Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This "retrospective" is the best part of the game so far.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If that's the plan they need to execute it better. Time of possession is lopsided towards the Patriots.
I explained why, before. It's a function of Wade Phatass's play it safe risk averse defense. That keeps your O off the field and wears out your D guys. We saw this shit week after week, for years in Dallas between Fat Wade and Fat Rob.

That's Belechick's game plan today. Eat the game clock, keep this so-called high-powered offense of the Rams on the sidelines. That type of offense can't get going without game reps.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This "retrospective" is the best part of the game so far.
Not even. This is a great FOOTBALLL game. The "retrospective" was hilarious and cool, but it can't hold a candle to real FOOTBALLL.

What, you gotta have Madden video game shit? Play Madden.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not even. This is a great FOOTBALLL game. The "retrospective" was hilarious and cool, but it can't hold a candle to real FOOTBALLL.

What, you gotta have Madden video game shit? Play Madden.
I'm not saying the game's been bad, it's been very good to this point. Just thought that was a great spot is all...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Rams need to start hitting Edelman at the line, something to try and throw him off his route even a little.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You've got to wonder a little if this game would be different right now if Cooper Kupp was healthy. Goff hasn't been nearly the same since he got hurt, probably no more so than tonight.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can't assume that they can continue to gve Edelman this much cushion and not have it bite them in the ass either...
But... That's Wade. Can't take chances. Better to let him catch it than beat us for a big play. Big play is a risk when we're aggressive. Don't you see?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You've got to wonder a little if this game would be different right now if Cooper Kupp was healthy. Goff hasn't been nearly the same since he got hurt, probably no more so than tonight.
Huh? Goff is ineffective because NE hasn't let them string reps together.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But... That's Wade. Can't take chances. Better to let him catch it than beat us for a big play. Big play is a risk when we're aggressive. Don't you see?
I know exactly what you're saying. I also know failing to make a relatively simple adjustment for fear of being overly aggressive is stupid.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know exactly what you're saying. I also know failing to make a relatively simple adjustment for fear of being overly aggressive is stupid.
Stupid is exactly what I'm saying. And it's evident. We LIVED with this "soft defense" shit for years in Dallas. Don't you recognize it?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Huh? Goff is ineffective because NE hasn't let them string reps together.
Goff had a regular season 22/6 TD to interception ratio in 10 games before Kupp got hurt, 10/6 after. It doesn't get talked about nearly enough but it made a difference.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Goff had a regular season 22/6 TD to interception ratio in 10 games before Kupp got hurt, 10/6 after. It doesn't get talked about nearly enough but it made a difference.
Defenses figured out this gadget offense. Can't you see it? Late in the season is when this shit happens. The injury was no more than a coincidence.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stupid is exactly what I'm saying. And it's evident. We LIVED with this "soft defense" shit for years in Dallas. Don't you recognize it?
Of course I do. Should I just shrug my shoulders and say oh well?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Defenses figured out this gadget offense. Can't you see it? Late in the season is when this shit happens. The injury was no more than a coincidence.
Maybe, maybe not. We can each come up with points to back us up, but right now it's all speculation, really.

Top Bottom