Reaction score
It'll never happen. And the Saints appear to be turning things around anyways.

But if Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies, his best chance is to pair Romo with a real coach in the next year or two.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It'll never happen. And the Saints appear to be turning things around anyways.

But if Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies, his best chance is to pair Romo with a real coach in the next year or two.

Jerry will eventually fire Garrett, no question in my mind. The problem however is will it be soon enough to where it will make a difference, or will it be too little too late. Considering Jerry's history, I'm banking on the latter.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think Jerry would neuter him. Payton has skins on the wall, and Jerry would be desperate.

I wouldn't bet a nickel on that. jerri will never allow a coach to have a contract that would give that coach the kind of power and control he needs, any coach here will always have to work around some convoluted obstacle course jerri sets up.

He actually negotiated who would get credit with Parcels in the event they had success, WTF?!?!? That tells you where his priorities are.

I wish I had recorded it when I saw it but jerri was interviewed about Payton a few years ago and he scoffed at him and said he was a goofball.

jerri has no respect for the coaching position and cant stand anything that might take away the limelight he loves and craves

He's the problem until he's 6 feet under and then maybe hope can rise again cuz its dead imo, we need luck in abundance to overcome this jackass

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry will eventually fire Garrett, no question in my mind. The problem however is will it be soon enough to where it will make a difference, or will it be too little too late. Considering Jerry's history, I'm banking on the latter.

I bet you Garrett will finish his contract (not counting death or illness)

you're fucked if you think some new coaching savior is coming, never gonna happen as long as jerry is alive

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's the problem until he's 6 feet under and then maybe hope can rise again cuz its dead imo, we need luck in abundance to overcome this jackass

You see how well the Raiders are doing once Al Davis passed on.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I bet you Garrett will finish his contract (not counting death or illness)

you're fucked if you think some new coaching savior is coming, never gonna happen as long as jerry is alive

Stephen might be able to persuade Jerry.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You see how well the Raiders are doing once Al Davis passed on.

Stephen might be able to persuade Jerry.

when jerri joins Al, my hope for the best coaching will return

Im not convinced Stephen doesn't like Garret so we may not be off the hook if jerri bites it

At least he doesn't seem to be an attention whore like his dad, so perhaps that will bode well

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
when jerri joins Al, my hope for the best coaching will return

Im not convinced Stephen doesn't like Garret so we may not be off the hook if jerri bites it

At least he doesn't seem to be an attention whore like his dad, so perhaps that will bode well

Who knows. But you are right about Stephen. He's not the attention whore like Jerry.

As a Hail Mary, the only one that could get rid of Garrett would be Romo himself. If Romo went to Jerry over it, I can see it done. Jerry will listen to Romo. Problem is, that Romo is too much of a nice guy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who knows. But you are right about Stephen. He's not the attention whore like Jerry.

As a Hail Mary, the only one that could get rid of Garrett would be Romo himself. If Romo went to Jerry over it, I can see it done. Jerry will listen to Romo. Problem is, that Romo is too much of a nice guy.

I'd agree with that, I think Romo likes Garrett as well.

Maybe our best hope for Romo winning a Super Bowl is as Head Coach?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love the wishful thinking that poor Garrett can't win here because he's handicapped by Jerry and no one could do any better. What happened to that excuse for Campo or Gailey or Phillips? They were called weak-minded puppets.

And Garrett knew where the bodies are buried at Valley Ranch more than anyone. He only played here and coached here for years besides his deddy working for Jerry forever. Why did he take this job if he knew his greatness was going to be held back by Jerry controlling him?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love the wishful thinking that poor Garrett can't win here because he's handicapped by Jerry and no one could do any better. What happened to that excuse for Campo or Gailey or Phillips? They were called weak-minded puppets.

And Garrett knew where the bodies are buried at Valley Ranch more than anyone. He only played here and coached here for years besides his deddy working for Jerry forever. Why did he take this job if he knew his greatness was going to be held back by Jerry controlling him?

I don't know if you're referring to my posts with this comment but thats not what I'm saying.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Stop with the logic, it messes with the religion.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't know if you're referring to my posts with this comment but thats not what I'm saying.

Why yes I believe I was referring to your posts. Perhaps you can clarify?

And what is this about Jerry negotiating with Parcells about how gets credit if they win?

Reaction score

Watching the Denver game tonight made me so jealous of that franchise. Elway knew he maybe had 1-2 good years left of Peyton, so he canned Fox.

Elway will get a ton of credit if Denver goes on to win the Super Bowl, even though Kubiak would be the coach. Jerry is such a clown. He'll be mocked if he brings in a real coach since it's not just "any of 500" or whatever and he knows it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why yes I believe I was referring to your posts. Perhaps you can clarify?

And what is this about Jerry negotiating with Parcells about how gets credit if they win?

It appears that you and perhaps others are interpreting my position on Jones as a defense of Garrett, its not. My opinion is Jones is a HUGE obstacle to any coach winning a Super Bowl and sustaining long term success here. Not that Garrett would kick ass if jerri would only disappear.

Ive described the faults I believe Jones has ad nausium here as well as a few traits that Garrett has they may increase the chances of success while the Cowboys are hamstrung by jones as GM. I'm not trying to convince anyone or say I'm right, I'm merely spitballing about how I interpret things from the limited view from my couch. YMMV

The allocation of credit between jones/Parcels was discussed in Parcels book and discussed here last year in this thread

Here's the excerpt from the Book Parcells: A Football Life:

wYd3LH1.jpg

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thanks. Wow, I kind of remember that now. Wasn't that from a little excerpt in the NYT or something? Did anyone ever read that whole book? I might need to look for it used somewhere.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thanks. Wow, I kind of remember that now. Wasn't that from a little excerpt in the NYT or something? Did anyone ever read that whole book? I might need to look for it used somewhere.

I found that clip by searching google books, did a screen capture and uploaded it to Imgur.

I never bought the book but need to, I like personalities like Parcels.

Whats amazing is that this was hardly even discussed in the media, try to find this subject in a google search, nothing comes up (but that could be due to the fact I suck at searching)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Whats amazing is that this was hardly even discussed in the media, try to find this subject in a google search, nothing comes up (but that could be due to the fact I suck at searching)
Looks like you did a pretty good job of it on that though.

Parcells' contract details such as the credit for a SB win? Wasn't known at the time and by the time it came out, was really just ignored mostly. But I'd never heard of any such agreement being part of a contract for the HC. Maybe it's more common than we think?

Nah.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

lol, thats right

its so absurd, this is where the mans priorities are,...trying to control the uncontrollable

Perceptions determine who gets credit not the people receiving the credit. fairly or not, QBs and coaches will always be the recipients of too much or too little credit and right or wrong, thats the ways its always gonna be so its a futile exercise to try and change or influence. Just win and that shit takes care of itself, but its never that simple for the jerruh

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Parcells' contract details such as the credit for a SB win? Wasn't known at the time and by the time it came out, was really just ignored mostly. But I'd never heard of any such agreement being part of a contract for the HC. Maybe it's more common than we think?

Nah.
I remember Switzer made an offhanded comment just a few years ago to the effect that Jerry had some kind of clause in all his coaching contracts prohibiting them from saying anything too negative about him after they left, or from detailing too much about internal operations of the club... Something like that.

Top Bottom