NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I mean, that's how he GOT his job too, right?

But cutting bait with Alexander isn't scapegoating by any means. He's being blamed for his failures with the OL which are many, not for the overall failure of the team. As I said earlier, I seriously doubt they believe they have a coaching problem starting from the top. They are unable to diagnose their own, chronic problem. But a flat tire is so blatantly obvious, even a 8 year old kid recognizes it. The kid might not know anything about cars, might not know that the burning of oil, the rod knocking, the tranny grinding, the clutch slipping, the brakes not grabbing, are all far more serious issues. But he does recognize when a flat tire gotta go. This is what we have in Dallas. They changed a flat tire but the car is still a rolling piece of junk.

That list of problems for the car keeps growing. By any chance is it a red car? Is the rod knock more of a clapping sound?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind Garrett would gleefully throw anybody or everybody under the bus to keep his job.
Here's hoping he doesn't get that option.

Exactly. And thats why some of us here see Alexander as some sort of scapegoat - it becuz of Garrett's track record. Any other team or HC and he wouldnt be a scapegoat in this situation.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know that how exactly?

i dont think spending a 1st on cooper is wise considering the DAL qb position for the present and the future. and the entire passing offense is dysfunctional. theyre trying to recapture lightning in a bottle and its desperate .

what will cooper do for the offense? WRs have been getting open but not thrown to. cooper cant throw himself the ball

golden tate is a really good weapon vs the cowboys in particular, who the eagles play 2 more times in a very competitive and tight division

the eagles have a qb who can throw to him

the eagles have a coach who can scheme him open

and the eagles only spent a 3rd

cooper may be the better player, or have more upside. but if you freeze these trades right now, the eagles are helping themselves more than DAL did and they spent less doing it

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I mean, that's how he GOT his job too, right?

But cutting bait with Alexander isn't scapegoating by any means. He's being blamed for his failures with the OL which are many, not for the overall failure of the team. As I said earlier, I seriously doubt they believe they have a coaching problem starting from the top. They are unable to diagnose their own, chronic problem. But a flat tire is so blatantly obvious, even a 8 year old kid recognizes it. The kid might not know anything about cars, might not know that the burning of oil, the rod knocking, the tranny grinding, the clutch slipping, the brakes not grabbing, are all far more serious issues. But he does recognize when a flat tire gotta go. This is what we have in Dallas. They changed a flat tire but the car is still a rolling piece of junk.

I concur. My only point was he's a backstabbing prick.
Hell, I'd even add they think their Pinto became an Indy 500 winner because they replaced the radiator cap.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hell, I'd even add they think their Pinto became an Indy 500 winner because they replaced the radiator cap.
They actually do believe they have a race car when it's actually the Mirthmobile from Wayne's World.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
with scapegoat firmly in place, jason garrett's feeligns about the remainder of the season :

giphy.gif

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
pairing him w dj swearinger -_-

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind Garrett would gleefully throw anybody or everybody under the bus to keep his job.
Here's hoping he doesn't get that option.

I think he's definitely toast now if we don't at least get to the playoffs.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
finally, a clinton back in DC

ha ha clinton-dix must be a bat signal for monica lewinsky .... you think ?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. And thats why some of us here see Alexander as some sort of scapegoat - it becuz of Garrett's track record. Any other team or HC and he wouldnt be a scapegoat in this situation.

As lousy as Garrett is, the OL was good until THIS year for the past several seasons.

The OL got worse after Alexander took over. There's too much talent and too many resources committed to that group to be THIS mediocre. Elliott has one of the highest rates of times stuffed for zero/lost yds in the league. They've been average at best (and mediocre too much) in terms of pass protection. The OL was physically dominated in losses at Carolina, Seattle, Houston and Washington.

Garrett should have been fired years ago, but Alexander earned this firing 100% as well. If they wanted to simply make him a "scapegoat" they'd have waited till after the season to run him off.

I seriously doubt Garrett decided to fire Alexander on his own. By almost all media accounts Alexander was 100% a Garrett hire in the first place. Writing is on the wall for Redstooge.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
As lousy as Garrett is, the OL was good until THIS year for the past several seasons.

The OL got worse after Alexander took over. There's too much talent and too many resources committed to that group to be THIS mediocre. Elliott has one of the highest rates of times stuffed for zero/lost yds in the league. They've been average at best (and mediocre too much) in terms of pass protection. The OL was physically dominated in losses at Carolina, Seattle, Houston and Washington.

Garrett should have been fired years ago, but Alexander earned this firing 100% as well. If they wanted to simply make him a "scapegoat" they'd have waited till after the season to run him off.

I seriously doubt Garrett decided to fire Alexander on his own. By almost all media accounts Alexander was 100% a Garrett hire in the first place. Writing is on the wall for Redstooge.

I dont think u said anything I disagree with except that I think Alexander as bad as he was still serves as a type of scapegoat for Garrett because Garrett is never at fault. Its always somebody else.

Top Bottom