Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna give it a shot too since it worked for you guys, especially since my subscription is up in August and if I cancel, they get nada.

You should be able to get a substantial discount if you go about it the right way. I'm paying like $40 for the entire package, plus getting the redzone shit for free. Midswat got the package for free after threatening to cancel his service.

Without going back and reading this thread, I'm sure there were a few more guys that got a deal.

The key is to call up and tell them you want to cancel the service because ST is the only reason you have DTV, and ST is just way too expensive.

Chime back in to let us know what kind of deal you get.

Cythim

Reaction score
First I got half off - $40 for four months

Then I got a $40 reduction in my bill for 6 months

So I ended up with free Sunday Ticket plus two months of $40 off my bill.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I threatened to cancel my DirectTV and they gave me free cable and NFL Sunday Ticket for life.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Just threatened to cancel service of Direct TV. They originally were going to offer me half off Sunday Ticket. I said it wasn't good enough and they gave it to me for free plus some discounts on service

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just pay it and be happy I can watch my Cowboys in HD, with no interruptions. I also love watching the Foreskins, Feacals, G-Strings and Squealers lose, so it's all good.

Reaction score
I just pay it and be happy I can watch my Cowboys in HD, with no interruptions. I also love watching the Foreskins, Feacals, G-Strings and Squealers lose, so it's all good.

The one thing I abhore about Sunday Ticket, which appearantly is unavoidable, is when the Cowboys play the late afternoon game, and the early game runs late....

I should be able to tune into that channel in the 700's and catch kick off.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The one thing I abhore about Sunday Ticket, which appearantly is unavoidable, is when the Cowboys play the late afternoon game, and the early game runs late....

I should be able to tune into that channel in the 700's and catch kick off.

Weird. I get some Sunday Ticket games blacked out because I get them on a local channel, but if a game runs over, DTV lifts the blackout for the first quarter. Hasn't worked that way for you?

Reaction score
Weird. I get some Sunday Ticket games blacked out because I get them on a local channel, but if a game runs over, DTV lifts the blackout for the first quarter. Hasn't worked that way for you?

Never.

Are you suggesting that you're better than me?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just threatened to cancel service of Direct TV. They originally were going to offer me half off Sunday Ticket. I said it wasn't good enough and they gave it to me for free plus some discounts on service

Props.

I think that's 3 guys getting it for free + perks so far.

Reaction score
Called Directv and told them I needed a new DVR because my is fukt.

They tried to tell me I qualified for a new DVR for free, but that I'd have to have a new 24 month contract.

I was all like "Bitch please."

So then they were all like "LOL JK... 12 month?"

And I was all like "My DVR is fukt (really, it isn't - just wnat a new one). I need a new one to watch television, but I'm not doing a new contract. If that's a requirement, cancel my service and I'll go with local cable."

So yeah, they waived it and I'm good to go.

Boomshackalackalacka

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
they waived your sunday ticket fee?

or am I reading that wrong?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We get most of our Sunday ticket fees waived, or greatly reduced every year.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can't remember what I paid last year, but Middy got his free.

Its all in the word "cancel". Call the 1-800-531-5000 number, when the automated thing prompts you to describe your reason for calling, just say "cancel my service".

When the person comes on the line, even if you are locked into a contract, just tell them you'd rather pay to cancel your entire service than pay the outrageous cost of the ticket. I always tell them the ticket is the only reason I stick with directv.

Then you tell them about your friend that got it for free. Act upset. Mention being a loyal customer.

Boom. Free ST.

Then, be a good person and let someone with a ps3 piggyback your account.

Boom. Two free subscriptions.

Top Bottom