dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bob's guy, Alford, and Ansah(BYU DE) have impressed me the most today.

No doubt he(Ansah) is going to blow up the combine. He's definitely going to be a fairly early pick.

But I cant help but look at those production numbers and wonder. I think I'd rather have some other team take a chance on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I posted about Ansah before I had watched the entire 2nd half.

He had a great game and showed he could play RDE and LDE. Still worry about the lack of more production during the year, but he did really stand out.

The above said, he does seem to have immense natural ability. Might be scary good if Marinelli got ahold of him.

Really liked the UCLA kid too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Liked what I saw from OL's Johnson and Fisher at T, Warford G, Schwenke at C/G
DL's liked Ansah, D Jones, Short, C Washington
Liked the Stanford and UCLA RB's
FSU's Williams at LB was interesting, although he doesnt seem to have the ideal height to play strong OLB in a 4-3.
Liked Bama's TE Williams. Liked the FB from Harvard too.

A few of the DB's made some nice plays.

Hated the QB's. Didnt like anything I saw from Margus Hunt. USC's McDonald was a let down. Wasnt overly impressed with any of the WR's either. Didnt really notice Okafor all that much either.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You really can't judge the QBs, WRs, and TEs from the Senior Bowl game. Mainly you look to see if the TEs can block, play special teams and same for the WRs.

The QBs need more than just a week to establish chemistry with the WRs and TEs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You really can't judge the QBs, WRs, and TEs from the Senior Bowl game. Mainly you look to see if the TEs can block, play special teams and same for the WRs.

The QBs need more than just a week to establish chemistry with the WRs and TEs.

When none of them really throw the ball with zip and accuracy, it isnt more time they need.

I was just underwhelmed and with only 6 draft picks, I'm hoping we DONT draft a QB this year now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
When none of them really throw the ball with zip and accuracy, it isnt more time they need.

I was just underwhelmed and with only 6 draft picks, I'm hoping we DONT draft a QB this year now.

The thing is, all these QBs have things that you can work with. None of the guys are slouches in terms of arm strength and the like, with the exception being Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley whose arms are just OK. I mean, all these guys look like NFL QBs but they need work on like ball placement, footwork etc.

For instance, Zac Dysert has a 3/4 delivery that effects his accuracy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still wouldnt waste a pick, particularly an early one on anybody in this crop. Tyler Bray might be the one guy I'd think about, but they need to alot of background work on him. Obviously hiring Derek Dooley gives us more insight into Bray than anyone though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Bray or bust for me this year at QB.

[video=youtube;pCaMP4XsiUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCaMP4XsiUY[/video]

Top Bottom