Reaction score
I cannot and never have condoned driving while impaired. As a former fireman I removed too many dead and mangled bodies from vehicles where alcohol played a role.

I also cannot help but root for him to make a turnaround in his life. Whether he ever plays football again or not, I hope he stops drinking. I hope he becomes someone who can talk to kids about the dangers of alcohol. In other words, something constructive. I hope he somehow dedicates the rest of his life to the friend who died because of his actions. I do not believe most people can make that kind of impact while in jail. I would prefer jail be for the violent offenders who make all of our lives less secure. You can say driving impaired does that and I will not disagree with you. I just don't think the man is prone to violence.

Alcoholism is a disease and I prefer we treat diseases in ways other than jail when possible. In this case they determined jail was part of his sentence, but he will have a very long, strict probation afterwards. Justice spoke. I don't have to agree or disagree with the amount of punishment he is receiving. I simply pray the young man comes out of this as a changed person.

If I am Jason Garrett, I don't want him back. Not because of what he did, but because of how the DFW media circus will react and distract. I think the kid is a decent football player who could help this team, and if Garrett and the team want him back I will quietly root for him to do well for us. But if it were me, I would hope he stays retired from the NFL and focuses his life elsewhere.

I believe in 2nd chances. Many of us have had them. Not for the same thing this kid did, but a 2nd chance is supposed to be about starting over and moving on to better things. That is all I hope here for the person, and I am focusing on the person not the crime.

I do not drink. Never have. I grew up in the back room of the family bar. I was hustling pool from drunks when I was 6. I think alcohol destroys more lives than we will ever grasp. I've seen it destroy people I love. It is legal, and I cannot preach to anyone about how they should live their adult lives with regards to a legal activity such as drinking. However, I implore all my friends here that if you do drink, please do not get behind the wheel. It can have catastrophic consequences as this case demonstrates.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You were a fireman too? I thought that was a great job, why would anyone leave it???

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hustling pool when he was 6....

Biggest internet liar ever. God he is so pathetic.

Reaction score
I feel pity for you Irving Cowboy.

What kind of horrible mother would raise their small child in a bar and let him, at age 6, hustle drunkards on the pool table.

Shame on that wretched woman.

Reaction score
Well she only had one arm, and even though she could sharpen a knife with it, she couldn't control me.

Reaction score
If I am Jason Garrett, I don't want him back. Not because of what he did, but because of how the DFW media circus will react and distract.

What in the fuck.

yo Brent we don't really care that you killed your buddy because you both made terrible decisions but fo real we just can't handle Randy Galloway asking us questions about it and writing snarky columns.

ARE YOU EVEN FOR REAL RIGHT NOW

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Well she only had one arm, and even though she could sharpen a knife with it, she couldn't control me.

Could she drive a power chair whilst towing a friend in a plastic wheelbarrow?
Because someone else's mom can.
I have a picture.

Reaction score
This thread has officially jumped the shark.

But seriously IC... your mom was a douche for letting you roam a bar at 6 years old.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Could she drive a power chair whilst towing a friend in a plastic wheelbarrow?
Because someone else's mom can.
I have a picture.

That's nice, but can she act as an impromptu basketball hoop for her future HOF NBA son and not flinch? THE WHOLE TIME!

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When my Mom gets a hold of you in hell, Irving Cowboy, I hope she rams her stump up your ass and pulls your feathers out like she used to do to chickens.

Top Bottom