Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Had a roofer friend though, not at all the sharpest nail in the bin, or the brightest bulb on the marquee. Always got terms wrong. He would say "escape goat" and always told his potential customers that he "waves at" deductibles.

One day we were driving along and there was a goat in the road. I says, "Look, must be an escape goat!"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scapegoat all the way. It's like a band-aid to heal a gaping wound.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Even a five year-old recognizes a flat tire. Changing the tire though, doesn't in any way address all the other problems, which is why the tire isn't a scapegoat.

Now, whether there's anyone in the building who recognizes the other myriad problems? Unlikely. Flat tire still not a scapegoat though, might just exactly be the only thing they are capable of diagnosing.

why can't it be both?

a shitty, broken down goat can still be a scapegoat

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who will be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys next season? Odds are on the board at BetDSI with Josh McDaniels the current betting favorite at odds of +250. Jason Garrett has been the head coach of the Cowboys since 2008 and the Cowboys have made the playoffs just twice.

Most people believe that owner Jerry Jones will finally get rid of Garrett and you can bet on who you think will be the coach of the Cowboys in Week 1 of the 2019 regular season. Let’s look at the latest odds and some of the top contenders.

Dallas Cowboys Head Coach in Week 1 of 2019 Regular Season
Josh McDaniels +250
Sean Payton +300
John DeFilippo +500
Jason Garrett +600
George Edwards +1000
Dave Toub +1500
Jim Harbaugh +2000
Ken Norton Jr. +2000
Kris Richard +2000
Jeff Brohm +2000
Dan Campbell +2000
Matt LaFleur +2000
Jim Bob Cooter +2000
Chris Petersen +2500
David Shaw +2500
Lincoln Riley +2500
Pete Carmichael +2500
Tom Herman +3000
Urban Meyer +3000
Mike Munchak +3000
Bruce Arians +3000
Jim Schwartz +3000
Leslie Frazier +3000
Gus Bradley +3000
James Bettcher +3000
Gus Malzahn +4000
Dabo Swinney +4000
Todd Haley +4000
Nick Saban +5000
Les Miles +5000
Brian Kelly +5000
Chip Kelly +5000
Lane Kiffin +5000
Jimbo Fisher +5000
Mike Leach +5000
Matt Rhule +7500
Mike Gundy +7500
James Franklin +7500
Kliff Kingsbury +10000
Gary Patterson +10000
Bob Stoops +20000
Bobby Petrino +20000
Tony Romo +25000
Bill Cowher +25000
Jimmie Johnson +50000
Barry Switzer +50000
Ron James +50000
Jerry Jones +50000
Field (Any Other Coach) +150

There are six men listed with odds of less than +2000 led by New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels at odds of +250. You may remember that McDaniels backed out of becoming the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts in the offseason and returned to the Patriots. Perhaps he could be tempted by the chance to coach the Cowboys, but it seems more likely he is going to wait until after Tom Brady retires to leave New England.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1943420

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I bet we can get one of last years rookie QB’s for dirt cheap at this point

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We really need a coach named "Jim Bob Cooter". Any team from Dallas, Texas needs a Jim Bob in their history. The Cooter is just the icing on the cake....

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
philly just got a cowboy killer w both games left to play vs dallas this yr

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I would say that Alexander sucked and deserved to be canned but he serves as an escape goat. :lol My initial thought in hearing the news was scapegoat. He just happens to the be the first in the Scapegoat Process as The Red Fraud tries to save his job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Scapegoat all the way. It's like a band-aid to heal a gaping wound.

You guys have no idea what a scapegoat even is apparently.

If he was simply a scapegoat, they'd wait till after the season to shitcan him. the fact is he was SO bad that they couldn't wait.

That is not a "scapegoat"

yes or no Dodger- our OL is playing to its KNOWN potential?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I would say that Alexander sucked and deserved to be canned but he serves as an escape goat. :lol My initial thought in hearing the news was scapegoat. He just happens to the be the first in the Scapegoat Process as The Red Fraud tries to save his job.

No doubt in my mind Garrett would gleefully throw anybody or everybody under the bus to keep his job.
Here's hoping he doesn't get that option.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind Garrett would gleefully throw anybody or everybody under the bus to keep his job.
I mean, that's how he GOT his job too, right?

But cutting bait with Alexander isn't scapegoating by any means. He's being blamed for his failures with the OL which are many, not for the overall failure of the team. As I said earlier, I seriously doubt they believe they have a coaching problem starting from the top. They are unable to diagnose their own, chronic problem. But a flat tire is so blatantly obvious, even a 8 year old kid recognizes it. The kid might not know anything about cars, might not know that the burning of oil, the rod knocking, the tranny grinding, the clutch slipping, the brakes not grabbing, are all far more serious issues. But he does recognize when a flat tire gotta go. This is what we have in Dallas. They changed a flat tire but the car is still a rolling piece of junk.

Top Bottom