Reaction score
It's coming. Question is does the university actually empty their pockets to bring in a respected competent coach or go bargain bin shopping again and hope they strike gold.

It's sad that the football program has eroded into Vanderbilt east.

Who could we open the wallet for to lure to us? What big names are out there?

Petrino? Jon Gruden?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who could we open the wallet for to lure to us? What big names are out there?

Petrino? Jon Gruden?

The word down here is Petrino is going to be at Auburn next year.

Butch Davis will be a hot name again, although he has ties to Arkansas and their coach is almost assuredly going to be canned after the season.

Reaction score
I hate to hear it about Petrino, dbair. I hope it doesn't happen. He's a cancer. I'd rather he end up coaching outside of the conference.

Reaction score
Watched Mississippi State beat Kentucky (it wasn't as close as the final score).

Saw Florida beat LSU. Wasn't surprised. Florida is up and coming. LSU has taken a step back this year.

Now watching South Carolina at Georgia. I'm picking South Carolina. Either way, it should be yet another high quality SEC game.

To be completely honest, I enjoy watching the SEC more than the NFL.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
21-0 barely into the 2nd? ouch. Georgia looks like us.

Clowney is a beast. I hope we suck just to get a chance to draft him in the next couple of years.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Alex Okafor is a beast. Just caused a fumble at the WVU 1 yard line. Jackson Jeffcoat picked it up in the endzone.

Reaction score
21-0 barely into the 2nd? ouch. Georgia looks like us.

Clowney is a beast. I hope we suck just to get a chance to draft him in the next couple of years.

He is. And their other DE, Devin Taylor, is also quite good.

Ace Sanders is a game breaker. Maybe he's another Skyler Green in the NFL, but as a college player, Ace Sanders is outstanding.

Shaw is a fine SEC QB.

I don't know what kind of NFL career Lattimore will have, but he's a polished SEC RB. A real asset.

I really like South Carolina's chances of making the SEC title game.

Edit -- Holy crap. Hard to believe that Spurrier is 67 years old.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He is. And their other DE, Devin Taylor, is also quite good.

Ace Sanders is a game breaker. Maybe he's another Skyler Green in the NFL, but as a college player, Ace Sanders is outstanding.

Shaw is a fine SEC QB.

I don't know what kind of NFL career Lattimore will have, but he's a polished SEC RB. A real asset.

I really like South Carolina's chances of making the SEC title game.

For some reason I don't like Devin Taylor. Idk if he's injured or not but his motor appears to be half-running.

Reaction score
Taylor isn't having a great game tonight. But last week he played at least as well as Clooney did.

Clearly, though, Clooney is the star of the two.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ouch, Texas got lucky. Geno Smith had a guy wide open for a TD, hits him, but the guy trips.

Reaction score
Today, started with Alabama v. Missouri. This just in, Alabama is pretty good.

Now watching Florida at Vandy. Vanderbilt is surprisingly strong and athletic. They are playing Florida tough in the first half (Florida leads 8-7).

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LSU-South Carolina is pretty good. The Tx Tech-West Virginnie game was pretty good earlier if you like surprises.

Think LSU will beat Bammy this year?

Top Bottom