dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone see the jackass GM on Big Brother? One of the idiots on the show was awestruck by Jerruh, simply can't understand that perspective. I really hate the attention the team gets in spite of doing next to nothing for the last 20 years

Only ******s and losers watch that shit

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I realize its only preseason, but Blake Bortles has been really impressive in both his games.

By the way there was a Jay Ratliff sighting last night, he got credit for a 1/2 sack

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I realize its only preseason, but Blake Bortles has been really impressive in both his games.
Yeah, only saw a few highlights but I thought the same thing.

Jags would be wise to give him his first start against our D to build that confidence.

We don't have an around the league preseason thread going, do we...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, only saw a few highlights but I thought the same thing.

Jags would be wise to give him his first start against our D to build that confidence.

Going against our "starters" will probably be similar to most teams backups or third stringers from preseason.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Going against our "starters" will probably be similar to most teams backups or third stringers from preseason.

He probably faced tougher defenses in college than what he will face when playing the Cowboys.

Reaction score

I heard Jerry on G-bag today saying that the defense is going to struggle - it almost sounded like he was admitting the mistake of not putting more energy into fixing the defense in the offseason. But he said - "we are going to have to score a lot of points". How is that going to happen? Since 2007 and maybe 2009 the offense has been terrible at manufacturing points. The math from the majority of the Garrett years is an average of basically 2.5 TDs a game. Now, but suddenly last year when Callahan was in the mix more than in the past, the points per game finally went up- but Callahan will not get credit for that even though the obvious change was DeMarco Murray.

Jerry is totally snowed. "We are going to have to score a lot of points" makes it seems like they can just turn it off and on at will. Wrong. Wade Phillips was fired after losing 41-7 and the defense in the first game was called terrible after losing 27-7. It's not like the 81 Chargers or the 99 Rams where they can give up 24 points and win. This team is very vulnerable on offense and gets very panicked quickly. Jerry also said that Linehan thinks Romo is near genius in what he sees on the field. I still think that Jason knows that Romo is the only reason Jason is having any success in an otherwise pathetic and nonsensical offense.

Score a lot of points? How about keep the ball, keep the time of possession and limit how much time the defense needs to be on the field. 5.2 ypc and 9 TDs in 14 games with an average of 15 carries per game? That's the proof that the offense can hold the ball, slow the game, make first downs, and still score.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just watched a few mins of the Oakland/Detroit game. Nick Fairley had been moved to 2nd team last week in practice, and last night he was an apparent healthy scratch for the game, per their announcers.

Maybe they are getting ready to trade him. I know he has been up and down there, but if he is healthy (which our guys arnt) he might be of help here. He did manage 11 1/2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles the past two seasons.

Reaction score
Do we have martez Wilson? We sure are taking flyers on a lot of 1st round busts. Okoye, McLain, martez Wilson even Ryan Williams I think was the first rb in his draft.

Weeden too even.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Martez Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Still a pretty high pick. Would be nice if all these guys turn out.

Reaction score
Was he? I remember him Being a workout warrior in that draft class with a lot of shitty pass rushers. Whitney merciless, and Melvin Ingram, and David pollack

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Was he? I remember him Being a workout warrior in that draft class with a lot of shitty pass rushers. Whitney merciless, and Melvin Ingram, and David pollack

Ingram was supposed to be unstoppable according to many of the CZ scouting opinions. How has that worked out? I don't watch the Chargers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When do we play again?
Tomorrow night in Miami, the "dress rehearsal" game where the starters are said to be playing well into the 3rd quarter.

Might be we'll get to see what's really going on with this team. Wait, it isn't a team per se, it is a collection of players.

Top Bottom