superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
iirc the only defense that could consistently contain vick back when he was doing his griffin thing was kiffin's.

Reaction score
Bro, we are bringing in the grandfather of the Cover 2. The most basic fucking play in all of football. Every team runs the cover 2, but fuck we need the originator. This is going to be one long offseason. I need another past time obsession.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
iirc the only defense that could consistently contain vick back when he was doing his griffin thing was kiffin's.

The college option scheme like the Redskins run obliterated Kiffin's defenses in the past.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
any chance we can reanimate the corpse of Jim Johnson?

Remember when their insane defenses won the shitty NFC every year and their pressure defense's main problem was that they had no legitimate pass rushers (overpaid a dead Jevon Kearse to come play for them) but killed everyone anyway?

Innovation.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What a horrible move this would be. You thought the Redskin option offense hurt us this year, imagine it against a Kiffin defense. Holy fuck we will be screaming for Ryan to come back.

wow. I dont have thoughts on kiffin one way or the other

but have you ever watched football before?

monte kiffin's defense is the only one that shut down a young vick in atlanta repeatedly. Everyone was trying to copy and figure out how he was doing it. that was part of the huge influx of the damn tampa 2 spreading to stop running qbs like vick and mcnabb.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hate Norvs' face. I can't eat when I watch games for now on.

Will kiffin be able to use a hoveround on the sideline?

I'm in favor of Norv, anything has to be better than fire crotch calling plays.

Kiffin? I doubt he's a candidate, but could the defense be worse?

Im just scared to death that Norv is your interim HC next year at some point, then we'll get 3 years of him getting his turn.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
pretty sure he beat mcnabb to go to the super bowl too...sure did

had a hard time beating philly but that was on the offense, but he did shut them down at the last game ever at the vet.

not the option offense, but a running qb in a west coast system. which is what most of todays league is.

and it doesnt matter what kiffin did to me at usc. Teaching a scheme to younger kids is not the same as it is in the nfl.

think alabama gave a shit that nick saban couldnt get results with the dolphins?

kiffin is a pro coach. will he be a good one here if he comes, I have no idea.

my thought on the option in general is this, just like the wildcat and the 5 wide spread the coordinators around this league will spend the offseason finding ways on defense to scheme it to stop it. I bet by late october the handful of teams that do this will get slowed down and forced to be more traditional.

i imagine griffin, wilson become better passers and learn the defenses around the league more this offseason anyway and become more pro style.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys eye Monte Kiffin

Updated: January 10, 2013, 2:52 PM ET
By Ed Werder | ESPN

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett have focused their search for a defensive coordinator on longtime NFL assistant Monte Kiffin, according to team and league sources.

It is unknown whether the 72-year-old Kiffin has been offered the job, but he has emerged as the leading candidate from a list that also includes Ray Horton, a former Cowboys player and current Cardinals defensive coordinator who has interviewed for several head-coaching positions recently.

If Kiffin is hired, the Cowboys would be switching from a 3-4 defensive front to a 4-3, forcing pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware to play defensive end, with his hand on the ground for the first time in his career.

Kiffin resigned as defensive coordinator at USC, where his son Lane is the head coach, and expressed his desire to return to the NFL.

Jones, Garrett and Kiffin could not be reached for comment.

Andy Reid was interested in appointing Kiffin to be his defensive coordinator when he took over the Kansas City Chiefs but Kiffin was not interested in that opportunity.

Kiffin has been an NFL defensive coach for 26 years, half of those with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he helped the franchise win its only Super Bowl after Jon Gruden replaced Tony Dungy.

Garrett was a backup quarterback with the Bucs in 2004 when Kiffin was the defensive coordinator.

Kiffin is creator of the Tampa 2 defense and is the mastermind of one of the most successful defenses in league history. The Bucs ranked in the top 10 in fewest yards and points allowed 10 times, a league record.

The Cowboys fired Rob Ryan on Tuesday after two seasons as defensive coordinator.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
its been like gruden horton kiffin norv i mean we're just hiring everyone.

noone knows. Someone text me when its over im sick of reading this stuff.

Top Bottom