Reaction score
What of he's not really dead? What if he's just a much better actor than anyone thought?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
is it really that much of a stretch to want to off yourself? you live 80 years then you die maybe your kids remember something about you and didn't stick you in a home but realistically noone gives a shit if you're here or not. you don't matter.

and yet Cbz40 lives on at the Zone

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Chemical deficiency or whatever.

It can also be caused by long term or chronic pain,or simply having life kick you in nuts one too many times.
The human mind is a wonderful wacky and sometimes completely fucked up thing.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Watched the 20/20 piece on him last night. That guy was genuinely just goofy/funny.

Suicide is such a fucked up thing. No matter how much you try to understand it, or understand why someone would do it, nobody can really know. Or maybe you can if you've been in that state of mind before and come through it, but if you haven't, there's no making sense of it. Sure, you can say "oh, he was in so much pain.", but what the fuck does anyone know about what kind of pain it takes for someone to leave like that?

Then on the other hand, you want to feel something for that person, but it's such a fucked situation, how can you feel sorry for someone that does such a thing? The person chose to die. You feel for the family, obviously, and you miss the person, but I don't understand mourning the circumstances.

Not sure if that makes sense. Depression, whatever the fuck that is, has a strangle hold on my Dad's side of the family. My grandfather died by suicide years ago. My uncle has been battling depression for going on about 5 years. Through his struggles, I reached out to my grandfathers side of the family and found out that one of his sisters completed suicide, and one of his other brothers is believed to have done the same. It's such an weird thing. Chemical deficiency or whatever. I think this problem is so common because the root of it is the brain, and anything to do with mind illness is such a personal thing. Nobody likes to admit they're fucked in the head.

Through the bit of research I've done, it's mind blowing just how common suicide is. And it will drive you fuckin bananas trying to make sense of it. Someone who is stable cannot fathom why a person would do that sort of thing, but it always comes back to the person being fucked in the head, so we really shouldn't be able to understand it.

I have been in that state before. Obviously, many years ago, but if I hadn't had my wife to lean on back then, I'm not sure what would have happened. It's a shitty feeling to know no hope. If there are steps between where I was and actually pulling the trigger, I can't even begin to imagine how bad it must feel.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have been in that state before. Obviously, many years ago, but if I hadn't had my wife to lean on back then, I'm not sure what would have happened. It's a shitty feeling to know no hope. If there are steps between where I was and actually pulling the trigger, I can't even begin to imagine how bad it must feel.

And even then, like you say, there could have been an even deeper pain than whatever it was you were experiencing. Obviously you've experienced it to a degree, and came out the other side.

Its one of those things that a person should really be thankful they don't have, because once you get there, it's hard to get back. At least from what I've learned from just talking to people who were on the brink.

If you've been around it, it's a scary thing. When my uncle came down with the depression and suicidal thoughts, and I learned that 2-3 people in my family had completed suicide, my wife and I had a long discussion about wether or not to start a family. I've seen the disease take down some of the smartest people I know.

I guess the fear was myself falling into the family curse, or even worse, passing that deficiency to a daughter or son. It took a lot of time to finally decide that having a kid was worth taking the risks. But shit, that fear is always there. Never been remotely suicidal or depressed, but it's always in the back of my mind that one day I'm going to have to fight something lke this.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It can also be caused by long term or chronic pain,or simply having life kick you in nuts one too many times.
The human mind is a wonderful wacky and sometimes completely fucked up thing.

Good point. I don't know why, but when I think of suicide, terminal illness is always the last thing I think of. Maybe because from a terminal standpoint, it almost makes it ok to check out on your own terms.

Idk.

Reaction score
the dcu apparently has no sympathy for anything except for people whose feelbads are so out of control that they bail

Iamtdg

Reaction score
And even then, like you say, there could have been an even deeper pain than whatever it was you were experiencing. Obviously you've experienced it to a degree, and came out the other side.

Its one of those things that a person should really be thankful they don't have, because once you get there, it's hard to get back. At least from what I've learned from just talking to people who were on the brink.

If you've been around it, it's a scary thing. When my uncle came down with the depression and suicidal thoughts, and I learned that 2-3 people in my family had completed suicide, my wife and I had a long discussion about wether or not to start a family. I've seen the disease take down some of the smartest people I know.

I guess the fear was myself falling into the family curse, or even worse, passing that deficiency to a daughter or son. It took a lot of time to finally decide that having a kid was worth taking the risks. But shit, that fear is always there. Never been remotely suicidal or depressed, but it's always in the back of my mind that one day I'm going to have to fight something lke this.

At the time I really thought I was as low as a human being could possibly get. But since, I've wondered if that's really true. I mean, I was basically homeless at one point in my life, and was trying to support a wife. I'm really glad now that I didn't have a gun at the time. Not that I would have, but the convenience of having a gun around might have tipped the scale. Because I did have thoughts about pain when it had to do with doing it another way. So, if pain was the only thing standing in the way, an immediate release might have changed how things turned out. Sucks about your family, brother. Hopefully, it won't happen again, and your family won't have to experience the horror again.

Reaction score
maybe i didn't explain it.

like almost everything terrible that happens peeps are all "well fuck them and here's some jokes"

someone offs themselves and suddenly introspection and empathy rules the day

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
One year ago:

Robin Williams will return to TV after nearly three decades – because two divorces have left him short of cash.

The comic’s breakups cost him £20million and he claims to need a ‘steady job’. He is also selling his £20million California ranch due to his sizeable alimony payments.[...]

The 62-year-old, said: ‘Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it “all the money”, but they changed it to “alimony”.

It’s ripping your heart out through your wallet.’

Close friends said he resented having to go back to work. Marriage has never been a bigger sucker’s bet for men. Prenups are routinely shredded by lawyers and ignored by judges. The fix is in.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

like almost everything terrible that happens peeps are all "well fuck them and here's some jokes"

My first reaction to most things is to try and find a way to make them funny.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
At the time I really thought I was as low as a human being could possibly get. But since, I've wondered if that's really true. I mean, I was basically homeless at one point in my life, and was trying to support a wife. I'm really glad now that I didn't have a gun at the time. Not that I would have, but the convenience of having a gun around might have tipped the scale. Because I did have thoughts about pain when it had to do with doing it another way. So, if pain was the only thing standing in the way, an immediate release might have changed how things turned out. Sucks about your family, brother. Hopefully, it won't happen again, and your family won't have to experience the horror again.

Hope so.

My uncle seems like he's in a better place, but he's the only one that really knows.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

I don't think you're wrong,but it's not just the DCU.
People have a tendency to joke about horrible shit,you know this.
I would have said "when someone famous offs themselves"because most of the other suicides go unnoticed,are never mentioned or are covered up.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Really when it's boiled down to it's most simple terms, it is the ultimate selfish act.

In 2003,my Aunt(my mother's sister in law to be precise),long since estranged from everyone except her two children and quite out of her mind,killed herself in her sister's house on Christmas day.Merry Christmas everyone.
A singularly selfish act

Reaction score

Bc this one hits close to Home trayvon or this new murdered kid don't

Top Bottom