 50% chance Warmack is available for Dallas. Says cooper probably won't be around and says if Warmack gets past SD, he will be there for dallas.
I would rather have Warmack anyway, but I like power, physical football.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The Titans may also go OL in the first. I still believe Warmack, Cooper, Johnson or even Fluker will be there for us at 18 so we don't have to lose any picks to move up.

Plus, If any of those four weren't available I think we go DT. We still can get OL in the second but I'd prefer one at 18.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm warming up to CMD's man TJ McDonald. Read where he had a really solid proday workout. Obviously has experience playing for Kiffin. Could be a 3rd or 4th rd pick that ends up starting for us from day one.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm warming up to CMD's man TJ McDonald. Read where he had a really solid proday workout. Obviously has experience playing for Kiffin. Could be a 3rd or 4th rd pick that ends up starting for us from day one.

they did a piece on him on the blitz back in march, its probably on the cowboys multimedia page. He seemed like he would love to play for kiffin in Dallas.

diehard2294

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No ..let the draft come to us. I pray one of them falls to us but we need to be smart. We don't have many picks this year so we have to make them count

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Elam has a lot of upside. Elam is a fast, instinctive playmaker defending the pass in the deep part of the field. He also operates well near the line of scrimmage and is a physical run-defender. Nuff said.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The comparison between them has to do with the lack of impact at the position.

again, look how they are used...that clearly has something to do with it

what Vacarro did at Texas Elam was completely incapable of.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Elam has a lot of upside. Elam is a fast, instinctive playmaker defending the pass in the deep part of the field. He also operates well near the line of scrimmage and is a physical run-defender. Nuff said.

You're talking about Matt Elam; they're talking about Abe Elam (Matt's older brother).

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I have seen more blurbs the last couple of days saying that Dallas is really high on Cooper, but they may have to trade up to get him. I want the line upgraded as much as anybody, but a trade up to draft Cooper would make me quit this team. It is a stupid ideal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have seen more blurbs the last couple of days saying that Dallas is really high on Cooper, but they may have to trade up to get him. I want the line upgraded as much as anybody, but a trade up to draft Cooper would make me quit this team. It is a stupid ideal.

If the guys a 10 yr probowler you think its a stupid idea?

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
If the guys a 10 yr probowler you think its a stupid idea?

What if he's not? The trade up last year was foolish. The secondary and oline could have been upgraded. The only time I think a trade up is good is when a QB, pass rusher is the target. This team has too many holes and not enough resources to trade up every year. They are not one player away from being an elite team. With a couple of trade downs, the Cowboys could have walked away with three or four starters. Instead, they got one. It would he foolish to do it again. Stephen Jones has got the team in a salary cap hell, so there will be no quality free agents signed. Dallas only has six draft picks this year, so they can't afford to move up and waste more picks.

mdawg65

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The team needs just as much quantity as quality on the o-line.

Right now I would prefer to keep all of my draft picks.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mickey keeps dropping hints the team wants defensive line help more than offensive line. Said it again tonight on the blitz.

I wonder which players they have on the radar as realistic guys at 18.

Seems we could take one early and one later like Logan from lsu.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Mickey keeps dropping hints the team wants defensive line help more than offensive line. Said it again tonight on the blitz.

i guess this is where long range plans come into play. i do think they need to add a vet or two to the OL and just cut bait with free. how they manage the #'s is up to them.

but if we pick up (2) solid OT's that are out there now, then no, i don't think drafting the OL in the 1st is necessary.

but the OL has to be addressed.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What if he's not? The trade up last year was foolish. The secondary and oline could have been upgraded.

Could have, but it would not have. Jerry had made it clear that he was going to draft an ILB with the 2nd round pick. Forgot the player's name. This is the stupid shit we have to deal with. So many holes but let's draft an ILB with our 2nd rounder, when we already had Lee and Carter.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Could have, but it would not have. Jerry had made it clear that he was going to draft an ILB with the 2nd round pick. Forgot the player's name. This is the stupid shit we have to deal with. So many holes but let's draft an ILB with our 2nd rounder, when we already had Lee and Carter.

can you buy me some lottery tickets? i mean, you know what will happen and all...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

DL makes sense as does OL. Ratliff is probably done here after this season, Hatcher is in the last year of his contract, we don't have Spencer locked up long term and we have some young unproven guys behind them.

Top Bottom