MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Johnny Walker GM was suggesting last week that he thought Romo might make a good offensive coordinator.

Numerous people said the same thing about Jason Garrett back in the mid to late 90's too, including a HOF QB and the drunk owner.

That said, whatever the coaches are doing with Prescott right now is working.

I think it was Brodus that was saying that Romo might have his goal set a little higher than coach. He has his eyes set on eventually building his own team like Elway did. That's why he would prefer to go to Denver. Other than Favre, Elway was his next biggest idol growing up. By going to Denver he'd be able to help Lynch while also learning from one of his childhood idols.

I also heard an interesting scenario for Romo after he's done playing. I think it was Peter King on the Ticket (the Musers I think) saying that he doesn't think Romo would want to be a coach for a specific team. He mentioned a conversation he had with Romo about QB mechanics and that Romo seemed to have a real interest in teaching mechanics to young QB's. Being a type of QB guru working with young QB's in the offseason would allow him to teach and get paid very well, without having that hellacious schedule NFL coaches have. With young kids Romo might OT want that schedule.

Top Bottom