LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just watched a few mins of the Oakland/Detroit game. Nick Fairley had been moved to 2nd team last week in practice, and last night he was an apparent healthy scratch for the game, per their announcers.

Maybe they are getting ready to trade him. I know he has been up and down there, but if he is healthy (which our guys arnt) he might be of help here. He did manage 11 1/2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles the past two seasons.

Jackson Jeffcoat got cut by the Seahawks. People were high on him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Kyle Wilber has been the Cowboys’ first-team strong-side linebacker throughout the preseason. But the Cowboys could take another look at Wilber as a defensive end because they’re so thin along the defensive line.

Wilber was at defensive end last year before switching to strong-side linebacker, where he started six games for the Cowboys.

That's bullshit. We need the best players out there playing their respective positions.

Regarding Hitchens. I've always hated the idea of constantly moving unestablished 1st and 2nd year, and even 3rd year players, around different positions. I don't see how that could be effective at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's bullshit. We need the best players out there playing their respective positions.

Regarding Hitchens. I've always hated the idea of constantly moving unestablished 1st and 2nd year, and even 3rd year players, around different positions. I don't see how that could be effective at all.

You cant see what's being built here?

Reaction score

Thin at DE and they cut the fastest DE on the team in Wilson who failed to make a name for himself in training camp but got one of the few sacks the defense had in preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thin at DE and they cut the fastest DE on the team in Wilson who failed to make a name for himself in training camp but got one of the few sacks the defense had in preseason.

Dude, are you related to this guy or something?

Because he sux on the football field. I don't care how fast he is, he cant play DE.

Reaction score
Dude, are you related to this guy or something?

Because he sux on the football field. I don't care how fast he is, he cant play DE.

You and I are just very different directors of personnel. It's not just that he is fast, he was fast and effective. Wilber is a waste.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 3m
The Cowboys got cornerback Jemea Thomas (6th round/G-Tech) off waivers from New England. Waived WR Tim Benford.

120113_tech_premium_JC15.JPG

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
NFL Access ‏@NFL_Access 7m
Cowboys are reportedly ready to commit to Dez Bryant as franchise WR, contract extension expected soon pic.twitter.com/2NyEnq3xPJ

Reaction score
He was never effective...I think he made one play all preseason

You realize that getting into the backfield many times, even when missing the tackles, is better than not having any movement at all. Wilson got there. Wilber is the DL equivalent of. Matt Johnson. Waiting for WontGo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You realize that getting into the backfield many times, even when missing the tackles, is better than not having any movement at all. Wilson got there. Wilber is the DL equivalent of. Matt Johnson. Waiting for WontGo.

Never saw him getting in the backfield "many times"

I did see him get trucked repeatedly vs the run though

Reaction score
God I'm sooo disinterested in this season. Week one is like 8 days away and I don't even care.

Top Bottom