Reaction score
Can you imagine the ego boost Jerry's gonna have over the 2016 draft class if Jaylon is our best defensive player in a couple of years?.

Nothing will inhibit Jerrys flyers and wildcatting. He will be drafting fetuses and zoo animals hoping that just maybe "since Jaylon"....

Reaction score
Not sure why folks are still discussing whether Jaylon Smith will be healthy for next season. He's going to be 100 percent for camp.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure why folks are still discussing whether Jaylon Smith will be healthy for next season. He's going to be 100 percent for camp.

There is a difference between running in a straight line and cutting etc. Until we hear he doesnt have drop foot, his future is in doubt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There is a difference between running in a straight line and cutting etc. Until we hear he doesnt have drop foot, his future is in doubt.

Not sure if that is 100% accurate. I think Todd Archer or one of those writers was last week he was told that he could play with a brace if necessary.

That said, there's several video clips up on CZ showing him not only running in a straight line, but doing a lot of cutting.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't believe a single word Jaylon says, and I have a good feeling he will be another 2nd round bust.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't believe a single word Jaylon says, and I have a good feeling he will be another 2nd round bust.

First & Final Thread Notice

Forum Rule #1 - You will not publicly question the actions of the staff or how this site is managed.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I saw a video on Twitter yesterday that showed Jaylon running a cone drill for 6 whole seconds.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's another article talking about him being able to play with a brace.

Also, you can see the latest clips of his workout.

Dallas Cowboys' Jaylon Smith shows change of direction in video - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

Jaylon Smith shows change of direction in video

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Over the past couple of weeks, Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith has used Twitter to show his progress in his return from a serious knee injury and nerve damage.

On Wednesday, Smith showed his change of direction some 13 months after undergoing surgery.

Smith spent his rookie year on the non-football injury list as he rehabbed, but by the end of the season he said he was getting his "4.4 speed back." He also said he would be on the field in 2017, which the Cowboys believe as well.

The nerve is beginning to show signs of life, but he continues to wear the brace on his foot for support. And, yes, he can wear the brace to play but the hope is the nerve re-fires fully and he will not need it.

The Cowboys chose Smith with the 34th pick, surprising many because of the doubts of a comeback due to the nerve damage, but this video offers more tangible hope to those waiting to see what he can do in 2017.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I saw a video on Twitter yesterday that showed Jaylon running a cone drill for 6 whole seconds.

And, he looked good doing it. Brace or not. Not that the nerve is firing again, I fully expect him on the field for TC. Let's just hope it's not with a brace on.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
And, he looked good doing it. Brace or not. Not that the nerve is firing again, I fully expect him on the field for TC. Let's just hope it's not with a brace on.

Yeah, I think it was @AWSports or some such had several, actually. The thought of Smith and Lee together on the field makes me smile.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was @AWSports or some such had several, actually. The thought of Smith and Lee together on the field makes me smile.

This is the best one I have seen so far. It shows him easily planting and pushing off with his left foot. Dude is already running a 4.5 forty and he is still in rehab. Really looking forward to watching him if he can get back 100%.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but it doesn't look to me like he's moving laterally that well.

Maybe I'm off because it's hard to tell when it's just him by himself, but the combine LBs look a lot quicker to me.

Reaction score
There is so much information out there on this guy going both ways, I have no clue what to think or believe.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is so much information out there on this guy going both ways, I have no clue what to think or believe.

It's the Cowboys led by Garrett and JJ. Believe he will be healthy and 100% ready to play to start training camp. Then you can be disappointed when the report comes out stating he's not ready but should be good to go to start the season. Then you can be disappointed again when the report states he won't be ready till 2018 for our Super Bowl run. Then.....

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but it doesn't look to me like he's moving laterally that well.

Maybe I'm off because it's hard to tell when it's just him by himself, but the combine LBs look a lot quicker to me.

He is pushing off well with his left foot. That is the biggest thing I'm sure the med staff is focusing on right now. It's the biggest if. If he can ever push with his left foot (he can't get push from just the brace) then he is recovering from the drop foot. Meaning his nerve is firing and now regenerating. It looks to me like he is pushing off pretty well with the left foot in that clip.

Top Bottom