Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And thank you for thinking a youtube video of a small few is the way all of us are. Or should I just assume that since you went to college, that you are no different than guys like James Holmes? Afterall, he went to college just like you did.

His college professor told him what to think.
His has no single thought of his own.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And thank you for thinking a youtube video of a small few is the way all of us are. Or should I just assume that since you went to college, that you are no different than guys like James Holmes? Afterall, he went to college just like you did.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score

That's what you're wrong about. My professors taught me HOW to think (something you could use a little guidance in). What I think seems to change and evolve as time goes on and as I get older, because how I think about the world is ever changing.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's not about college or not. It's about how some military personnel walk around thinking they're so much more honorable than everyone, how we owe them something, how much testosterone they have like MetalHead and how I'm being indoctrinated because I'm educated and think critically about the war and how it's corrupted.

And it's not really that small of a percentage if you look at how MANY videos on YT show this. I just picked one that didn't have many views. But there are thousands and thousands of accounts of how we abused and killed innocent people there. I'm just curious how that makes us better than terrorists.

And I'm also curious how you think I called out you personally. I was speaking in generalities, but not about all soldiers nor you personally. IIRC, Midswat was in the military in a swat unit. Some are able to see the corruption and be objective even though they served. Some, on the other hand, are brain washed to tow the company line and do whatever they're told.

As far as college, I went to a top university. But just like you in the military, I was surrounded by a ton of idiots as well. You'd be amazed how many idiots went to UT. Hell, Scipio went there.

Anyway, carry on being so much more honorable than the rest of us since we didn't buy into the lies. We didn't get sucked.

Ben you are an idiot.
An indoctrinated drugged out idiot who keeps telling himself how smart he is.
What have you done,Ben?...or better yet,what haven't you failed at?
I don't walk around thumping my chest calling myself a hero,but I will not allow you to characterize our service men and women as you did,and even worse post a repugnant video trying to fortify your already weak point.
By that asinine logic,all military personnel engage in such filth.
So again,fuck you, get drugged up and go eat a bowl of dicks,bitch.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ben you are an idiot.
An indoctrinated drugged out idiot who keeps telling himself how smart he is.
What have you done,Ben?...or better yet,what haven't you failed at?
I don't walk around thumping my chest calling myself a hero,but I will not allow you to characterize our service men and women as you did,and even worse post a repugnant video trying to fortify your already weak point.
By that asinine logic,all military personnel engage in such filth.
So again,fuck you, get drugged up and go eat a bowl of dicks,bitch.

Yep, stone-aged...

And you don't think I'm the only one who views the war this way, do you?

Here's an entire documentary on it--and it's just one more small example out of thousands which prove my point.
[video=youtube;YhmqOtulNYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmqOtulNYc[/video]

Your last comment reminds me of those honorable soldiers in the first video I posted--just brilliant. In any case, I never said how smart I was. I failed at more than most people, actually. But somehow failure motivates me to prevail and drives me to take heat for calling out honor-less, self-important dweebs like you who make excuses for our military raping, killing and abusing men, women children and animals.

Anyway, you served in the military. Heaven forbid someone criticize that.

Reaction score
Hey Mid, remember when you were on that military SWAT team? Good times.

Ben, you talk shit about what what you hear from other people instead of what you know from personal experience and state your opinions as fact.

Then you enter the realm of idiocy by claiming we here are begging for some sort of handout from your dumb ass when nothing of the sort took place.

Again though, go fuck yourself. Hard.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey Mid, remember when you were on that military SWAT team? Good times.

Ben, you talk shit about what what you hear from other people instead of what you know from personal experience and state your opinions as fact.

Then you enter the realm of idiocy by claiming we here are begging for some sort of handout from your dumb ass when nothing of the sort took place.

Again though, go fuck yourself. Hard.

No hard feelings, eh, Irv?

And it was military police, no?

Anyway, what are you claiming I'm hearing rather than personal experience?

Reaction score
Give me dates that you were in Iraq and saw said atrocities.

And no, he wasn't military police, either. Not even close. But don't even bother asking because it's not like you give a shit.

