Mr.Po

Reaction score
I have had Direct since 96-97? along with Sunday Ticket. Starting out it was 4 payments for a total of between 120 - 130$. It's tripled since then. Everytime the contract is up Direct TV shells out more money to be the lone provider. So needless to say it falls on the consumers shoulders. They know they got a lot of people by the balls that need a football fix, myself included. I couldn't be stuck watching the Titans or Colts every weekend as is the norm in my region.

BTW their customer service is for shit for those that know what I mean. One or two out of the probably hundred I have dealt with were actually informative and helpful. 3 years ago a rep cut off my HD programming inadvertently when I was having satellite reception problems. She knew jack & shat and very little else. I honestly could hear her flipping through her instructional guide as she was babbling. I called back the next day to speak with hopefully someone a little more informative. A new rep rectified my problem after I told her what happened. Offered me the college football package for free and gave me Starz for 3 months free. I've cussed so many recently that I am probably black marked. Needless to say they don't call me anymore.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

It phucking worked!

I just called to cancel my Sunday Ticket and received NFL To Go for free when the season starts and $150.00 off the total price.

Now I just have to hope there's a season. :scared1

Reaction score
I just called Directv, and stated I was going to cancel service...

Mentioned I only had DTV because of NFLST, but that with the increasing prices, and how the NFL was putting so many games on primetime, and on thursdays, that it wasn't worth it anymore.

They didn't offer me a discount on NFLST, but they did cut $32 off my bill for a year, without having to extend a contract (I'm on month to month right now and can cancel anytime).

I called hoping to get maybe $100 off the NFLST price of $335. Instead, I'm saving $384 for the year.

I'll take it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I called directv last night to "cancel" my Sunday ticket package, obviously thinking they'd knock some money off of the deal.

I've had it for over 10 years. You'd think they'd try and talk me into staying. Nope. All I got was a "sorry to lose your business, okay, have a good night."

I was like WTF?

I call back today to cancel my whole directv package because I was a little pissed about last night. Right off the bat the guy offered me $100 off of Sunday Ticket if I re-upped this year and a nice discount on the overall package I have right now.

I told him I'd think about it and call back later.

Has anyone had more knocked off of their Sunday ticket price? I'm thinking of calling back and telling them it's still too high. Maybe ask them to knock off $175.

They give me a discounted rate and some other freebies almost every yr.

I suspect they wont be giving people their best deals right now though because they've already agreed to waive the per month charges until the lockout officially ends. Once thats done if people call and threaten to dump it they'll start making deals again.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have some exciting news.

I let them sit on their previous offer of $100 off. I had my wife call while I was at work the other day to try and squeeze at least $50 more bucks off the cost. No dice. They said take it or leave it. She said she would call back after she thought it over.

I call in 10 minutes ago, still pissed at what they told my Wife.

They ask me the nature of my call. I tell them I have called in a few times to cancel the renew on the sunday ticket. I also told them that the offer of $100 off was a nice gesture, but when I keep hearing about new customers getting it free and existing customers getting it for $200 off, I just didn't think it was right that I had to pay.

Keep in mind, I have never heard of anyone getting $200 off of the package.

This lady doesn't even skip a beat, she tells me, "Well, Honey, I can give you $200 off the package."

I was kinda shocked, I was like, Oh yeah?

She says, "Hold for a moment and let me see what I can offer you."

SHe comes back on the line and offers me the following:

1. The entire package for one easy payment of $49.95
2. Redzone package free of charge.

Shwing!

If you guys don't try this, you're stupid. That's money in my pocket. They won't let you walk away.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think next year, I'll just come right out and say:

Look, we both know how this works.

Reaction score
Okay, just called Directv.

I call, and I get some guy on the phone. I mention I want to cancel NFLST, and he asks why. I give him a story that a buddy of mine just signed up for Directv and got ST for free. I said I thought my buddy was full of shat, but just checked the website and saw where they were offering it free to new customers. He just says something like "Yeah, I understand. Okay, I've removed it from your account. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

For a moment, I was like :sad

I then ask the guy why they're offering it free to new customers, but a 10 year customer has to pay full price?

He gives the company line about how they're trying to lure new customers and rambles on about the lock out or something.

I point out the only difference between me, and a new customer, is that I've got 10 years of displayed loyalty, and payment history.

He says he can try to offer me a deal. Says he can knock $20 off of each payment, for a total of $120 in savings, or a total price of $229.95.

This is good enough for me, especially when I consider the deal I got in my earlier post ($32 off my monthly bill for a year).

But I figure at this point, I have nothing to lose. I'll try for $50 more. I tell the kid that if he can get me NFLST for $179 and I'll do it.

He says unfortunately he's unable to do that. I say "Why can't you do that? You're giving the package away. I'm willing to give you $179 for it. Make the deal."

He insists he can't. I ask to talk to his supervisor.

In a few moments, some lady comes on, and she asks how I can help. I give the same story about my buddy signing up and getting it for free, and mention my frustration about having to pay FP. Mention how long I've had service, etc.

She says she was going to put me on hold to see what she could offer me.

She comes back after a few minutes, and says that with my permission, she was going to add the NFL ST back to my programming package, and give me a credit for the total amount.

She gave me the Sunday Ticket for free.

Holy. Shit.

:towel

If you ever come to my neck of the woods Sheik, I'd like to buy you a beer. :thumbsup

Top Bottom