Reaction score
That's outstanding, btw.

It is. Unbelievable. They didn't ask me to re-new a 12 month programing contract or anything. They just gave it to me.

I'm sure next year they'll see I got it for free, and probably scoff if I try to negotiate, but I'll try again, nonetheless.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I found that if you call in and tell the automated bitch anything other than "cancel my service", they'll send you to someone that really doesn't have much pull in the way of giving discounts. I also noticed that if you don't go straight to cancellation, they'll tell you that it's off auto renew, but they never switch it to off. It remains on.

sbk92

Reaction score
I've been a loyal customer of theirs with the deluxe package and the ticket for 10 years. I've never tried to pull this move. I'm afraid they're gonna give me a hard time and I'm gonna tell them to F off and keep their ticket.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've been a loyal customer of theirs with the deluxe package and the ticket for 10 years. I've never tried to pull this move. I'm afraid they're gonna give me a hard time and I'm gonna tell them to F off and keep their ticket.

Dude.

They won't let walk. The key is to say "Cancel service" when you're prompted to say what the nature of your call is.

You can't lose.

Reaction score
I've never tried to cancel or negotiate either, that I can recall.

But really, you've got nothing to lose.

Besides, if you've had service for 10 years, sbk, then you should be month to month right now. If they won't work out a deal for you, cancel service. Wait a week, and start a new account. You'll be a new customer, and would get the ST for free anyway. You'd have to have a new 1 year contract, but hell, you've had it for 10 years anyway so WGAS.

Reaction score
Dude.

They won't let walk. The key is to say "Cancel service" when you're prompted to say what the nature of your call is.

You can't lose.

I did the cancel service when I made my call and they wouldn't discount NFL ST. I did get the $32 off my account for a year.

When I called this time, I said "Cancel Sunday Ticket."

I still didnt' really get results until I asked to talk to home boys supervisor.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't ever remember having to sign on for a year or two. It's always been month to month.

They did just recently give me - wait for it - $5 off my last bill because of being with them so long. So I got that working for me.

sbk92

Reaction score
lol My monthly bill is like $110 or so. With the ticket installments it's up over $160. You are literally better off just not giving me a discount than take $5 off. And send a notification card in the mail as if it's a really nice gesture.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol My monthly bill is like $110 or so. With the ticket installments it's up over $160. You are literally better off just not giving me a discount than take $5 off. And send a notification card in the mail as if it's a really nice gesture.

Step up and call them, or turn in your man card.

63echo

Reaction score
I don't ever remember having to sign on for a year or two. It's always been month to month.

They did just recently give me - wait for it - $5 off my last bill because of being with them so long. So I got that working for me.

lol lol

Mr.Po

Reaction score
[video=youtube;WevVIG9cE40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WevVIG9cE40&NR=1[/video]

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol lol lol

For the record, that is NOT me.

I agree though, they couldn't even get the real chick from King Kong, right off the bat you know something is fishy there.

Reaction score
Directv said:
Thank you for contacting DIRECTV. We have updated your account with a credit of $334.95. Please print or keep a copy of this email for your records.

:towel

C

Cr122

So it looks like we need to contact Directv again, because new customers are getting free NFL Sunday Ticket.

Bullshit, they'd better give me a discount on this years package or I'm cancelling.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna give it a shot too since it worked for you guys, especially since my subscription is up in August and if I cancel, they get nada.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
So it looks like we need to contact Directv again, because new customers are getting free NFL Sunday Ticket.

Bullshit, they'd better give me a discount on this years package or I'm cancelling.

I was aware of the free perk for signing up. I can't blame them for offering that to hook a new subsciber.

Top Bottom