Reaction score
a Lot of suiciders feel their loved ones are better off without them. Your brain turns everything into poison. Kurt contain referenced that feeling in his note to his daughter.

Last edited:

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I do not see my life as owned by those around me. I do not agree with most suicides, but I do believe it possible to have a justified suicide and I do think it is their right.

God gives everyone two gifts, life and death.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I haven't read all of this, but wasn't he on anti-depressents? As someone 'battling depressions' as it's continually said, I wouldn't doubt he was. The side effects of some anti-depressents are suicidal urges. He may not have really been of sound mind and it would be hard to blame a chemically altered brain for not functioning properly.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I do not see my life as owned by those around me. I do not agree with most suicides, but I do believe it possible to have a justified suicide and I do think it is their right.

God gives everyone two gifts, life and death.

I think it changes if you have kids

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Antidepressant medication and suicide risk

For some people, antidepressant treatment causes an increase, rather than a decrease, in depression—and with it, an increased risk of suicide. While this is particularly true of children and young adults on antidepressant medication, anyone taking antidepressants should be closely watched for suicidal thoughts and behaviors. The suicide risk is greatest during the first one to two months of antidepressant treatment.

Monitoring is especially important if this is the person’s first time on depression medication or if the dose has recently been changed. Signs that medication is making things worse include anxiety, insomnia, hostility, and extreme agitation—particularly if the symptoms appear suddenly or rapidly deteriorate. If you spot the warning signs in yourself or a loved one, contact a doctor or therapist immediately.

If you are concerned that a friend or family member is contemplating suicide, see Suicide Prevention.

Reaction score
I think it changes if you have kids

I agree, provided they're young kids.

But I have definitely heard of suicides in situations where I can see why the person did it. I don't think there's a bright line that it can never be justified.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now it's getting spooky. Reports today are saying he was found in a semi-sitting position with the belt wedged in the closed closet door.... Exactly like David Carradine was. (Except Carradine used a rope) Reportedly a very common technique for AEA practitioners, also called "gaspers."

I don't call it "hanging" when the hangee's feet are touching the ground.

Even more spooky, is life imitating art? In the movie "World’s Greatest Dad," a 2009 black comedy written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait and starring Robin Williams, Lance Clayton (Williams) discovers in horror that his son Kyle has accidentally strangled himself in an autoerotic asphyxiation accident in his bedroom, looking at a picture of Claire’s underwear. To avoid embarrassing his son and himself, the Williams character stages his son’s death as an intentional suicide.

I can see the family staging this as a suicide, even in cooperation with the police.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He was also recently diagnosed with Parkinson's, so that could have tipped the balance.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I haven't read all of this, but wasn't he on anti-depressents? As someone 'battling depressions' as it's continually said, I wouldn't doubt he was. The side effects of some anti-depressents are suicidal urges. He may not have really been of sound mind and it would be hard to blame a chemically altered brain for not functioning properly.
I'm currently on 2 AD'S. Most days are pretty good, but yesterday was bad. Not suicidal bad, but no fucks were given. If anyone had disrespected me, I would have flown off the handle and assaulted them. Nothing like that happened though, and today I feel fine. As far as the "selfish" statements, that's the perception of the people affected by a suicide. The perception of the suicidal person is there's no hope, and everyone around them would be better off. Depression sucks.

Top Bottom