dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I listened to the game in the car, sounds like the league got exactly the type of game they deserved, a fucking lemon.

I read it was lowest rated Super Bowl in last 10+ years.

Garbage league got a garbage game and awful ratings. Good riddance.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Shit, it was a great game. Real football not Madden video game shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think it was more a case of really putrid offense as opposed to "great" defense. Hell neither one of those defenses were all that good all year.

Many people are saying it looked more like something you'd see in preseason.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think it was more a case of really putrid offense as opposed to "great" defense. Hell neither one of those defenses were all that good all year.

Many people are saying it looked more like something you'd see in preseason.
Well, I watched the game and saw what happened. The high flying Madden video game gadget offense got rusted out and never could get over it. I didn't say anything about "great defense" I said it was a great game. And it was. Maybe if the final score was 54-44 you'd call it a "great game" even with it still being a 10 point difference.

Cuz we jus gots to have Madden or it ain't a good game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I watched the game and saw what happened. The high flying Madden video game gadget offense got rusted out and never could get over it. I didn't say anything about "great defense" I said it was a great game. And it was. Maybe if the final score was 54-44 you'd call it a "great game" even with it still being a 10 point difference.

It was an awful game. Boring as hell.

I hate the video game scores but come on. The mot exciting play of the game was a 2yd TD run. Like I said, it wasn't because the defense was "great" it was because the offense was horrendous.

By the way, I think the postseason showed again that the only person "boy genius" Sean McVay is capable of outcoaching is Jason Garrett

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was an awful game. Boring as hell.

I hate the video game scores but come on. The mot exciting play of the game was a 2yd TD run. Like I said, it wasn't because the defense was "great" it was because the offense was horrendous.

By the way, I think the postseason showed again that the only person "boy genius" Sean McVay is capable of outcoaching is Jason Garrett
You said yourself, you didn't watch. And now you seem to be saying that only TD scoring plays are exciting.

It was excellent defensive play on the Pats side, that demolished the LA gadget. That combined with Wade Phillips play soft play safe defense, helping the Pats keep the gadget off the field.

It's more than fair to say that when you keep an offense that averages better than 30 points per game, to just 3 points, in a Super Bowl, that's a great defensive performance. It's only ever been done one other time. Big 12 style shootouts draw ratings, put butts in seats and make the very casual football fans happy. But REAL football still wins the Lombardi. Fans of football should love every minute of SB 53.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I agree on the game. Kind of liked it myself. Kind of cut down on the commercials too.

For most of the game it appeared the Patriots were ignoring the play action. Rarely run rushing, they were all out pass rushing and sometimes sending a 5th. I noticed this when Hightower almost picked off that pass. He completely ignored the playaction and dropped back. The wanted to make Goff uncomfortable with his deep drop play action.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
10th SB? Did I miss a few?
0pps my mistake .. 7th...

33px-AmericanFootball_current_event.svg.png
Current season
Established November 16, 1959; 59 years ago[1]
First season
: 1960
Play in and headquartered in Gillette Stadium
Foxborough, Massachusetts
New England Patriots logo New England Patriots wordmark
LogoWordmark
American Football League (1960–1969)
  • Eastern Division (1960–1969)
National Football League (1970–present)
Current uniform
New England Patriots uniforms.png
Team colorsNavy blue, red, silver, white[2][3]
MascotPat Patriot
Owner(s)Robert Kraft
ChairmanRobert Kraft
CEORobert Kraft
PresidentJonathan Kraft
General managerBill Belichick (de facto)
Head coachBill Belichick
  • Boston Patriots (1960–1970)[4]
  • Bay State Patriots (1971)[5]
  • New England Patriots (1971–present)
  • The Pats
League championships (6)
Conference championships (11)
Division championships (20)

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I actually liked this Super Bowl more than most. It was a chess match between defenses. I thought it was pretty exciting right up until the end when the Patriots could put it away with a FG. There were plenty of Super Bowls much worse when considering blowouts and just trash games like the 2006 and 2015 Super Bowls.

It would have been much more exciting had WR Cooks hands not have just been for decoration and he caught one of those two TD passes.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
30-3 is boring. This was low-scoring but suspenseful. And as good as the Pats were, the Rams left 14 points on the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its Wednesday, and the game still sucked regardless of what you bozos say.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score

The casual fan wants to see a lot of scoring. It doesn't matter what sport it is. Back in 1990 the 49ers beat the Giants 7-3 in a regular season game. I think it was Monday night. To this day it remains one of the best games I've watched.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The casual fan wants to see a lot of scoring. It doesn't matter what sport it is. Back in 1990 the 49ers beat the Giants 7-3 in a regular season game. I think it was Monday night. To this day it remains one of the best games I've watched.

I loved watching the Games between the ravens and steelers when ray Lewis and Troy Polamalu we're playing, those low scoring battles with the great defenses we're intense and fun

Top Bottom