Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Except he deserves to be shitcanned.

Losing Fred was a huge blow, but you still had 4 legit 1st rd talents on the OL and as a group they've played like shit. The run blocking and pass blocking have been a debacle.

He HAD to go.

Yeah he's not a scapegoat, he legitimately sucked. Huge difference.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
see ya

jtz6T37.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only over in that dumpster fire of Idiot Zone could people actually COMPLAIN about Paul Alexander being fired.

JFC we have the most stupid fucking fan base ever.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dont even think jerry can spell discipline

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
they all deserve it so that levels the playing field therefore, yes he is a scapegoat

Among them all he's the worst offender. Blatantly worse.

He's not a scapegoat.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
they all deserve it so that levels the playing field therefore, yes he is a scapegoat

Yes others clearly deserve it.

No, that doesn't mean Alexander is a scapegoat. He deserved to get shitcanned.

The fact that it happened so soon is probably notice to everyone else (incl the HC) that other heads may indeed roll. They've never axed someone this quickly that I can recall in recent history, especially under Redtard. I'm sure he didn't decide to fire Alexander on his own either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i dont even think jerry can spell discipline

but but...he was going to be completely different because he was going to play for Belichick

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Probably should have made Columbo OL coach to begin with, he's a nasty SOB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Among them all he's the worst offender. Blatantly worse.

He's not a scapegoat.

Agree 100%

Dude couldn't even leave something great alone and get the status quo, he was so bad that even all-world guys like Martin and Smith regressed under his watch.

I really believe several of the OL went to Garrett and Linehan and said Alexander had to go. You could just read it in their expressions during games, they had zero faith in what this guy was asking them to do, and it clearly WASNT working.

I mean come on, he took a top-5 OL and has them performing like a bottom 5 unit. That is not what a "scapegoat" is.

icup must be hitting the bong early today or something.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
get back to us when you understand what a scapegoat really is

When your car burns oil, has a knocking rod, is not firing on two cylinders and the brakes are squishy... Then you get a flat tire and change it out? The tire is not a scapegoat.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you step back and look at it as a 4d algorithm,

i think you will agree that the level playing field, divided by the circumference of garrett's tiny balls, carry the 7,

and viola, you can easily call this whole deal a scapegoat decision and we can all just move on

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When your car burns oil, has a knocking rod, is not firing on two cylinders and the brakes are squishy... Then you get a flat tire and change it out? The tire is not a scapegoat.

you cant even compare vehicles to farm animals

what is this witchhunt REALLY all about ?? ?? ??? huh ?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
check out this tweet about the new OL coach:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

You're assuming there's an expert mechanic in the building to do the diagnosis

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're assuming there's an expert mechanic in the building to do the diagnosis
Even a five year-old recognizes a flat tire. Changing the tire though, doesn't in any way address all the other problems, which is why the tire isn't a scapegoat.

Now, whether there's anyone in the building who recognizes the other myriad problems? Unlikely. Flat tire still not a scapegoat though, might just exactly be the only thing they are capable of diagnosing.

Top Bottom