jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I call it artistic license. The suffix was sensible. There needed to be a word for 'one who condescends,' so I made one up. Would you have preferred 'condescender?' Just seemed gauche.
After some thought I would like to offer "condescending" as a viable (and real) alternative.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Theoretical Physics was never my strong point and this is a football forum, but I will give it a go. What you got?

It centers around a mathematical function known as the fourier transform. what it does is take a continuous or discrete function and describes them by using an infinite summation of sinusoids (re: waves). in order for this to work in engineering there have to be certain symmetries involved. when you start dealing in arithmetic for rotational motion, the complex plane becomes involved. You start seeing figures like 1 - 4j and the like involved but again due to symmetry, all of the complex components cancel out. It's beautiful, quite frankly.

What I find interesting is that when you start evaluating existent waves like ER radiation and you start applying these types of operations, there is no symmetry involved. As such a lot of the complex components are not tidied away. As a result you end up with the formulas and matrix solutions like Heidegger's. It should be obvious that I am not as well versed in this regard. I haven't studied quantum mechanics formally.

What my discussion boils down to is I don't believe in the particle as it is described by mechanics. Quanta can be expressed as waveforms and I think our forcefeeding the individual unit as a reality is just anthropocentric hubris.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Backwards j4 - 1

nah it's -j4 + 1. what you are doing speaks to orthogonality which in this case means that for every -4j there needs to be a corresponding 4j to cancel it. the symmetry is not intuitive but that actually is good intuition.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Lol, some kind of nerd dick measuring contest and apparently sheik is impressed by the length and girth. Not to self, don't let fuzzy stand behind me...

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
It centers around a mathematical function known as the fourier transform. what it does is take a continuous or discrete function and describes them by using an infinite summation of sinusoids (re: waves). in order for this to work in engineering there have to be certain symmetries involved. when you start dealing in arithmetic for rotational motion, the complex plane becomes involved. You start seeing figures like 1 - 4j and the like involved but again due to symmetry, all of the complex components cancel out. It's beautiful, quite frankly.

What I find interesting is that when you start evaluating existent waves like ER radiation and you start applying these types of operations, there is no symmetry involved. As such a lot of the complex components are not tidied away. As a result you end up with the formulas and matrix solutions like Heidegger's. It should be obvious that I am not as well versed in this regard. I haven't studied quantum mechanics formally.

What my discussion boils down to is I don't believe in the particle as it is described by mechanics. Quanta can be expressed as waveforms and I think our forcefeeding the individual unit as a reality is just anthropocentric hubris.

LOL To be honest, my knowledge of theoretical physics was developed from watching the Big Bang Theory. With that in mind I offer this.

4J+1+1 RV Park

looking-north.jpg

“Great location, only 2 blocks to Downtown”

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location on river. We were able to squeeze into river side site with our 30ft RV. Sites are very close together. Clean bathrooms and laundry. Good power and water. No discounts for AAA nor Good Sam. Good place to stay when visiting Ouray when you want hookups. Otherwise camp at Amphitheater Natl Forest campground 1500 ft above valley floor...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33581-d211591-Reviews-4J_1_1_RV_Park-Ouray_Colorado.html

For those that are curious what the Fourier Transform is, I will break it down in simple terms. It is a tool that breaks a waveform (a function or signal) into an alternate representation, characterized by sine and cosines. The Fourier Transform shows that any waveform can be re-written as the sum of sinusoidal functions. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
LOL To be honest, my knowledge of theoretical physics was developed from watching the Big Bang Theory. With that in mind I offer this.

4J+1+1 RV Park

looking-north.jpg

“Great location, only 2 blocks to Downtown”

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location on river. We were able to squeeze into river side site with our 30ft RV. Sites are very close together. Clean bathrooms and laundry. Good power and water. No discounts for AAA nor Good Sam. Good place to stay when visiting Ouray when you want hookups. Otherwise camp at Amphitheater Natl Forest campground 1500 ft above valley floor...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33581-d211591-Reviews-4J_1_1_RV_Park-Ouray_Colorado.html

For those that are curious what the Fourier Transform is, I will break it down in simple terms. It is a tool that breaks a waveform (a function or signal) into an alternate representation, characterized by sine and cosines. The Fourier Transform shows that any waveform can be re-written as the sum of sinusoidal functions. Hope that helps.

It starts with this:
4b331f79eaadfba81f95d40a6e80b88a.png

Top Bottom