I know that you struck a chord with your remark, knowing that there were some here who would take exception to it. You painted all of us with a broad brush and then wrote smarmy, rambling diatribes describing how you know how we acted, you know what we wanted, and you were better than us because, unlike us, you were taught to "think".

Honorless, self-important dweebs... if I didn't know who you had directed that at I'd have thought you were talking about yourself.

Hard feelings? No. Pity, plenty of it.

Hey I heard that furniture salesmen liked to mark all the sofas and chairs that the little kids would sit on during the business day so they could go around and sniff the cushions after the store closed. I bet you wouldn't have been a furniture salesman if you couldn't do that.

Reaction score
I'm not saying bad things never happened over in Iraq/Afghanistan. That would be ignorant for me to say that.

I will say though that for you to form an opinion on the character of a person based on a youtube video is even more ignorant.

I know that I never took part in anything of the sort, nor did probably 98% of those who served over there. I don't belong to any organizations like VFW, American Legion, anything of the sort. I don't march in parades, or ask for military discounts where they are offered. So don't think I came on here looking for a cyber pat on the back from anyone on this board. But I'm certainly not going to stand by and let your chickenshit little ass stereotype me as some sort of demented freak and not say something.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Give me dates that you were in Iraq and saw said atrocities.

And no, he wasn't military police, either. Not even close. But don't even bother asking because it's not like you give a shit.

I know that you struck a chord with your remark, knowing that there were some here who would take exception to it. You painted all of us with a broad brush and then wrote smarmy, rambling diatribes describing how you know how we acted, you know what we wanted, and you were better than us because, unlike us, you were taught to "think".

Honorless, self-important dweebs... if I didn't know who you had directed that at I'd have thought you were talking about yourself.

Hard feelings? No. Pity, plenty of it.

Hey I heard that furniture salesmen liked to mark all the sofas and chairs that the little kids would sit on during the business day so they could go around and sniff the cushions after the store closed. I bet you wouldn't have been a furniture salesman if you couldn't do that.

LOL

I would never stoop to joining the military. But it's possible to record happenings there and then view them, especially when we have the internet.

Funny shit, though, Irv!!

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not saying bad things never happened over in Iraq/Afghanistan. That would be ignorant for me to say that.

I will say though that for you to form an opinion on the character of a person based on a youtube video is even more ignorant.

I know that I never took part in anything of the sort, nor did probably 98% of those who served over there. I don't belong to any organizations like VFW, American Legion, anything of the sort. I don't march in parades, or ask for military discounts where they are offered. So don't think I came on here looking for a cyber pat on the back from anyone on this board. But I'm certainly not going to stand by and let your chickenshit little ass stereotype me as some sort of demented freak and not say something.

As I said, I wasn't talking about you specifically. And I believe you.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So yeah... those guys in the OP were pretty mucked up, eh?

It's hard to tell. What did the guys they shot do?

My ex from Egypt had a friend in Syria, there is some differences between the sects and her father was kidnapped and they can't find him and don't know if he's dead or what. But shit like this is very common there...place is lawless.

Reaction score
But it's possible to record happenings there and then view them, especially when we have the internet.
I can just as easy turn on the news and see stories about how you college-educated people are killing each other while hazing the new guys... so going to college makes you honorable? WTF did you ever do in your life that made YOU honorable? Because I didn't see anything you have said you have done for work that would qualify as honorable in the least.

Seriously. I want to know.

Reaction score
Oh, c'mon. Military personnel may not be a lot of things. But you know they love attention and praise.
No, you stated as a FACT that that was what he came here asking for, so I want you to point it out. Until then, go fuck yourself like I told you.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can just as easy turn on the news and see stories about how you college-educated people are killing each other while hazing the new guys... so going to college makes you honorable? WTF did you ever do in your life that made YOU honorable? Because I didn't see anything you have said you have done for work that would qualify as honorable in the least.

Seriously. I want to know.

That's what I'm saying. The military has this obsession with honor... I don't see why. I don't get the mantra from the soldiers about why they think they're so honorable and what their "honor" means.

Personally, I don't strive for honor at work. These days, give me a low stress job with decent pay and I'm happy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom