Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doesn't want Romo coaching but OK with Wade Wilson

Not at all okay with Wade Wilson. Who do you think fucked up Tony?

You guys seriously want Romo coaching Dak? Can read a defense, huh. My goodness that's awesome. Hey maybe it'll work both ways and Romo will learn protecting the ball is even more important?

Reaction score
I would love to see him coaching Dak. Especially if he can show him how to read a defense. Romo is masterful at that. One of the best to ever QB, at doing that, as a matter of fact.

Is he really? I mean, the offense is running better than it ever has when Romo was QB. In fact, they are on a historic pace according to numbers geek PercyHoward.

Also, you ever notice how with Dak, the average snap time is around the 10-8 second mark on the play clock versus always coming down to the last possible moment with Romo? That means the defense can't time their jumps knowing that Romo always does that versus Dak rarely, if ever doing that.

I think history will think much less of Romo when it is all said and done. The only real gift he had was making plays during chaos. Dak doesn't need to because he just runs the offense like it is supposed to be ran rather than having to improvise in "oh fuck" moments.

Reaction score
I'm also not too enthused with thinking Tony was somehow gracious and magnanimous with his speech the other day. Too many of these people glossed right over the fact that Tony was so selfish as to demand to compete with Dak over the starting job during the middle of this historic streak. What kind of selfish asshole tries to derail the greatest winning streak in team history because he cannot accept that his day is done, and a better player has the job? He fucking damn well knows better than that, and yet he made it about him instead of the team. Hey Tony, it isn't about you any more. Remember that you have lived a good life because the worst thing that ever happened to you was blowing an easily winnable playoff game because you thought a trip to Cabo was more important than keeping your head focused on your job.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is he really? I mean, the offense is running better than it ever has when Romo was QB. In fact, they are on a historic pace according to numbers geek PercyHoward.

Also, you ever notice how with Dak, the average snap time is around the 10-8 second mark on the play clock versus always coming down to the last possible moment with Romo? That means the defense can't time their jumps knowing that Romo always does that versus Dak rarely, if ever doing that.

I think history will think much less of Romo when it is all said and done. The only real gift he had was making plays during chaos. Dak doesn't need to because he just runs the offense like it is supposed to be ran rather than having to improvise in "oh fuck" moments.
Yep study long, study wrong and paralysis through analysis, all is happening when Romo drops back to pass. Head soooooo full of theoretical shit it takes all that extra time to wade through it. Meanwhile the blitz is coming - yes the one he didn't fucking read. The one that somehow escaped his genius notice. That blitz.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also, you ever notice how with Dak, the average snap time is around the 10-8 second mark on the play clock versus always coming down to the last possible moment with Romo?
That was also dramatically reduced in 2014 even with Tony.

Not coincidentally when Linehan took over the offense.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I sure as FUCK don't want him coaching Dak. Teaching him what, how to fucking choke?

How about teaching him not to go to Cabo should they be fortunate enough to get the bye?

Romo could teach Dak a lot about what not to do in addition to imparting knowledge from his QB's perspective, I think he'd be a nice asset at the right price

Reaction score
That means the defense can't time their jumps knowing that Romo always does that versus Dak rarely, if ever doing that.
Come on with this shit again?

DL timing snaps has to be the biggest fan-forum-created urban legend out there.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Yes, he is very very good at his pre-snap reads. Which is something that is really hard to coach into a QB. His pre-snap reads are not what hurt the offenses he ran. It was his trying to do too much at once. The reason you are seeing Dak succeed so far and by such a great margin is he is willing to take the small chunks and walk down the field methodically.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yep study long, study wrong and paralysis through analysis, all is happening when Romo drops back to pass. Head soooooo full of theoretical shit it takes all that extra time to wade through it. Meanwhile the blitz is coming - yes the one he didn't fucking read. The one that somehow escaped his genius notice. That blitz.

You are off your fucking rocker when it comes to Romo. Well, and with Bill Bates. Oh, and also how division records are weighted.

Reaction score
I hope doomsday is trolling just to get more action on this site. The alternative (that he actually believes the stupid shit he says) would make me sad that he somehow learned to type enough English to just waste everyone's time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I hope doomsday is trolling just to get more action on this site. The alternative (that he actually believes the stupid shit he says) would make me sad that he somehow learned to type enough English to just waste everyone's time.

Not running any adverts on the site so, not at all concerned with hits, traffic or activity.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes, he is very very good at his pre-snap reads. Which is something that is really hard to coach into a QB. His pre-snap reads are not what hurt the offenses he ran. It was his trying to do too much at once. The reason you are seeing Dak succeed so far and by such a great margin is he is willing to take the small chunks and walk down the field methodically.

Triumph of the uncluttered mind. Needs to stay uncluttered.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Johnny Walker GM was suggesting last week that he thought Romo might make a good offensive coordinator.

Numerous people said the same thing about Jason Garrett back in the mid to late 90's too, including a HOF QB and the drunk owner.

That said, whatever the coaches are doing with Prescott right now is working.

Top Bottom