Reaction score
I don't get why we even have a government if you don't trust them to do anything but wage war and build roads.

Oh, you can commission a bridge that is responsible for the safety of millions of people every day but don't you dare touch my healthcare.

If you trust government that little, conservatives, why do you even vote or take part in the process?

"Because we want to vote in people we trust to keep the government from doing anything!"

ok.
I trust the government to do what the founding fathers trusted them to do... i.e. what's constitutional. They were well-versed in overreaching governments.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I trust the government to do what the founding fathers trusted them to do... i.e. what's constitutional. They were well-versed in overreaching governments.

Plus the time machine that enabled them to draft a document that would be totally relevant centuries from when it was written. My favorite part of the constitution is the bit that says government shall build and maintain our highways and keep corporations from dumping garbage in our drinking water.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Yeah I googled it. There's no way that I understand the nuance of Paul's passage in Romans being written the way it was because he didn't want to seem like he was starting an insurrection or encouraging rebellion, or that Matthew talked shit on tax collectors nonstop because his book was primarily addressed to the Jews and that in fact alot of the bible is similarly influenced by it's audience. I impress myself with the speed and diligence of my research. I very much doubt that there are many Christians who would even know those scriptures existed, much less what to google to find them.

Reaction score
Plus the time machine that enabled them to draft a document that would be totally relevant centuries from when it was written. My favorite part of the constitution is the bit that says government shall build and maintain our highways and keep corporations from dumping garbage in our drinking water.
I'm sorry... Did I state somewhere my position on those subjects?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's not in the constitution. Build your own roads. And fuck you, Ike for connecting the country!

Reaction score
Yeah I googled it. There's no way that I understand the nuance of Paul's passage in Romans being written the way it was because he didn't want to seem like he was starting an insurrection or encouraging rebellion, or that Matthew talked shit on tax collectors nonstop because his book was primarily addressed to the Jews and that in fact alot of the bible is similarly influenced by it's audience. I impress myself with the speed and diligence of my research. I very much doubt that there are many Christians who would even know those scriptures existed, much less what to google to find them.
It's cool... you may have had some education on it. I don't know. I just doubt certain things based on things you state on the forum. If I'm proven wrong about you personally, so be it. I don't know you personally.

But the least you can do is give me the courtesy of not thinking you know all of my beliefs or how I justify one with another, just like I do with you. I don't try to attack your spiritual beliefs. Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm fickle and will be turned by what an anonymous person posts on the DCU.

Reaction score
It's not in the constitution. Build your own roads. And fuck you, Ike for connecting the country!
A couple of things... 1) Interstate Commerce and 2) states also had/have the ability to build roads.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's alot more than *some*. I'd love it if I could just forget that nonsense.

Mostly I was just trolling with the bible shit. I know there aren't any Christians who pay attention to half that stuff, much less let it shape their world view.

Reaction score
It’s always the Christians that have the least compassion towards their fellow man. They can “fuck off and die” lol.

As an Atheist, i believe everyone has a right to affordable healthcare. The system is obviously broken.
I am a Christian and I don't feel that way. I am sure a lot of people who do feel that way aren't Christians. This wasn't even a thread about Christianity but superpunk and you decided you take some cheap shots, because of what the Limbaugh Republicans are saying.

Cool argument bro. :rolleyes

Top Bottom