dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No, not now. I'm talking about all those years, especially the 8-8 ones. They wasted his career.

Like I said, he isn't blameless here. He had some bad games at the key times too.

You cant give Romo sole credit for good games and blame someone else for bad games.

Meh. I guess Jason Witten was, too.

He's part of the team.

Love Witten, he is definitely one of the GOAT at his position but he wasn't always perfect either. Not many TE's (if any) had more false starts than he has had.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo has a nearly .700 winning percentage. I think he had a very miniscule part in the 8-8.

Right, we were 8-8 three seasons. We were also 13-3, 11-5, 12-4 and 9-7. We had one bad year with him as the starter (2010 and he didn't play the whole yr).

Like I said in the other post. You cant sit there and say he is responsible for everything good, but when bad things happen solely blame someone else.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is going elsewhere going to make him suddenly immune to back injuries or something?
Or make that shattered collarbone any stronger, with all its pins and screws in it?

I watched the entire video in DC dot com. I really am forced to wonder what prompted it, whose idea it was. It was mostly self-serving and maudlin, and nothing was said there that needed public saying. That's stuff best kept in-house, that you say to the guys. I dunno, but it had a air of phony to it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I watched the entire video in DC dot com. I really am forced to wonder what prompted it, whose idea it was.

Yeah like I said in my other post, it was really odd.

I totally agree with what you said above. It's very curious about how and why this thing happened today.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hearing parts of it now, I think he'll be playing for another team next year. He said if anything this might have made his competitive drive even stronger. Hope he wins big wherever he goes and makes Jerry and Garrett look like even bigger fools than they are.

That's exactly what he was doing TE. He's giving up his starting spot for the team but he let other teams know that he still has something left in the tank. I did think he made a bit of a slight at Dak's success by saying this was the best team he's played on and he was excited for the season to start.

I absolutely love what Dak is doing but I'm not anointing the kid yet. It would be a shame to have a great regular season only to play quality defenses in the NFL and lose because the kid is raw. Un;ess Romo proves me otherwise with his play on the field, I still think he's the better QB at this point.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Romo has made a lot of people in the organization a lot of money, from owner, to players to coaches. He sacrificed his body, came back when he wasn't ready (last season) to salvage and unsalvageable season and he loses his job to a 4th round rookie QB. Bledsoe was benched for his play, Romo was benched because of a once in a lifetime rookie season that even he described as "magical."

While the guy is a team player and you'd expect nothing but class from the man, you have to believe that deep down inside he feels pretty bitter. In a way, I would too, as would any competitor who's given his all for an organization.

Lastly, I was listening to NY sports radio and folks are giddy over the idea of Romo to the Jets. AZ could be another spot and probably better than NY, as they'd have a better D, a better stadium/playing conditions (weather) and a quality HC where NY will be hiring a new one in the off-season (if not sooner).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
While the guy is a team player and you'd expect nothing but class from the man, you have to believe that deep down inside he feels pretty bitter. In a way, I would too, as would any competitor who's given his all for an organization.
90 million richer for it, and also pretty stove up. Needs to worry more about his future health and mobility - his own kids might wanna play a pick-up game with ole dad someday.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo has done very well for himself. He has nothing to be bitter about. He still has his mobility and health, and is a financially well-off dude. Came outta nowheresville, undrafted and succeeded wildly. No regrets, dude.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys like Romo are competitors. If you haven't understood that about him after 10 years, then you haven't been watching.

Reaction score
I hope he goes to Arizona or to Denver like Ware and wins the Super Bowl. Jerry/Garrett ruined this guy's career in Dallas.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Tony has carried this team for years and even carried the head coach. I bet he sticks around in some capacity with the team even when he's done playing.

Jerry was saying this morning that he can see Tony as the OC here at some point. I think it was Brodus that was saying Tony has bigger dreams than that. He wants to go more the route of John Elway and build his own team. That's one of the reasons why Denver may be the best fit for him. I personally have been saying that Simien and their 1st would be a good deal for Romo. It's a reasonable 1st round pick considering Romo's age and health history. Also the Broncos would have no need for Simien and he'd be a perfect backup for Dak. Prevents Cowboys from having I spend a draft pick on a QB and prevents them from having to sign some scrub ass backup. Simien has proven he can play in the NFL and is still on his rookie contract.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Arizona could use a Tony romo

After Denver I think Arizona would be the perfect spot for him. When it comes to what the Cowboys could get in return I would love to trade him to Chicago or the Jets but I wouldn't want that for Tony. Chicago is horrible and I would hate for him to have to deal with those shitbags they call a media in NY. Denver would give him a legit shot at a SB title and Arizona would give him a respectable end to his career. I don't see that happening in NY or Chicago. Miami might be another option.

Reaction score
image.png

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I hope he goes to Arizona or to Denver like Ware and wins the Super Bowl. Jerry/Garrett ruined this guy's career in Dallas.
After Denver I think Arizona would be the perfect spot for him. When it comes to what the Cowboys could get in return I would love to trade him to Chicago or the Jets but I wouldn't want that for Tony. Chicago is horrible and I would hate for him to have to deal with those shitbags they call a media in NY. Denver would give him a legit shot at a SB title and Arizona would give him a respectable end to his career. I don't see that happening in NY or Chicago. Miami might be another option.
How bout if he just wins his SB ring here in Dallas, as Dak's capable backup? Would suit me just fine.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Jerry was saying this morning that he can see Tony as the OC here at some point. I think it was Brodus that was saying Tony has bigger dreams than that. He wants to go more the route of John Elway and build his own team. That's one of the reasons why Denver may be the best fit for him. I personally have been saying that Simien and their 1st would be a good deal for Romo. It's a reasonable 1st round pick considering Romo's age and health history. Also the Broncos would have no need for Simien and he'd be a perfect backup for Dak. Prevents Cowboys from having I spend a draft pick on a QB and prevents them from having to sign some scrub ass backup. Simien has proven he can play in the NFL and is still on his rookie contract.

Tony a GM?

silvrbluattak

Spectator
Reaction score
Class Act

Romo did a courageous thing. I know it was tearing him up inside but he knew games ago that the writing was on the wall.

He is gone at the end of the season. Wish him luck At the same time I am looking forward to many years of the Cowboys with Dak as the starter.
Thank you for your contribution to the team, Tony.

Top Bottom