Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But.... Jerruh aside, let's not be pretending the clueless dolt Garrett is ever going to be a successful HC, hell even if he replaced Belechick with that management team they have there. He's a assistant or coordinator, not a HC. And that's not really a knock, some people just are. Norv Turner is a good example. Dave Campo. Wade.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But.... Jerruh aside, let's not be pretending the clueless dolt Garrett is ever going to be a successful HC, hell even if he replaced Belechick with that management team they have there. He's a assistant or coordinator, not a HC. And that's not really a knock, some people just are. Norv Turner is a good example. Dave Campo. Wade.

He's not even a good coordinator.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally disagree with the people who say he just needed more experience. The cream of the crop -- and that's all the Dallas Freaking Cowboys should be interested in -- show their talents early. Even if they still have room to improve, they show great potential almost right away. Garrett has never shown anything outside maybe the 2007 offense, but even then, that was all Romo. He still took a top-5 offense from the year before and made it... A top 5 offense.

Now if you just want someone to make practice schedules and and give PCs and take orders and be a good employee, he'll always be good at that. But to actually add value above his peers as a coach? No.

Reaction score
lol, thats right

its so absurd, this is where the mans priorities are,...trying to control the uncontrollable

Perceptions determine who gets credit not the people receiving the credit. fairly or not, QBs and coaches will always be the recipients of too much or too little credit and right or wrong, thats the ways its always gonna be so its a futile exercise to try and change or influence. Just win and that shit takes care of itself, but its never that simple for the jerruh
If Parcells had won a Super Bowl here, his post-game presser would have included a statement that Jerry got 50.5% of the credit for the title.

As if anyone would believe that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Parcells had won a Super Bowl here, his post-game presser would have included a statement that Jerry got 50.5% of the credit for the title.

As if anyone would believe that.

I would have loved to have seen that happen because it would have been so absurd that it would be obvious to everyone it was concocted by jerri

its the strangest thing to me to want to grab credit for something you didn't do and to be so hungry for attention from strangers

all that money and success and this is what he's still clamoring for

Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen that happen because it would have been so absurd that it would be obvious to everyone it was concocted by jerri

its the strangest thing to me to want to grab credit for something you didn't do and to be so hungry for attention from strangers

all that money and success and this is what he's still clamoring for

It's cuz Jimmy pimp-slapped him into trauma on his way out the door, and then made it clear that Jerry just wrote the checks and stood around like a dumb hillbilly. There's no recovering from that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's cuz Jimmy pimp-slapped him into trauma on his way out the door, and then made it clear that Jerry just wrote the checks and stood around like a dumb hillbilly. There's no recovering from that.

true, I still love it when jimmy takes shots at jerri

I wish Parcels would publicly reveal the things I know he must have observed while he was here

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally disagree with the people who say he just needed more experience. The cream of the crop -- and that's all the Dallas Freaking Cowboys should be interested in -- show their talents early. Even if they still have room to improve, they show great potential almost right away. Garrett has never shown anything outside maybe the 2007 offense, but even then, that was all Romo. He still took a top-5 offense from the year before and made it... A top 5 offense.

Now if you just want someone to make practice schedules and and give PCs and take orders and be a good employee, he'll always be good at that. But to actually add value above his peers as a coach? No.

Sparano should be credited with that. He held Garrett's hand that year.

Reaction score
Sparano should be credited with that. He held Garrett's hand that year.

Exactly right.

And there was a documentary about the 2007 Giants - might've been the Americas Game series on NFL Network - where Giants defenders were talking about how when they beat us they knew they could win it all. They mentioned how impressed they were with our offense that year and how we had "zero tendencies" so it was so hard to gameplan against us.

Contrast that to how predictable our offense has been the past 8 years.

Reaction score
Yup. 2007 was all Sparano. He was a Parcells guy and he knew exactly how to use Romo. He didn't call a flawless offense but I find it interesting now how many people go out of their way to make excuses for Garrett's totally flawed offense and coaching.

The main litmus test is would your coach get an equivalent job with any other team? Not only would ginger not get a single HC interview, I find it hard to believe he'd even get OC offers. He'd be a QB coach at best in this league. Maybe OC at the college level.

Top Bottom